How do I post up a write up

Posted by: 20gtp02

How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 12:40 PM

How or where can I post up write ups? Something that allows for links to pics or whatever. Like clubgps how to section.
I don't want to pay fees either.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 12:43 PM

nope. here, follow this link: http://www.grandprix.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007648#000000

thats pretty much how write ups are done here. be sure to include keywords. No designated sections, no fees. just pure and simple help.

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 12:53 PM

Yah, I know, but I would like site that I can use. Like clubgp. Maybe I can submit it to the how to section and it will get accepted!
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 01:09 PM

We need a "tech artical" or "write-up" section here.... but more then likely will never happen

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 02:00 PM

Can we do text colors? I am doing it in Word and would like it to look like what is in Word.
Posted by: RooK

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 02:07 PM

20gtp02, you make something nice in html, I'll host it on my site. OK?

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 02:08 PM

Just save it in HTML?

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 02:09 PM

What are you writing it in? If you make an .html file I can just host it on my website.

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 02:12 PM

Um...Just typing up the writeup in Word. I need figure out if I can post pics on it or post the links to pics.

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 02:14 PM

I've never written documents in word for html. But, you can place the images directly in the document, no need for links.
Posted by: HercMan(Rob)

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 02:14 PM

Unfortunately we cannot add new sections to the site. But what we could do is a thread specifically for write ups. We can sticky it. We can do one of two things with it. The author submits the write up to one of the Mods for insertion (with proper credit of course)so the thread isn't blasted with replys and stays write ups only or leave it open and the Mods delete any posts that aren't write ups.

Given our limited tech support that's the best we can do.

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 02:47 PM

Alright Jon. I downloaded a free program and working on the html coding along with learning something new, html!

EDITED:Wow, this is fun with the HTML!
Posted by: ifitwasnt4u

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Unfortunately we cannot add new sections to the site. But what we could do is a thread specifically for write ups. We can sticky it. We can do one of two things with it. The author submits the write up to one of the Mods for insertion (with proper credit of course)so the thread isn't blasted with replys and stays write ups only or leave it open and the Mods delete any posts that aren't write ups.

Given our limited tech support that's the best we can do.
I think we should do that, we have allot of writeups out there and will be good to have them in one place with the links to the original threads for the ones already out there
Posted by: ordonez1307

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 06:15 PM

Do we really need a sticky?

People can just search if they really need to see it that bad

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 06:22 PM

I really like CGP's how-to thread. It puts things there for easy reference and I even got to see some mods I never would have thought of thanks to them all being listed together.
Posted by: tazfootball2

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Do we really need a sticky?

People can just search if they really need to see it that bad
You got BEEF with the stickies? j/p

No, but I think we should have a sticky/thread for write-ups and DIY mods. I understand Herc has a section on his website, but it could be expanded.

ALSO: Pics with the write-ups make it so much easier to see what exactly what you should be looking at and how to do it.
Posted by: Richard Candelario

Re: How do I post up a write up - 03/12/08 07:47 PM

I agree with the sticky. sides, most folks dont even know where the search function is, much less how to use it. Case in point: someone recently asked, again, how to do something with the rear hubs. I posted that like a year ago. What about the link from today? that was just an example.

The daunting task for our fearless mods would be to run through and find all the write ups that dont have keywords within the text.