New General Lee

Posted by: Alex

New General Lee - 08/12/05 12:40 PM

How about this?

I think it looks good, but, nothing like the original
Posted by: TastyBake

Re: New General Lee - 08/12/05 01:24 PM

eh,

It has no guard in front. No charisma, either.
Posted by: RooK

Re: New General Lee - 08/12/05 01:43 PM

Already seen that, but in a graphic mockup done in Mopar Muscle (but it had the push bars). It looks horrible, the car looks literally like a brick... there are no sleek lines to it anywhere. Even with the big V8, the Mustang GT still outruns it because it weighs in around 4,000lbs. Did I mention no manual (or pistol grip 4 speed for that matter). frown
Posted by: framos242

Re: New General Lee - 08/12/05 04:01 PM

There's only one General Lee and that ain't it!

devilsmile
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: New General Lee - 08/12/05 04:06 PM

Put 02 on it and call it General Beauregard (sp?)
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: New General Lee - 08/12/05 04:44 PM

I thought 02 would have been Stonewall Jackson laugh ...I figured it would only be a matter of time before someone did that to one of the new "Chargers" (and I use that term very loosely)
Posted by: Arcxnus

Re: New General Lee - 08/12/05 04:46 PM

My life just lost its meaning.
Posted by: framos242

Re: New General Lee - 08/12/05 05:16 PM

Cheer up Arc! devilgrin
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: New General Lee - 08/12/05 06:00 PM

It's got 2 too many doors. frown
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: New General Lee - 08/12/05 06:35 PM

You could always weld them shut devilgrin
Posted by: Jizz

Re: New General Lee - 08/12/05 08:10 PM

OMG! And everyone bashed the new GTO --

OK That is it...Anyone who bashed the new GTO officially owes the new GTO a great big Sorry.

That looks like "I cannot find the words" kooky
Posted by: DoberManJT

Re: New General Lee - 08/14/05 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jizz:
OMG! And everyone bashed the new GTO --

OK That is it...Anyone who bashed the new GTO officially owes the new GTO a great big Sorry.

That looks like "I cannot find the words" kooky
+1
Posted by: snowcrash

Re: New General Lee - 08/14/05 08:08 PM

did it have the confederate flag on top of it? i had heard at one time that they were not going to have it on the general lee in the movie, but i guess that was changed. no way you can have a general lee with out all of the details!

Re: New General Lee - 08/14/05 08:23 PM

People who think the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism are idiots who listen to the media and skinheads too much. The swastika the Nazis used, before they adopted it, is actually a Hindu symbol. Some people have that symbol for whatever it stands for (something peaceful) and get ridiculed because others think they're neonazis or white supremist.

I love the GTO. Wish I could afford one. The only bad things about it: needs to go on a diet and be called a Grand Prix.

Re: New General Lee - 08/15/05 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
I love the GTO. Wish I could afford one. The only bad things about it: needs to go on a diet and be called a Grand Prix.
A GTO on a Diet is a Gran Prix :rolleyes:

Take away the LSx engine in the GTO and you have a Grand Prix cool

Re: New General Lee - 08/15/05 10:54 PM

Quote:
People who think the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism are idiots who listen to the media and skinheads too much. The swastika the Nazis used, before they adopted it, is actually a Hindu symbol. Some people have that symbol for whatever it stands for (something peaceful) and get ridiculed because others think they're neonazis or white supremist.
Oh my.... take it easy....breath....
laugh

Re: New General Lee - 08/15/05 11:30 PM

I'm not blowing my top or being mad, just pointing out some facts. kooky
Posted by: snowcrash

Re: New General Lee - 08/16/05 01:29 AM

Quote:
I'm not blowing my top or being mad, just pointing out some facts. kooky
i agree 100%

to me, it's just another symbol of southern heritage, and has some real meaning to it. i love watching and reading stuff on how the confederate army did things! it sucks having a confederate cemetary and then having groups raise so much hell on whether or not they should be allowed to have confederate flags on the graves of flying at the entrance!