Page 8 of 27 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#128013 - 08/19/04 08:22 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Whatever I never thought i would say this but eveyrone is repeating therselves. it wouldnt be that hard to stick a v8 in the grand prix.......trust me its just not that hard for a compandy to do that (move a v8 in) geezass
#128014 - 08/19/04 10:17 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
digital-d Offline
Loc: New York
If they produce an 8-cyl GP they would raise the price on the '05 GTO which they probibly will because of the new more powerful LS2 engine and some new options that are being added to the small list.
#128015 - 08/19/04 11:20 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
jvojr Offline
Loc: Catskills, NY
Quote:
Not true! The GA is higher on the auto theft list than the GP and someone tried breaking into mine last year at my nursing home job.
They stole my wife's front rim and tire and left it on bricks. That's when we lived in queens.
Try this link for the G6.
http://www.cardesignnews.com/autoshows/2003/detroit/highlights/h13-pontiac-g6.html
Or just do a search on G6 concept car. There's a bunch of them.
Jack

Traded in. 2003 GTP. Every option but HUD. New Mods: Wizaired CAI, SLP Headers, Cat, U-bend and Downpipe, 3.2 Modular Pulley, Phase 3 rollers w/OR Pushrods, Larger Belt Tensioner Pulley, Gatorback, AL103's, 180 Degree Stat, DHP
#128016 - 08/19/04 11:44 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
zachd Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by digital-d:
If they produce an 8-cyl GP they would raise the price on the '05 GTO which they probibly will because of the new more powerful LS2 engine and some new options that are being added to the small list.
The LS2 engine alone will not raise the price of the GTO. Look at the c6 you get a all new car and new motor for less money??? I dont think it will make that big of a difference but you never know.
#128017 - 08/19/04 11:47 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
zachd Offline
Okay i read that lil tid bit in the link jack and combining DOD and Supercharged wow thats fucked up sorry it is.........obvious it must of been becuase it didnt make the cut did it?
#128018 - 08/20/04 12:06 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
digital-d Offline
Loc: New York
I would think the combination of a supercharger and DOD would lead to some problems.
#128019 - 08/20/04 12:49 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
quote:
So why bother with a more powerful V8, its just smoke and marketing mirrors. Look at the bonnie GXP, great looking car, inside and out IMO, but I would much rather pay a few $1,000 LESS for a Hemi 300c that will spank its ass.

The Current GTP is already $30k+ loaded, where is the price going to go if they shoehorn a V8 in it. More than the GTO? Again why bother.

devilgrin But on a more positive note, I'm probably going to start modding my 98 GTP hammer
#128020 - 08/20/04 08:14 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
The G6 will NOT have TapShift® . It has the silly "manual" mode on the shifter. Where you push it off to the right and move it up and down to shift - up and down.

AND ADAM S.
DUDE; I AM LOOKING AT THE FACTS! The GA GT stops the same as the GP. AND the GA has the same lateral force but goes thru the course slower...so how is that handling and breaking better even though it is smaller?? HUH HUH HUH? It is just hands down not as good of a car as the GP - and neither will the G6. YES FACTS.
#128021 - 08/20/04 08:57 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
Quote:
Originally posted by 4 T 8 states:
yeah it is, but it also is about to reach the 100 post. ive only found one other and that was the opic of "running premium in your gtp" by cometstorm, and it had 104 post.

hey BlownPrix you throwing a hurricane party? (burp) let me open another icehouse.. cheers cheers hammer just to get the helloutta tampa cool
one hundred and thirteen and still counting...
hammer
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#128022 - 08/20/04 11:57 AM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Congratulations for the one who post this, it means ME!

Alex cheers

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#128023 - 08/20/04 12:38 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
Congratulations for the one who post this, it means ME!

Alex cheers
cheers hammer you are the man alex
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#128024 - 08/20/04 12:47 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
why2kmax Offline
Loc: Bel Air Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Jizz:
DUDE; I AM LOOKING AT THE FACTS! The GA GT stops the same as the GP. AND the GA has the same lateral force but goes thru the course slower...so how is that handling and breaking better even though it is smaller?? HUH HUH HUH? It is just hands down not as good of a car as the GP - and neither will the G6. YES FACTS.
Jizz, whered you get the numbers for comparison?
#128025 - 08/20/04 01:06 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
Will have to wait till I get home. The links are on my home PC. The GTO the GA and the GP all pushed the same Gs thru the corse but in order of speed it went
GTO
GP
GA

Yes I understand force, inertia, physics etc... but just because a care is smaller or lighter does not mean much vs. suspension and tires.. and the GA does not have a better suspension than the GP. kooky

This is now starting to bore me.

A vette is nearly as long and as tall as the GA but weighs more than a GA -- so the GA must handle better. :rolleyes:
#128026 - 08/20/04 01:13 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Enough all ready.
#128027 - 08/20/04 01:45 PM Re: Grand Am/G6 VS Grand Prix
Adam S. Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, Wi
Shit, the damn rental Alero I had all last week handled better than my car does. Hey, man, there's much more to handling than what the G numbers, etc. show on the skid pad. Does the car understeer? Oversteer? Does it feel balanced? Is the steering ratio quicker? Handling is more measured by feel rather than what numbers show. It's obviously a dead end issue with you; the fact is that if you can't see by driving the two cars side by side that the GA does handle slightly better and have more responsive predictable braking and feel, then you might as well just see what kind of incentives the new Rendevous' have on them. Also, the damn Vette is a totally different car than a GA or GP. If you haven't seen one lately, it's a rigid, 2 door coupe, with a super light, strong frame, huge brakes, rear mounted transmission, quick steering, etc. I'm saying that when taking two cars that are of similar type, the one that's smaller and lighter is going to have an advantage in overall performance; that's kind of a general rule of thumb, and of course doesn't apply to every two cars on the market. A Vette has it's own platform and Vette-only everything else, designed for performance, only for the Vette. Not to downgrade a GP, but keep in mind it's on the same "universal" platform as Buick and other divisions use, just with stiffer suspension. And finally, how can you say that the G6 wont handle as well? Have you secretly driven one already? Who knows if it will or not, you'd have to drive one and see. If you're going off of skidpad numbers alone, I'm sure you'll notice that almost all cars in similar categories score almost the same on the skid test; there's rarely a huge difference. You're already judging the G6 because it's not a GP.
Page 8 of 27 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26 27 >