Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#13267 - 01/05/03 02:06 PM Re: Engine tear down--now what?
gary Offline
Loc: San Diego
Jeeze Kerry. You've got too much energy. Tearing an engine apart because one of the cylinders wasn't working, and another was intermittant!!!! I usta do stuff like that too. But, as I've gotten older, my level of energy has declined and (more to the point) I've gotten lazier. Lazy can be good sometimes. I've elevated lazy to way of life. I've known for a long time to ALWAYS look for the easiest solution first (for example, years ago in the days of leaded gasoline almost ALL ignition or seemingly fuel related problems could be fixed by changing the spark plugs - didn't matter if you'd just done it 2K miles ago, do it again).

If you had mechanical problems with your engine, youda heard it as a clunk, click, bang or knock. Your diagnostic approach was great (swapping injectors) to eliminate that as a cause, but you're right when you say that only proved the injector was good, not that it was injecting. But, tearing the heads off was a pretty big leap. I too will be very interested in hearing what you ultimately determine the problem to be.

Regards, Gary in Sandy Eggo

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Engine tear down--now what? Kerry 12/27/02 11:52 PM
Re: Engine tear down--now what? crimpton 12/28/02 12:09 AM
Re: Engine tear down--now what? Paul Jerkatis 12/28/02 04:19 PM
Re: Engine tear down--now what? Kerry 01/02/03 09:28 PM
Re: Engine tear down--now what? gary 01/05/03 02:06 PM
Re: Engine tear down--now what? Kerry 01/13/03 02:32 AM