STS-128 space shuttle launch photos

Posted by: zuulmusic

STS-128 space shuttle launch photos - 09/02/09 03:19 AM

I had to go see a launch before the program ends, especially a night launch!

It was supposed to go up Tuesday, Aug 25th around 1:50 AM but they scrubbed it last minute due to weather. Then the next day they had valve trouble, which delayed it another 3 days till Friday night at 11:59 PM. I was still in town so I got to see it after all.

The photos are the 2nd closest you can get, about 6-7 miles away from the pad and behind a treeline. The closest tickets are almost impossible to get, and are only 1 miles closer, but have a clear view of the pad.

[Florida trip also consisted of lots of beach time, drinking, good eating, kayaking, boating, and more]

Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: STS-128 space shuttle launch photos - 09/02/09 03:19 AM

Posted by: Acefighter

Re: STS-128 space shuttle launch photos - 09/02/09 03:32 AM

Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm a little jealous. smile
Posted by: UMfan

Re: STS-128 space shuttle launch photos - 09/02/09 02:28 PM

Awesome. Wish I could see one before they stop. frown
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: STS-128 space shuttle launch photos - 09/02/09 02:43 PM

Didn't even know you made it down here. I'm glad you got to see it, it is pretty amazing. We can usually see them over here on the other coast.
Posted by: 72chevman

Re: STS-128 space shuttle launch photos - 09/02/09 05:40 PM

I've seen it land at Edwards AFB, but I've never seen a launch. I missed it too, because it was delayed due to weather. If you have the NASA channel on Cable TV, they broadcast the entire mission.
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: STS-128 space shuttle launch photos - 09/02/09 08:31 PM

I've seen 3 night re-entries.
They're awesome.
The last Hubble mission was my last chance to see a re-entry, it got cancelled due to weather and my chance was gone. The shuttle ended up going to CA instead of FL
Posted by: jlindahl2571

Re: STS-128 space shuttle launch photos - 09/03/09 11:39 PM

Yeah night launches are awesome, I saw one a couple years ago when I was down in Florida..

It's incredible how it makes it look like day time when it starts going up and the sound reaches you so much later.