inflating your ego

Posted by: ThunderBat

inflating your ego - 03/16/08 01:14 AM

I think we have all had someone at one time or another compliment us on how good our car looks. Yet in the past few days I have gotten a couple reactions that step a little outside the norm.

It always seems to be bit different when another "carguy" says "nice ride"...which I usually consider to be pretty high praise. I know with me there have been plenty of cars I've admired but when I feel moved to tell the owner how sharp his car looks I like that look a lot.

I was going to meet my wife for lunch the other day when two guys in a white GMC pickup pulled thru the intersection I was sitting at. The driver leaned head and arm out of the window and screamed at me; "Man that b*tch is BAD!"
Its not that I didnt enjoy the attention but had a car stopped in front of this guy he would have pushed their trunk into the back seat. I seem to be causing a traffic hazard by taking my car out of the driveway.

But the real cake-taker came this afternoon. I pulled into the drive thru at McDonalds, placed my order and idled around to the pay window. Here were two teenage girls,one behind the other craning out the window. The front girl tookmy money as if she were face to face with celebrity. She gasped for air and said; "Oh my gawd, I LOVE this car!...it is SO pretty...it is just SO..."
The the girl behind took over...
"THAT car is more than pretty, THAT car is hot! THAT car is SEXY...THAT car is SO hot, if I were a girl car, I would BANG your car!"

I almost burst into laughter but I held my composure and replied, "You'll have to stop now, your making my car overheat."

Gotta be the first time in my life I've had a chick offer to get busy with my car...and here I thought I had heard it all.
What on earth would she have done had I been driving something truly exotic? The world may never know. lol
Posted by: RooK

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 01:44 AM

Man, you can't make that stuff up! I would have loved to have seen it myself. Your wit serves you well too, great line. lol
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 06:57 AM

Well, I guess that's better than having them bang into your car... crazy hammer
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 08:04 AM

hey tbat would you let me use your car for a day then, if its getting you that attention, help a fellow gp'r out lol i wanna get some ##'s lol
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 08:28 AM

Like Batman or was it Bruce Wayne said.

"Chicks dig the car"
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 12:35 PM

Just make sure your head doesn't get too big, then you won't fit into that SEXY ride! j/p Love reading your stories T-Bat!
Posted by: snowrider900

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 12:55 PM

thumbsup too funny!
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 01:22 PM

Tim, can you send me some of your mojo? Please? oh, darn. I shall never be worthy of ThunderBat status. Curses, Dark Knight! CUUURRSSSEESSSSS!!! lol.
Posted by: GP GT GUY

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 01:44 PM

nice...
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 07:33 PM

I don't think anybody will EVER compliment my cars looks... frown

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 07:36 PM

if they dig roasted car

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
if they dig roasted car
...BURN... (literally) lol
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 07:47 PM

Quote:
if they dig roasted car
OUCH...that was cold dude crazy

I guess every Bat needs his Rogue lol

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I guess every Bat needs his Rogue lol
Or a pink, feline companion is lieu of some stupid bird. wink
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 09:46 PM

Nice T-bat.

Time for a blower?

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 09:58 PM

zerg im just messen..... it woulda been funny to make smores over the engine though

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 10:00 PM

Quote:
zerg im just messen..... it woulda been funny to make smores over the engine though
Damn....STRIKE 2!!!! hammer

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 10:58 PM

i feel bad , im not tryen to be mean about it because i would be pissed if something like that happened to my car, i feel sorry about it but people were talken about ego's and well after a fire that kinda sucks we on here are all sorry about what happened

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 11:02 PM

I think Zerg's car has almost reached the same status as Bryant's.
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 11:06 PM

Heh, that's awesome TBat...
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
[b] I guess every Bat needs his Rogue lol
Or a pink, feline companion is lieu of some stupid bird. wink [/b]
too bad shes more ox or yak or cow than 'Bird. Think shes got a 0-60 of 15 seconds. Maybe longer. If Belen were a bird, Id say shed prolly be a Dodo or Chicken. Maybe one day she'll earn her namesake. Maybe.
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: inflating your ego - 03/16/08 11:53 PM

Quote:
idk....he might just come hunt u down and while ur sleepin just accidentally set ur car on fire and then laugh at it....lol hes a silent assasin....hes one of those quite kids that at the right moment hes gonna snap...lol jk zerg
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: inflating your ego - 03/17/08 10:50 PM

Quote:
hey tbat would you let me use your car for a day then, if its getting you that attention, help a fellow gp'r out lol i wanna get some ##'s lol
X2, I'll even throw in gas money. thumbsup