swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic

Posted by: 00grandprixgt

swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/15/09 04:08 PM

ok i really need to get a oil change and would it hurt to use regular oil for a oil change or 2? i have nasty looking valvoline in it right now. i reasearched and i ive gotten about half saying no dont and the other half saying it wont hurt anything. i personally dont see what itll hurt. The reason why i am swappign back becuase of money constriants.
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/15/09 06:32 PM

wrong section, BUT that wouldnt be a wise choice to switch from synthetic to regular. just do a syn blend if you must.
Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/15/09 07:33 PM

if you do a change regularly then i dont see why not non synthetic, its a lot of money
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/15/09 07:59 PM

As long as we're just throwing our opinions out there... I think it'll be fine. wink
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/15/09 08:58 PM

I'm sure it'll be fine but will the extra $10 hurt you that much? Even the Wal-Mart Super Tech synthetic would be fine. I just think why switch between the 2 if it's really not necessary? I don't know if it's bad or not but it just doesn't make sense to change them.

Re: swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/15/09 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 98greenGT:
I'm sure it'll be fine but will the extra $10 hurt you that much? Even the Wal-Mart Super Tech synthetic would be fine. I just think why switch between the 2 if it's really not necessary? I don't know if it's bad or not but it just doesn't make sense to change them.
yeah until i can get a real job im workin slave labor prices for my parents and get 35 a week to do barn work(3 horses),clean garage , and take out garage. every freaking day. and i get my bills paid, which is nice of them.
Posted by: UMfan

Re: swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/15/09 11:40 PM

About 10 years ago I read an article that said do NOT do this EVER. I don't know...maybe technology has improved with the oils and engines since then...

The basis of the article said that the seals will leak if you switch back to regular after using synthetic.

Re: swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/16/09 12:02 AM

yeah i heard that also in OLD aticles...i did some reasearh and they are soo advance now that it doesnt really matter...let me find that site..

HUm Found ITT
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081229113708AATlBDA

read up.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/16/09 06:59 AM

I wouldn't sweat it. Change back and forth all you like.

Re: swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/16/09 01:39 PM

okay thanks guys i was lost lol
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/16/09 05:00 PM

yes you can change back to dyno oil....as long as you stick on the same weight ( 10w30... ect)
Posted by: lonezergling

Re: swtchign back to regular oil from synthetic - 02/16/09 09:04 PM

IIRC most synthetics are a standard/synthetic blend anyway.

I think Mobil 1 and Royal Purple are the only full synthetic motor oils that we carry at Wal-Mart.