There's this box... - 02/18/09 11:42 AM

sitting on my porch or so says Fedex... darthvader

I can only guess what will keep me up tonight... devilsmile
Posted by: Blackarrow98GP

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 12:00 PM

of the contents of the box... wink
Posted by: SlickGTP

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 12:37 PM

lol Well, it'll have to wait until I get home...
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 01:03 PM

So what you're saying is you've ordered so much stuff there's no telling what came in until you can get home and open the box?

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 01:46 PM

Must be belated Valentine's Day gifts for the Diva, no doubt... cool
Posted by: jorgs_7

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 01:47 PM

horrible thread, until you tell us ! lol

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 02:00 PM

It's a Stillen intake kit for Diva. cool

Figured it be nice if she could breath better.

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
So what you're saying is you've ordered so much stuff there's no telling what came in until you can get home and open the box?
lol I wish...
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 06:05 PM

I get boxes delivered at home all the time (sometimes to my neighbor...good thing he's an honest guy) but if I'm working nights usually my wife will tell me on the phone "you got a box"

Last night I call home and she tells me this with some distress "you got a box...and its 105 pounds! what the hell is this? I told the FedEx man it MUST be for your car, so put that chit in the garage" lol

Thanks to jaybur for putting ALL FOUR Quik Struts in the same box thumbsup

Hey Rick, maybe you should call Slick EARLY in the AM...be interesting to see if he sleeps tonight. laugh
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 06:24 PM

LOL, think I should, make sure he makes it to work. Think I'll call him when I leave the house for PT, and then later when I finally get off of work to make sure he got home without passin out from a long night of flogging Diva.

So much for an even run, huh, John? Cheater. lol. Lookin forward to seeing the mod.

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 11:08 PM

G35 Stillen Intake

Preview:
[img]http://www.unknownbrewer.com/gallery2/ma..._serialNumber=2[/img]

The perception of the butt dyno says it's got a little bit more power. The ear says wowsers... eek Full throttle at higher RPM's and that sucker growls more than the Wizaired on the GP's. darthvader

Slick happy! devilsmile
Posted by: 98greenGT

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 11:21 PM

jawdrop Awesome! Vids or ban!

Oh and you'd think with all that warm weather down in Texas you could at least keep it clean! wink

Re: There's this box... - 02/18/09 11:31 PM

lol It rained 5 seconds after I washed her and continued to do so off and on for the next two days. I won't have a chance to wash her again until Sunday.
Posted by: StreetShaker

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 12:44 AM

Wow! That looks really nice. I really like that design! Wonder how hard it would bo to retrofit one on a GTP.... hmmm the wheels they turn.....!

Ya know, Slick, thanks to you Im growing somewhat fond of the G35's. Yours more than any, and that has to do more with the man behind the wheel of the machine.
Posted by: Acefighter

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 05:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 98greenGT:
lol

Plus, like Slick said, it rains all the time - it's impossible to keep our cars clean.

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 01:01 PM

StreetShaker: Thanks for the compliments! I don't know about retrofitting this one to the grand prix, but it does give one ideas on how to better make one for the grand prix. The 'box' on this one is a molded rubberized plastic of some sort. It was made to fit in the same spot as the stock air box and take advantage of the better parts of the stock design and improve on the not so well designed parts.
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 01:06 PM

And it all started with clear side markers...
Posted by: 20gtp02

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 02:16 PM

Doesn't take much!
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 02:23 PM

I started with a license plate frame. crazy

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 03:52 PM

I took my license plate frame off. Granted it was the plastic one from the dealer. Does that count? lol

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 04:26 PM

The next mods: 10ft wing & NOS stickers.

lol

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 04:54 PM

NISMO!!!
Posted by: palsut

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 05:09 PM

Look nice. I like that engine cover. Not bad.

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
The next mods: 10ft wing & NOS stickers.

hammer

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 05:41 PM

tryin to deny, are ya? cannot deny that which you were always meant to become. A Ricer. ricer.

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 08:30 PM

Do I have to remind you what lives in my garage that will one day help me relive the glory days of Detroit Steel? Hmmm?!?!

That hunk of iron when I'm done will smoke Shianne and make her pout for a week. wink

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 08:55 PM

Nice intake, Slick...this was the car you weren't going to mod, correct? Just checkin'... wink hammer

Re: There's this box... - 02/19/09 09:45 PM

lol yeah, this was the car I WAS going to try and not mod. banghead

Re: There's this box... - 02/20/09 09:04 AM

that hunk of iron, steel, and aluminum wont have a chance to smoke the life outta Shianne. I already told you that you will be giving that turn-key BBC to me once it's completed and built. What a swell guy you are.

Re: There's this box... - 02/20/09 09:15 AM

lol

sure... that's a mighty fine fantasy there. laugh

Re: There's this box... - 02/20/09 02:27 PM

I sure tend to think so. Problem is that fantasies never come true, you giving me the BBC will come true. cheers

Re: There's this box... - 02/20/09 03:34 PM

Vid w/sound

It's more impressive in person and when you have more breathing room. banghead

Oh, yeah... It's huge as I haven't edited it or anything. 150MB...

Re: There's this box... - 02/20/09 03:34 PM

Sure Rick... You keep telling yourself that. lol

Re: There's this box... - 02/20/09 04:56 PM

Oooooo....aint that a fancy Nav screen in that ricer! j/k Slick, it does sound pretty darn good and I'm sure you can make it talk w/that manual gearbox.

