What do you all think?....

Posted by: Dthreap

What do you all think?.... - 11/02/07 06:39 PM

I'm looking to get a car to work on for fun and for the summer and I found this...

Needs a new Hood Henge and a Tranny pan

Has a 327 out of a 62 corvette and the motor only has 14,000 miles...

And here are the pictures

I can get this for $2000 or I may even be able to talk him down a bit, and I got a email about my grand prix and some lady wants to come out this weekend and check it out so I'm going to give her a call and hopefully I can get about $2800+ out of my car... I may end up hold out on the monte and seeing if the guy I got the grand prix from has any good cars out again because last time he has a Chevy S-10 with a V-8, Flow Masters, and a Floor Shifter in it wink

But if I can find another grand prix with less miles and I can put what it wants into it then I'll defiantly get another one smile
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/02/07 06:50 PM

I'd pass.

Never was a fan of that body style on the Montes. Plus a motor swap with that age of motor and needs a new tranny pan? I bet it needs more then the pan I'd pass.
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/02/07 06:57 PM

What is wrong with the grand prix? I don't think it is hard to take stickers off, if that is what the issue is. LOL
I didn't see a post about getting rid of the GP.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/02/07 07:21 PM

...and a dented roof

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/02/07 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
What is wrong with the grand prix? I don't think it is hard to take stickers off, if that is what the issue is. LOL
I didn't see a post about getting rid of the GP.
Needs a new window motors and prob going to need more crap later and I don't want to put anymore money into it at the moment. I want to flip it for a small profit now instead of loosing money from it down the road.

The stickers and the color are why this one chick wants to come look at it lol

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/02/07 08:11 PM

Sounds like what 1997sagksgalklgaskl;g did. I don't see why putting money into another older car isn't different than putting money into the GPs. Makes little sense. I could only see getting an older car like the one you are looking at to restore or make a cool project out of, that is if you have the $$$ lying around.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/02/07 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tazfootball2:
...and a dented roof
Yup... pass.
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/02/07 10:00 PM

I agree with 20gtp02...money into one or the other, and I'm sure the monte will get poorer gas mileage...personal choice but not the one I'd make.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/02/07 10:30 PM

also it looks like to me that the trunk deck lid doesnt sit right... but that might just be the angle of the pic

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/03/07 12:52 AM

Well, I'd like to get a classic and restore it, but I would like to get a newer grand prix and set it up wink
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/03/07 02:24 AM

Run away..run away! Get another Grand Prix..'nuff said. wink
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/04/07 02:12 PM

i think that car would look good with...

GPX!!! on the side of it.

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/04/07 03:41 PM

jawdrop Ordonez!!

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/04/07 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
i think that car would look good with...

GPX!!! on the side of it.
Dude your right! I have to get it now!
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: What do you all think?.... - 11/04/07 11:07 PM

I think the car is alright, plus with a older car you can fix it up, but why are you trying to sell the gp for, other than the few problems as you explain, just use the gp as a daily driver until you fix the other car.