Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy1307:
Jeebus... nine grand on each car? For that you should easily be in the 11's
x2. you could seriously go into the 10s with 9g's
#14133 - 08/29/07 04:58 PM Re: help me on this one
redgtman Offline
Loc: fort wayne, in
yea im bout to be e-4 in bout a month and im gettin bah cuz i gotta kid so thats seperation pay too and the only bill i have is my cell phone so all the money im gettin will be saved for me and my brother. but i have 15 months to actually think about all the stuff i wanna do to them but i deff want to turbo the gt and blow up the gtp and what tranny shall be good for both cars? and would 20's on the wheels be bad for all that power and what would it do if they were 20's?
#14134 - 08/29/07 05:44 PM Re: help me on this one
ordonez1307 Offline
20's would be bad. very bad. And they would kill a lot of that power that you are creating.

A good tranny would be a fully built ZZP race one
#14135 - 08/29/07 06:36 PM Re: help me on this one
redgtman Offline
Loc: fort wayne, in
i looked on zzperformance.com and all i saw was the hd one.
#14136 - 08/29/07 09:43 PM Re: help me on this one
ordonez1307 Offline
did you actually read the hd one?
http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=150&catid=105

look at all the hard parts that you can get.
#14137 - 08/29/07 09:53 PM Re: help me on this one
Richard Candelario Offline
I didnt realize you had a kid. Dude, lemme tell ya: as a 5(P), I really shouldnt have spent like I did when I was married with one kid. If'n I saved like I shoulda, I wouldnt have had to reup because of savings. Now I got 2 kids. In order to get out, I would need ATLEAST 6 months base pay saved.

Had I saved/invested (as Nunrush suggested), I would be fat, dumber, and happy as a civilian.

My personal advice, as much as I like spending someone else's money, and as much as I wanted to spend upon returning to the States; it would behoove you to not spend so much on the rides. Let your brother buy his own gear. He'll be aiight. save and invest. Limit spending to about 4 or 5 large on the sled.

Let the savings simmer a bit, then live the good life, whatever that may be. SAVE AND INVEST. SAVE AND INVEST. SAVE AND INVEST.

I dont wanna sound condescending, and I apologize that I do sound that way, but I really wanna lead ya down the right path by settin ya up for success (I would be remiss in my duties and obligations as an NCO if I didnt). All this, in the end, is your decision, do as you please, but please be aware of the possible negative outcomes.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#14138 - 08/29/07 10:25 PM Re: help me on this one
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
I didnt realize you had a kid. Dude, lemme tell ya: as a 5(P), I really shouldnt have spent like I did when I was married with one kid. If'n I saved like I shoulda, I wouldnt have had to reup because of savings. Now I got 2 kids. In order to get out, I would need ATLEAST 6 months base pay saved.

Had I saved/invested (as Nunrush suggested), I would be fat, dumber, and happy as a civilian.

My personal advice, as much as I like spending someone else's money, and as much as I wanted to spend upon returning to the States; it would behoove you to not spend so much on the rides. Let your brother buy his own gear. He'll be aiight. save and invest. Limit spending to about 4 or 5 large on the sled.

Let the savings simmer a bit, then live the good life, whatever that may be. SAVE AND INVEST. SAVE AND INVEST. SAVE AND INVEST.

I dont wanna sound condescending, and I apologize that I do sound that way, but I really wanna lead ya down the right path by settin ya up for success (I would be remiss in my duties and obligations as an NCO if I didnt). All this, in the end, is your decision, do as you please, but please be aware of the possible negative outcomes.
X2