While we're on the subject of fantasies Rick, right after I win some lotto money, Slick will be shipping that Big Block to Richmond VA (after I pay him handsomely for it) to be installed in my GP being converted to RWD...427inches to provide a heartbeat for the "ThunderBat from Hell!"

Re: There's this box... - 02/20/09 05:00 PM

Hell TBat, you pay me to come out install it and let me have unlimited driving privs and I'll give you the engine. :p

Re: There's this box... - 02/21/09 07:25 AM

I dont know about that "unlimited" driving privilige thing....I dont ever remember Batman letting Robin drive lol

it would be a ground-shaker tho eek

maybe a C5 Vette transaxle out back?

Re: There's this box... - 02/21/09 10:51 AM

ROFL!!! you two...'specially the Robin reference!

I KNOW you'll lose the bid on who'll be given the engine. You need a LOT of fab work, that thing'll almost drop right into the Camaro. I win.

That NAV system IS pretty sweet, once you get a good, COMPLETE address. Pretty much as accurate as a cell phone NAV.

Waiting to load the vid, I'll edit once viewed.

Tim, when'd you put the sillhoutte of Batman in your sig pic? That was startling.

EDIT: Sounds kinda like a GP, sorta. Cant wait to hear and see the CAI. Good buy, good vid. Thought you had isolated the cam mounts?

Re: There's this box... - 02/21/09 05:04 PM

that image on the wall behind has been there all along...details my friend,details laugh

Your install might be easier...but in my ride his engine goes down in history (as well as probably getting magazine spread)...in yours, let me see how can I it put this eloquently...

"Slick, come forth and cast your big block into the sea of F-bodys...like a penny cast into a fountain the size of Lake Erie, and take solace in the fact that among all of that copper you see on the bottom of the fountain,that somewhere, your penny is there as part of greater whole."
(aint that just so Zen?)

OR you can park it under the hood of this sleek black cruise missle that sends ricers and hybrids to change their shorts, that strikes fear into the hearts of street racer punks and even the musclecar faithful bow down with respect (all the while parents take small children out of their yards when they hear the "Thunder Roll")
The flared fenders strain to reach over the enormous Foose wheels while the pounding of the full 3 inch exhaust makes car alarms wince in pain. When the moon rises, let the so called exotic cars beware, for even the raging bull and the prancing horse shall fear the Shadow of the Bat!

(Ooooo...I got chills just thinkin about it) lol

Re: There's this box... - 02/21/09 05:59 PM

Very eloquent, my good man. But my car needs cool points. I WIN!!!

Tim, I read pretty much the entire thread to my wife, she was laughin pretty much all the way through. Then I got to your monologue on beef and glue (ya know, horse hooves), and she got to laughing. At me. Then she said that we're gonna force John to give the engine to someone else, like Bobby, say, just for spite. Or even worse, keep it. Back down now and lets not ruin it for the both of us. I can still work on him from here. I promise, after I turn my chassis into a pretzel, I'll GIVE you the mill. Promise. Trust me, I'm a Recruiter.

Re: There's this box... - 02/21/09 06:44 PM

ROFLMAO... darthvader

Remember, the dark side has cookies. devilgrin

Re: There's this box... - 02/21/09 06:57 PM

LOL, yeah, we sure did...and they were good. You're outta luck, though. Mark ate 'em all, and Jim forgot to go to Food Lion this morning.

Re: There's this box... - 02/21/09 09:15 PM

"promise...trust me...I'm a recruiter"

this sounds suspiciously like another saying I heard once...

"trust me...I'm your agent"

Ya know how they say "screw you" in Hollywood?

"trust me"

I dont know if the military is like Hollywood confused

But one thing is for certain...that 427 beast will turn your chassis into pretzel laugh

But if there are cookies involved, THIS MEANS WAR hammer

Re: There's this box... - 02/22/09 06:12 AM

This topic is awesomeness... lol

Re: There's this box... - 02/22/09 06:52 PM

I would be so envious of you TBat, if you were able to pull that off. I would pay my way up there to help you with that build. smile

Re: There's this box... - 02/22/09 08:11 PM

BTW: it's the LS9 that's in the ZR-1. LS-7 is yet another BBC. But no one ever said you couldnt put a Weiand 6-71 or 8-71 blower on top of that...

So you back outta the race for the 427 in Slick's stables? I knew you'd see it my way. So, as per my previous answer, once John's done building it, I'll stuff that into Shianne, turn her into a cinnamon roll, then hand it over to you. Yo, John! You're gonna hafta get a whole bunch more boxes on your doorstep, and you're gonna hafta make it soon!

Re: There's this box... - 02/22/09 09:53 PM

I stand partially corrected...the LS-7 is a big block...but the LS7 is a 505hp small block found in the Corvette Z06, not the ZR-1.

check it out...

http://corvettemuseum.com/specs/2006/LS7.shtml

Re: There's this box... - 02/23/09 09:28 AM

There's a difference between LS7 and LS-7? Wow. And the ZR-1 does have the LS-9, which is blown, right? I cant chase that link right now.

Re: There's this box... - 02/23/09 11:51 AM

The ZR1 has an LS9 engine which is blown. The LS7 is the largest displacement small block that GM made squeezing 7.0 liters into a small frame. The LS9 is a 6.2 liter engine that GM managed to squeeze over 100hp per liter.

Re: There's this box... - 02/24/09 12:22 AM

would love to turn my car over to these guys...and they are pretty much local...just west of Richmond about 10 min drive...check out the gallery

http://www.pagecustoms.com/