Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#109033 - 02/15/08 10:27 AM What are ALL the things a front O2 sensor can affect?
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Remember my "surging" problem from a ways back? Kinda felt like the tranny was slipping and then not slipping and all around felt very bad?

Well, if anyone remembers, unplugging the O2 sensor fixed that problem. We have replaced the O2 sensor 2 times, and the extension harness 2 times and the exhaust is perfectly sealed now.

When I got my car back yesterday, they had plugged the O2 sensor back in. I thought it wouldn't be a problem.

Well, once I got her on the road, I had to stop and pull over a block away and unplug that sensor again because she ran TERRIBLE.

She would have power then it would fade almost completely and bog down until the just about the point of stalling, then recover, then try to bog down and stall, etc.

So I pulled the sensor and she runs fine.

But the problem is, with the new injectors, I had to reset my fuel trims and now the car is throwing codes at me.

Po134 IIRC, o2 sensor no signal and PO172 System Too Rich.

Now the rich one is their fault for STARTING THE CAR BEFORE I TUNED FOR NEW INJECTORS! So I had IFR tables of 207ms/g when they should have been in the 170ms/g range.

SO! What are ALL the things an O2 sensor can affect?

Zuul, I may still need that PCM from you afterall...

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#109034 - 02/15/08 10:42 AM Re: What are ALL the things a front O2 sensor can affect?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
It affects the fuel tables.

Didn't you have wiring issues with it before melting on the exhaust and other such. Did you ever get a complete new harness for it or is it still all spliced together?
#109035 - 02/15/08 10:45 AM Re: What are ALL the things a front O2 sensor can affect?
swalve Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
The o2 sensor monitors the fuel air mixture, and the computer adjusts the injector pulses in response that signal to keep the mixture in the desired sweet spot.

So, anything that can be affected by an improper mixture.
#109036 - 02/15/08 05:42 PM Re: What are ALL the things a front O2 sensor can affect?
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
The car will run like crap without it. I bet this is why the car is dying. get a new PCM.