New Fogs

Posted by: jorgs_7

New Fogs - 03/01/09 08:04 PM

Blue Fog Lights

Anyone had these before ? i bought them already, they look really good, atleast the bulb is completely blue, anyone ?
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 09:35 PM

my HID fogs look better. those are cheap junk.

those are FAKE HID's dude, im sure you want the real thing, you have to buy the KIT that has the BALLASTS to wire them to be REAL HID's and not these fake junk, they will be better than stock but no where near HID.
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 09:46 PM

I'm getting the Autopia Halo fogs and then getting an HID kit for them. That seems like the best way to go to me.

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 09:58 PM

yea i figured that boost, but idc about light output, its about the color for me, but do you they give off a good color ? well its only 20$ so if theyre dumps, ill get 1000k HIDs,

Since i need a harness for my headlights, do you think ill need one for fog lights too ? or no

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 10:04 PM

you dont need a harness dude, the 880 HID kit is plug and play into your stock harness, easy as heck to install. and same with the headlights, only thing to wire up is the BIXenon converter box if you do bixenon, easy to install, dont do 10000K thats jsut pointless, trust me get 6000K, you wont be disapointed.

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 10:07 PM

dude i have HIDS, ive dealt with harnesses, and i DID need one for my headlights, couldnt get good ground, so i had to hard wire it, which makes me just want to buy bulbs just for looks while my headlights rock anyway

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 10:12 PM

you wont have any good look with those bulbs, they wont be blue at all, just a little bit brighter white than stock, only an HID kit will be true blue look.

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 10:15 PM

i had a claiming blue bulb before, but these actually have a blue glass bulb, not white, so it must have SOME blue in it honestly, my manager has blue bulbs in his honda, and theyre REALLY blue, just bulbs too. with the blue glass on the bulb, so maybe ill have some luck for 20$ then again his is a honda and those ricers make wild things!

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 10:20 PM

HONDA = JUNK. there you have it. get real HID's you wont be disapointed wink

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 10:22 PM

youre very biased toward hondas, some could smoke a GP easily, but about ,.001% actually have mods besides unpainted bumpers and racing seats LOL
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jorgs_7:
yea i figured that boost, but idc about light output, its about the color for me, but do you they give off a good color ? well its only 20$ so if theyre dumps, ill get 1000k HIDs,

Since i need a harness for my headlights, do you think ill need one for fog lights too ? or no
you dont care about light output, yeah maybe when you hit a deer because you couldnt see you will think somthing else?? but hey you looked real "cool" before you hit the deer

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
Quote:
[b] yea i figured that boost, but idc about light output, its about the color for me, but do you they give off a good color ? well its only 20$ so if theyre dumps, ill get 1000k HIDs,

you dont care about light output, yeah maybe when you hit a deer because you couldnt see you will think somthing else?? but hey you looked real "cool" before you hit the deer [/b]
LOL!!! so true!

GET HIDS! they are ALOT better than cheap knockoff bulbs that make you "cool" or should i say "honda cool"

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 10:49 PM

and im not biased against hondas, im biased against people who take the cheap way out of things just to "look cool" there are many hondas i respect, those are called "true imports" not ricers who slap GTR stickers on their cars and claim to have 3 turbos and boosting 40psi.

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 11:03 PM

I HAVE HID HEADLIGHTS WHAT DO YOU NOT GET

i dont even use my fog lights anyway it wont even show up with my HIDs out lighting them
good god, i wont hit a deer because i have hids so good enough out put so why dont you go hit a deer

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 11:09 PM

With a decent set of foglights with HID bulbs you will be able to see the difference between your headlights and your foglights. They have two different beam patterns.

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 11:10 PM

yea but these are 60$ cheaper laugh but enough arguing, ill get picks up to show b4 and after

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 11:13 PM

i get you have HID's im talking fog lights dude, and trust me HID fogs MAKE A DIFFERENCE, a world of difference.

cheap knockoffs dont do crap
Posted by: macus1305

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 11:16 PM

what about zzp's lights r they any good
http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=94&catid=101

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 11:19 PM

yeah they are but they are overpriced, and they arent the BiXenon kit unless you choose the option, way to much IMO, i had those in my last GTP, i liked them but wont spend that price again, so i got mine off Ebay. heck of a lot cheaper.

oh wait i just looked at that link, those are just replacement stock bulbs, so they wont be any better light output, so dont get those, get a true HID kit if you want better light output and will be able to see the acual road instead of 2 feet in front of the car with stock headlights.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: New Fogs - 03/01/09 11:38 PM

I had them, light output sucked.

Posted by: snowrider900

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 02:23 AM

The fogs do make a difference, Im sure we have all driven down a dark road and switched our fogs off and on, and with thoes that have the DRL diabled and run with the parking lights and fogs, it looks cool, but id like to have my fogs brighter, because on a pitch black road...they do make a difference, i plan on ..either getting new ones or buying something to replace them, just so the lens is at least stock... there over ten years old and pretty pitted
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by snowrider900:
The fogs do make a difference, Im sure we have all driven down a dark road and switched our fogs off and on, and with thoes that have the DRL diabled and run with the parking lights and fogs, it looks cool, but id like to have my fogs brighter, because on a pitch black road...they do make a difference, i plan on ..either getting new ones or buying something to replace them, just so the lens is at least stock... there over ten years old and pretty pitted
You need to get you some of these! laugh hammer

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 09:13 AM

where did u get thoes???

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 09:16 AM

would wally world have a good brand???
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 02:44 PM

Just try them out. I love my HID heads and fogs, but the headlights have a good enough light output that it doesn't matter what the fogs do. The output is better, but having HID's in your fogs isn't going to keep you from hitting a deer.

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 03:30 PM

THANK YOU ordonez, someone sees it my way for once, yea if you have HID heads, then your more than good to go, especially if you like to angle them a little bit higher lol

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 03:32 PM

you dont know what youre missing!

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 08:03 PM

people shining their brights at me LOL its happened about 3 times now hehehe

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 08:15 PM

Quote:
That's not because you're HID's are soooo bright. It's because the kit you have has to be adjusted to get the correct beam pattern and your headlights are aimed poorly.

I've said it before and I will say it again, if you want your HID kit to work correctly then go read BackInBlack's HID thread over on CGP.

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 08:27 PM

Quote:
THANK YOU ordonez, someone sees it my way for once, yea if you have HID heads, then your more than good to go, especially if you like to angle them a little bit higher lol
I'm not saying it isn't better, but if you have HID heads, it makes it better than most cars on the road.

Quote:
It sounds like you didn't aim your lights good enough.

Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
you dont know what youre missing!
I love mine, but it isn't that much of a difference.

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 08:32 PM

i purposely aim em a little high wink

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 08:44 PM

Quote:
i purposely aim em a little high wink
I hope you don't get anyone hurt because of it.

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 08:45 PM

theyre barely high, chill.

Re: New Fogs - 03/02/09 08:48 PM

Quote:
theyre barely high, chill.
It's just stupid to do that, but you do your thing.