Hey anyone from Texas

Posted by: Dementeddj

Hey anyone from Texas - 08/08/05 11:34 PM

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone that lives in the Waco area could give me some info regarding a place in town (I think). If anybody is willing, PM me or reply to this and let me know. If not, no big deal. Thanks!!
Posted by: jeremy

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/09/05 12:45 AM

yeah im from the waco area anything i can help you with?
Posted by: AustinGTP

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/09/05 08:31 AM

Are you coming to TX?
Posted by: zuulmusic

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/09/05 10:31 AM

yes we have a lot of wacos on this board laugh

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/09/05 12:17 PM

lol
Posted by: framos242

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/09/05 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
yes we have a lot of wacos on this board laugh
LMAO!!!
Posted by: Arcxnus

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/09/05 01:55 PM

It's actually pronounced Way-ko. I know it looks odd, and even people here make that joke. :p
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/09/05 04:53 PM

I've been to Waco...my wife tells me that everyday! crazy lol lol

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/09/05 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I've been to Waco...my wife tells me that everyday! crazy devilgrin

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/09/05 07:15 PM

Bobby,

I'm thinking about it. We're opening up the existing facility to mass produce excavator buckets that we currently make here, and I've been thinking that a change might do me good with everything. I was just looking at some things and was wondering about where it was, so that if I decide to look into it seriously, that I would know where to look for housing, etc.

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/09/05 07:57 PM

Well, if you decide to move here, you'll have the chance to drive your car around TMS twice a year for Laps for Charity, and ACS (Alamo City Shootout) in late Jan/early Feb.
TX has lakes everywhere if you're a water person, not to mention 2 great places to go to the beach, Galveston area (Cyrstal Beach) and Corpus Christs area (Port Aransas).
If you're a hunter, the hill country will take care of those urges.

As for the down side... the heat can get unbareable at times. It's really more the humidity than the heat, but the winters are only 3 weeks long.

Good luck!

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/10/05 01:31 AM

so why is housing so fricking cheap there??
Posted by: Chico

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/10/05 05:53 AM

I think the FBI did a little to help with housing costs in Waco (come out or we'll burn you out) just kidding .Chico.

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/10/05 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dementeddj:
so why is housing so fricking cheap there??
Can't answer that, Austin is horrible.

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/10/05 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
I think the FBI did a little to help with housing costs in Waco (come out or we'll burn you out) just kidding .Chico.
lol

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/10/05 01:14 PM

We have a community college around here; I dunno, that might have a little bit to do with it. :x It's just relatively cheap to live here, I'm not sure why.

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/10/05 05:50 PM

Bobby/Arcxnus:

the only reason I ask is cause the same house that is 80,000 there would go for upwards of 275,000 here. I wasn't expecting to see it so damn cheap.
Posted by: Eric Plent

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/11/05 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dementeddj:
Bobby/Arcxnus:

the only reason I ask is cause the same house that is 80,000 there would go for upwards of 275,000 here. I wasn't expecting to see it so damn cheap.
And that same house would be over $500k over here.... no wonder I still live in a 1 bedroom apartment! banghead
Posted by: ThunderBat

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/24/05 05:54 PM

if housing is any indication, it may be due to the job market and local economy. I bought my house for $102k, but the same house on the west end of Richmond would easily be $80k higher(only a 30min drive away)...and on Staten Island where my wife used to live it would be worth half a mil!
I think jobs and school systems dictate a lot about housing value.
Posted by: nad

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/26/05 12:57 AM

Everybody and their mothers have GP's in Waco!

Re: Hey anyone from Texas - 08/26/05 06:02 PM

You normally don't see too many but the past few days have been GP heaven in Waco for some reason. It's probably because I left for college and it's safe for them to come out. laugh