Roll Call Name behind the user!

Posted by: ChrisGT

Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 02:46 AM

ChrisGT = luke jk lol

Whoever wants to post go ahead figure it would help people out.
Posted by: palsut

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 02:59 AM

My real name is Patrick Sutton.

Why did I use my user name?

Pa as Patrick. L as middle name. Sut as Sutton.

Now add together

palsut

It was my dad's idea. I have that name like since 1996. Nothing new I guess laugh
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 03:09 AM

StreetShaker = Dane.

I chose StreetShaker because I'm n love with the 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS LS6 (SS454)

SS= StreetShaker.
Posted by: GTPCompG

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 03:09 AM

Ben Hayes, chose GrandPrixGTAlpine because when I first joined I was big time into car audio, has changed since but its ok...the name sticks with everyone i guess as Alpine.
Posted by: D Bold

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 03:44 AM

my name is Darryn Bolden aka DBOLD...works for me
Posted by: ShavedGPGT

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 03:55 AM

will = shavedgpgt

shaved came from when i was working on the gp and shaving everything lol.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 04:16 AM

ThunderBat= Timmy...aka "T-Bat"

I've been a Batman fan for a long time and always have liked his cars. The George Barris Batmobile was the only star of the original TV series IMO since the rest of the show was a joke. Thank goodness Frank Miller gave us the brooding and brutal rooftop equal opportunity butt-kicker that the last two films have showcased so well. The 1989 "Keaton Car" I think is still my fave Batmobile to date.

My 1995 Dodge Intrepid that I motored back and forth to New York every month for almost two years had the nickname "Bat-Taxi" hung on it by the young girl who is now my step-daughter. The name stuck and ever since I have wanted to own something very Batmobile-like. I have a license plate frame given to me for my birthday that says "My other car is the Batmobile" (it now resides on my PT Cruiser)

I would have loved a black C5 Corvette but I truly wanted a WS6 Trans Am...(which I think I would have called FireBat)...but the Bird has some issues with practicality and comfort and at the time was going to be my sole vehicle. When I finally bought a GP it had to be black or dark blue (black preferred) since I knew a Bat-theme was in the pipeline. GPs were still running the hi-banks of NASCAR at the time which has been called "Thunder" in many different advertising forms, so this was the image that began to form in my head...the melding of the Batmobile and the race car turned loose on the street. The ThunderBat has served me well as my daily driver and maybe someday it will see the full vision in my head come to life.
While a Vette would be sweet, they are rather commonplace and as much as I still love the T/As I dont think it would ever have the personality and unique style the T-Bat has...or has yet to achieve.

Kinda funny how the screen name was more aimed at the car instead of me. I guess nicknames stick in lots of funny places.
Posted by: 01GTshaner

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 08:52 AM

01GTshaner = Shane

self explanitory .. 01 the year of my car // gt the model / and shaner is my nickname since i was wayy young.

THought it would fit accordingly , plus people on boards just call me shaner =)
Posted by: jaybur

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 10:42 AM

Jaybur - Jeff

jaybur is my kids nickname. (jay-ber). It has been almost 6 years now, so I do not know why the nickname was even started anymore, but it stuck.!

I used to go with "stevinkonesting" it was how i pronounced a friends name when I was drunk my first time, but everyone called me "steve" so I dropped it.
Posted by: black99gtp

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 10:48 AM

black99gtp - Mark

Pretty self-explanatory, I wasn't in a very creative mood when I was picking my user name, just picked color,year,model of my gp
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 10:51 AM

20gtp02=Steve (big steve, goat, gok)
My last name is Gokey, I get it mispronounced as G-O-R-K-E-Y or G-A-U-K-E-Y all the time. When it is simple two words: Go and Key.
Got the nickname Goat back in the day.
My first ride, 92 wrangler, I got the Florida Fishing license tag with "GOATY" on it, GOAT was taken.
I do drive a 2002 GTP
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 11:12 AM

4drgt= Andrew Duff
for the most part anyone that meets me in person/close friends just call me Duff i sometimes get "Duffman" like on simpsons

but 4dr = Four Door GT because my first gp was a 4drgt Simple
Posted by: r.s.hutchinson

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 11:51 AM

r.s.hutchinson is my first 2 initials and my last name. I try to stick to one username for everything.

just call me Randall, that's my first name. or you can call me Ran, idc.
Posted by: theone2043

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 12:15 PM

names alex
theone i have used since high school not sure y just sounds cool. and 2043 was my id number when i joined my first vol fire company.
Posted by: BoostenGTP

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 12:40 PM

BoostenGTP02- Jeremy, well self explanatory as well. Boosted 2002 GP.
Posted by: 2fast4u

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 12:41 PM

2fast4u - Brad Doak
Posted by: MAC GTP

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 03:16 PM

MAC GTP = Rick McIntyre

(MAC-in-tire) get it haha

have had that nickname since birth haha
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 04:49 PM

ifitwasnt4u = Mike Harris
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 05:56 PM

ordonez1307 = Corey Smith.

