Would you guys be interested?

Posted by: Dthreap

Would you guys be interested? - 06/27/08 01:25 PM

Found a Dark Green 1997 GTP for $800 on craigslist, was thinking about maybe buying it and taking what I want and putting it in my gt and parting out the rest.

Engine - 140k
Trans - 140k
Tranny is slipping

Not sure if I'll do it or now, but wanted to know if you guys would be interested in anything, how much you'd pay for it, and then if I have enough people interested i'll get it....

Anyway off to work, i'll be back around midnight frown
Posted by: RooK

Re: Would you guys be interested? - 06/27/08 02:10 PM

$800 is a good price if the engine is in working order and no other major issues besides the trans. You could still part things out and have the cash back in no time.

Re: Would you guys be interested? - 06/27/08 11:47 PM

Thats what I'm thinking about doing, might take a small loan out (since im broke) and get the car then take what I want and part it out then easy pay back the loan and build credit in the process.

But what I would like to know is, is anyone interested in any parts that way I have a rough idea of what I can get rid of if I get it.

Thanks.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: Would you guys be interested? - 06/28/08 12:02 AM

I would buy the PCM, but 97's aren't compatible with anything but '97s. frown
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Would you guys be interested? - 06/29/08 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
I would buy the PCM, but 97's aren't compatible with anything but '97s. frown
I have a couple extra PCMs around if you're looking to buy one for cheap.

I'm waiting to hear back on the $800 GTP ;-)
Depending on the body condition, I don't think it should be parted out... I can replace the transmission and have a good working GTP around.
Posted by: Zalfrin

Re: Would you guys be interested? - 06/29/08 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
Tried to PM you to keep from crapping on this thread, but your inbox is full. wink If you happen to have model year 98/99/some-00 PCMs, let me know, '01s aren't compatible. Number is 09361735, or 16236757.

Re: Would you guys be interested? - 06/29/08 09:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
[b] I would buy the PCM, but 97's aren't compatible with anything but '97s. frown

I'm waiting to hear back on the $800 GTP ;-)
Depending on the body condition, I don't think it should be parted out... I can replace the transmission and have a good working GTP around. [/b]
Are you one of the people he said has also contacted him? If so thats just lowwww!

HE told me that it's getting really rusty :p
Posted by: Dre da GP man

Re: Would you guys be interested? - 06/29/08 11:59 PM

I'll take the passenger side mirror if you get the car.
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Would you guys be interested? - 06/30/08 12:12 AM

If you really want it and have use for it, then take it. I had something come up tomorow night anyway so I can't go see/buy it till Tuesday... so get it before I do lol.

Re: Would you guys be interested? - 06/30/08 12:49 PM

Quote:
If you really want it and have use for it, then take it. I had something come up tomorow night anyway so I can't go see/buy it till Tuesday... so get it before I do lol.
Well you'll probably beat me to it since I have work in 2 hours and don't have the moeny yet frown
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: Would you guys be interested? - 06/30/08 04:49 PM

is the interior black leather?

Re: Would you guys be interested? - 07/01/08 12:47 AM

Not sure, haven't had pics or been able to go see it.