bike riders?

Posted by: scrap

bike riders? - 05/31/04 10:12 PM

Ok just wondering who all rides bikes here?
I know I saw a post from another memeber with his bike. I believe it was a Honda. Anyone else ride?
Posted by: BryantGTP

Re: bike riders? - 05/31/04 11:40 PM

That's me.

I have a a Honda and a Yamaha. They're in my sig.

What do you ride?
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: bike riders? - 06/01/04 09:29 AM

I used to ride back in the day, had a brand new '83 Suzuki GS550ES. Got married and the wife put a clause in our vows. "If I ever decide to buy another bike, I first have to find somewhere else to live."

Re: bike riders? - 06/01/04 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Austin GTP:
I used to ride back in the day, had a brand new '83 Suzuki GS550ES.
You're really dating yourself with that one, Bobby.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: bike riders? - 06/01/04 03:38 PM

I know, I'm getting old, but young at heart.
Posted by: scrap

Re: bike riders? - 06/01/04 07:01 PM

I ride a 03 gsxr 1000.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: bike riders? - 06/08/04 04:02 PM

Here's what I ride

1986 CMX250CD
Posted by: 4 T 8 states

Re: bike riders? - 06/08/04 04:10 PM

i liked the first photo better,the one with your garage plus id been meanin to ask you, were those pink wheels in the background? eek

Re: bike riders? - 06/13/04 11:49 PM

Here's my dirt bike: 1995 Yamaha YZ125. Nothing special here, FMF pipe and some other minor mods. Has some great low end power though, enough for me at least.

That's my new truck in the background, I'll make a post about it later when I get some more pictures.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: bike riders? - 06/19/04 01:27 AM

I've had several small to medium bikes over the years ( I even had a Honda Helix scooter for a while...weird lookin thing, but a blast to ride and cruise the whole countryside on next-to-no fuel)...but after I got the chance to ride a touring bike, I was bitten...I promised myself never to own another one til I could get a big honkin road bike...I cant get into the whole crotch rocket thing. #1, that seating position looks hella uncomfortable. #2, that much performance on two wheels scares the shit out of me!...to be honest, I saw some trikes in Ocean City MD last summer (MotorTrike conversions...you can see them at www.motortrike.com ) and I fell in love with a Valkyrie trike there...but it will be a long dry spell before I shell out 3 times more buckies for a trike than what I financed on my car!

Re: bike riders? - 06/22/04 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I cant get into the whole crotch rocket thing. #1, that seating position looks hella uncomfortable. #2, that much performance on two wheels scares the shit out of me
It scares me too, and my bike isn't incredibly fast. My buddy has a GSXR750, that's a fast bike. It's too much for me. I've been on a Ninja ZX-9R (900cc) and it was the fastest thing I've ever ridden. Got my to 130mph on the highway pretty quickly.

I've also been on a Honda Valkrye. It's a 1520cc, V6 monster. Faster than my sport bike. Hell of a lot of fun though.

I feel more comfortable on my sport bike than on a big cruiser. It's a more active seating position and I feel like I'm in better control of everything.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: bike riders? - 07/10/04 11:24 PM

With all the focus on custom choppers since "American Chopper"...a lot of folks don't know about Arlen Ness, the grandaddy of the custom bike world...Here's a little PaintShop I did of AN's bike I like best in a classic diner shot...I have a larger version if anyone wants it for a wallpaper.
Posted by: Adam S.

Re: bike riders? - 07/19/04 01:50 AM

2004 Honda VFR800 Interceptor

Re: bike riders? - 07/19/04 08:01 AM

You just get it?
Posted by: Adam S.

Re: bike riders? - 07/19/04 08:59 AM

Yes, just last weekend. I spent alot of time on a 1997 VFR, and felt it was basically the perfect bike. You get the control and seating position of a "crotch rocket", but not the discomfort. I also like the full instrumentation, as well as the single rear swingarm, and of course the V-four motor, which to me has always been its biggest selling point. I prefer the V's over the inlines. Little more torque and a unique sound and powerband. The new bike's only downfalls are its weight, and the fact that it "only" has a little more than 110hp, which these days could be considered a little low. But, it's still more than plenty for me; I'm willing to sacrifice a few hp for some comfort and little torque.
Posted by: zachd

Re: bike riders? - 07/20/04 03:40 AM

Arlen Ness has some cool bikes, he had a couple builds on tv a while back. I would like to have a bike but will probably be into cars for most my life because thats what my friends do and it just wouldnt be fun going out to eat with my buddys and not all ridin in the GP or the SRT4.........
Posted by: why2kmax

Re: bike riders? - 07/23/04 03:41 PM

2000 Yamaha V-max for me.