Had the username on forums since I was like 12. Old baseball player that I used to watch.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 07:56 PM

Hercman = Robert

I use to go by Bob but it seems like every command I went to the workcenter I was in there were already one to two Bob's so to prevent confusion I go by Rob. Wife call's me Robert, mother calls me Bob.

The Hercman part came from being a Loadmaster on the C-130 Hercules. I have over 5,000 hours of flight time on those planes. I no longer crew on those planes I'm now on a Beachcraft Super Kingair 200.
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 10:04 PM

72chevman = Jerad

I bought a 1972 Chevelle from the original owner in 1988 when I was 18 yrs old. I still have it today after 20 years.

Posted by: snowrider900

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 10:20 PM

snowrider900 = Robert
And I go by Rob..I still have no idea how everyone thinks that if my sir name is Robert they automatically call me bob, but anyway the id came from me always wanting a 900 cc snowmobile pref a polaris
Posted by: elen0841

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 10:21 PM

elen0841 - mike
College user name for emails and logging into computers. Just seemed easier to keep the same log in
Posted by: 00grandprixgt

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 10:50 PM

00grandprixgt-karl
my car
Posted by: 4drgt

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/28/08 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 00grandprixgt:
00grandprixgt-karl
my car
like getting a hot karl
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/29/08 02:08 AM

'01 GT - Tim

Self explanitory, car is a 2001 GT. lol
Posted by: 00grandprixgt

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/29/08 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
Quote:
Originally posted by 00grandprixgt:
[b] 00grandprixgt-karl
my car
like getting a hot karl [/b]
maybe its to early but i dont get this?
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/29/08 09:27 AM

Richard Candelario-Richard A Candelario

Please call me Rick, Candy, Candy-Man, C, C-Man, Cee-Lo. I prefer Rick. The first two are takes from my last name (Cande->Candy). The last is kind of a joke by guys from one of my units. The rapper Cee-Lo was kinda short, I'm 5'2", and he had that song from the mid-90s: "I wish I was a little bit taller/I wish I was a baller/I wish I had a rabbit with a bat/In the back/Of a 6-4 Impala..."

The screen name was a mistake, I wanted Ricksgpgtcolleen, but I clicked a check box by accident. Why that screen name? Rick's G[rand] P[rix] G[rand] T[ouring] Colleen. Colleen is what I call my car.

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/29/08 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
Richard Candelario-Richard A Candelario

Please call me Rick, Candy, Candy-Man, C, C-Man, Cee-Lo.

Candy man? kooky
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/29/08 12:00 PM

yeah, something like that, Mike. Absolutely. :rolleyes: no

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/29/08 12:14 PM

Lol, I'm just givin ya a hard time! lol
Posted by: '01 GT

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/29/08 12:45 PM

lol, I personally think you should drive around Texas with that van! lol
Posted by: crimpton

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/29/08 09:14 PM

crimpton = Clint Anderson

This is a great thread. I've always posted my real name in my sig and wished everyone else did too... I just feel wierd directing my remarks and comments to a screen name.

BTW, crimpton is a family nick name that I've had since before I can remember.... Hated it as a kid but it has proved useful as a username everywhere I go.
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/29/08 09:45 PM

<--- Matt
Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/29/08 10:36 PM

Jorgs_7 = Eliott JORGensen...7 the lucky number
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/30/08 12:32 AM

I agree with Crimpton thatt this is cool thread...I guess in todays cyber world everyone is worried about privacy and identity theft, and rightfully so...but real names in a cicle of enthusiasts is big plus. When I went to Carlisle last year I knew almost everyone in the Sebring club by screen name and that was it...proved to be abit awkward.

Not wanting to start any issue or hi-jack a thread but this bring a question I have wondered about for while. "palsut" is very frequent poster and a definite GP nut to be sure...I just have to wonder what his background is because he writes the most broken english posts I've ever read (no offense intended Patrick, just curious is all)...I catch myself chuckling sometimes reading his posts as you get the visual of Tarzan talking car stuff lol

back on topic laugh
Posted by: Caesar

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/30/08 12:51 AM

caesar = Lee Szczembara. Just a screen name I came up with years ago...it just kinda stuck. My usual s/n is caesar2001 since caesar is almost always taken.
Posted by: ChrisGT

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/30/08 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I agree with Crimpton thatt this is cool thread...I guess in todays cyber world everyone is worried about privacy and identity theft, and rightfully so...but real names in a cicle of enthusiasts is big plus. When I went to Carlisle last year I knew almost everyone in the Sebring club by screen name and that was it...proved to be abit awkward.

Not wanting to start any issue or hi-jack a thread but this bring a question I have wondered about for while. "palsut" is very frequent poster and a definite GP nut to be sure...I just have to wonder what his background is because he writes the most broken english posts I've ever read (no offense intended Patrick, just curious is all)...I catch myself chuckling sometimes reading his posts as you get the visual of Tarzan talking car stuff lol

back on topic laugh
Ya I thought this post was well over due lol glad everyone some felt the same way.

Also Palsut is deaf he uses ASL. He can explain it better.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: Roll Call Name behind the user! - 12/30/08 09:30 PM

tazfootball2---> "taz"- favorite character, "football"- favorite sport, "2" favorite number

Real name - Justin Reese, but most people just call me by my last name "REESE".