Camaro's new MPG rating

Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/16/09 10:11 AM

According to sources, this morning GM North America President Troy Clarke was on CNBC this morning discussing General Motors. While being interview he claimed that the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro is now achieving a highway fuel economy rating of 29 MPG on the 300 HP, direct-injected 3.6L V6. If true, that means the new Camaro will be trumping the competition's V6's even more in fuel economy and power.

GMI can now confirm that this is true. On CNBC this morning Troy Clarke stated, "...we just got the EPA results back on this car [Camaro], and the V6 gets 29 MPG on the highway, 5 better than the competition."

So GM comes out swinging and hit's a home run. 300hp with a highway of 29mpg. That trumps Ford's Mustang GT. Not only does the Camaro offer power but miserly as well.

I just hope that helps with sales. Now put this 3.6L DI in a G8 and sell it.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/16/09 10:14 AM

Very cool. Hopefully people actually buy it.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/16/09 10:41 AM

Them Challengers loooking sexy on the rode.
Wonder how they are doing?
Can't wait to see more eye candy on the road.
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/16/09 11:09 AM

Not bad, hopefully they keep things up like this.

I am glad this whole near bankruptcy situation has happened, like Barrack says, it's time for a change and I believe this is what was needed.

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/16/09 02:07 PM

http://www.chevrolet.com/allnewcamaro/#

New Camaro website. LS starts at 22.9k

Ford bases the stang at 20.9k with an 18/26 rating with old school rear end and an enemic V6 with a 94hp deficit.

I think the extra 2k may be worth it.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/16/09 06:54 PM

That's great news, but I still think it's an ugly car. lol

I think the Camaro is going to save GM though. I mean, look at how fast the Challenger sells.

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/16/09 07:55 PM

And the Camaro is twice the car in base trim.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/16/09 09:18 PM

Link to real deal camaro anywhere?

Nothing popping up for me on that link to the camaro.
Posted by: black99gtp

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/16/09 11:29 PM

Wish I could afford one of the new camaro's..... or G8's..... or Challengers.....I'll stop

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/17/09 08:01 AM

Link works on my end.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/17/09 12:02 PM

same here.
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/17/09 12:29 PM

OMG!!!! 4 wheel Independent Suspension, RWD, low slung and wide! I don't care if I have to get a V6, I WANT ONE OF THESE!!!!! 304HP is enough to start with anyways, and you can't go wrong with 29MPG. All that starting at $22,500 is a good deal, IMHO anyways.

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/17/09 01:09 PM

Awsome deal when in that trim it compares with a Mustang GT. Ohh and you can get the V6 with the M6.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: Camaro's new MPG rating - 03/18/09 01:43 AM

The V6 Camaro has slightly more HP than the V8 Mustang. And the weight is comparable. That's one reason I am very impressed with the Camaro, and sorely disappointed in the Mustang. Not to mention, now the Mustang is going to be just as ugly as the Camaro, but less masculine looking.