Napa monster truck hits crowd

Posted by: snowrider900

Napa monster truck hits crowd - 08/10/07 06:43 AM

Not Good!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/09/monster.truck.ap/
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Napa monster truck hits crowd - 08/10/07 09:36 AM

why in the world would they have done something like that in a parking lot with no barriers? When they have monster trucks here in Richmond the donr even sell seats for a bunch of rows in the lower level in case one gets out of control.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Napa monster truck hits crowd - 08/10/07 01:52 PM

""After its third or fourth attempt of rolling over the cars, and getting back down to the street, it appeared to have lost control and at that point careened off to the left into part of the crowd that was watching the event," said City Manager Mark Biernacki."

Looks to me like after he got back on cement, he hit the gas when he should have hit the brake, not "lost control."
Posted by: The Fridge

Re: Napa monster truck hits crowd - 08/10/07 02:55 PM

Looks like some redneck walmart parking lot crap. Even the cameraman was thinking about somthing else.

Can't say I wouldn't do it but I can run pretty fast when I need to save my hide.

An you would think that a huge truck coming at you on two wheels - engine roaring would be a pretty good indication to move out of the way.

Or is it just me?
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Napa monster truck hits crowd - 08/10/07 05:09 PM

It's just you. wink
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: Napa monster truck hits crowd - 08/10/07 07:03 PM

I hope he just went out of control because if it was a "hit gas instead of brake" thing, he was on that gas for a good long while.

I know this sounds cynical after the truck landed, it looked like an actual large monster pouncing its prey going "aaaaahhhh!!!"

Maybe it is just me laugh

They should have placed more safety precautions.
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: Napa monster truck hits crowd - 08/10/07 07:06 PM

I hope he just went out of control because if it was a "hit gas instead of brake" thing, he was on that gas for a good long while.

I know this sounds cynical but after the truck landed, it looked like an actual large monster pouncing its prey going "aaaaahhhh!!!"

Maybe it is just me laugh

They should have placed more safety precautions.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Napa monster truck hits crowd - 08/14/07 12:06 PM

Terrible videographer! Sounds like dude went WOT or the truck throttle got stuck in WOT after coming down.