Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177174 - 07/17/08 07:33 PM Worst experience ever yesterday
Baas140 Offline
Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
Yesterday I got sprayed in the face with OC spray. It was the most horrendous experience ever. It was for Grand Valley State University's Police Academy. Part of our training is getting sprayed with OC spray. We got sprayed in the face, then had to give five knee strikes to someones thigh, then 5 baton strikes to the thigh, then order someone on the ground at gunpoint, handcuff them, then get on the radio and call for backup.

The pain was unbearable. The burning sensation was awful. It's almost physically impossible to open your eyes and your chest tightens up which makes it very difficult to breath. It took a good 20 minutes to be able to see straight, and about 45 minutes total for the pain to subside. When I was able to see, I looked at the front of my shirt which was covered with snot and spit. Just so you know how hot the stuff is, peppers are measure in SHU's. A jalepeno pepper is 300 SHU's. We were sprayed with 10% OC, which measures 10 million SHU's.

So, just an FYI, if you screw with the police and they pull out their OC spray, start complying. The pain is far from worth it.

Another FYI, if you want to see a bunch of guys whine like little girls, go visit the nearest police academy on OC day. It can get pretty commical.
#177175 - 07/17/08 08:19 PM Re: Worst experience ever yesterday
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Don't Taze me Bro!!!!!!!!!!!

Tear gas is some pretty potent stuff. I'll never forget that class in boot camp. I know what you mean by snot all over the place.
#177176 - 07/17/08 08:23 PM Re: Worst experience ever yesterday
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Don't Taze me Bro!!!!!!!!!!!
lol that was a good news story..
#177177 - 07/17/08 08:24 PM Re: Worst experience ever yesterday
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
someone paypal me $150 and i will do it and get a vid of it for everyone to see haha, (just shows how broke i am)
#177178 - 07/17/08 10:34 PM Re: Worst experience ever yesterday
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
Reminds me of tear gas training I went thru a few years back. We all entered a small building wearing our gas masks. 1 by 1 you have to remove your mask and walk across the room. The instructor would ask you some stupid question so you would have to speak and then inhale, as well as look where the door was. My eyes burned for 10-15 minutes, snotty nose, burned lungs. etc. Some idiots rubbed their eyes afterwards. Hey stupid, the crap is on your fingers too. They made it worse.
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#177179 - 07/17/08 10:53 PM Re: Worst experience ever yesterday
20gtp02 Offline
My police officer buddy friend went through the same thing, I saw photos!
Snot and drool and this and that, looked pretty horrible.
Was it alcohol or water based?
I believe around here the cops aren't aloud to carry alcohol based.
My dad just picked up some Spray from army/navy supply store, for my sister, that also puts out a dye. It last for three days on you. It is to help the police identify the suspect if he/she is sprayed with the stuff. The alcohol spray is the way to go for defense. He also bought my sis a $90 tazor, it is the size of a razor phone, little fatter, and that thing is sick!
She got this because she moved to NY, and needs some protection. I was on the phone with her yesterday and she screamed. Some kids sprayed her with water guns and thought it was funny. I hoped it was just water!
I got into some pepper spray when I was like 10 yr old, and that was a pretty bad experience not knowing why my eyes were burning and what not.

#177180 - 07/17/08 11:15 PM Re: Worst experience ever yesterday
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
He also bought my sis a $90 tazor, it is the size of a razor phone, little fatter, and that thing is sick!
She got this because she moved to NY, and needs some protection. I was on the phone with her yesterday and she screamed. Some kids sprayed her with water guns and thought it was funny. I hoped it was just water!
I was hoping you were going to say she tazed them. lol
#177181 - 07/18/08 12:17 PM Re: Worst experience ever yesterday
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
wow man.... that sucks.

Just be glad its over
#177182 - 07/19/08 05:28 PM Re: Worst experience ever yesterday
20gtp02 Offline
I told her to taze the crap out of them, or spray the dye pepper spray on them. But she would be in deep criminal matter then. I think she and her friend went and bought squirt guns!