Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#14292 - 01/12/05 10:42 AM Re: Headlight Bulbs
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by InitialDGP:
Anyone have experience with those ungodly expensive PIAA Super Whites on pfyc? theyre like 80 bucks for a set of 2, some friends of mine have had bad experiences with the silverstars but I am looking to upgrade my light so I dont have to take my hl covers off at night
Try Ebay for lower prices? What kind of bad experiences??? Let us know.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#14293 - 01/12/05 02:34 PM Re: Headlight Bulbs
Trob78 Offline
Loc: Iowa
What is the main difference between cool blues and just silverstar bulbs
#14294 - 01/12/05 02:50 PM Re: Headlight Bulbs
Trob78 Offline
nvm i found out......how much better are the silverstars than the cool blues and do they have differnt look or are silverstarts just brighter
#14295 - 01/12/05 06:20 PM Re: Headlight Bulbs
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Silverstars are whiter, not brighter.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#14296 - 01/12/05 06:26 PM Re: Headlight Bulbs
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
If you ask me neither one are that great but given a choice I'd go with the silverstars vs. the cool blue ,the name cool blue is just an advertizing gimic if you ask me.
#14297 - 01/16/05 04:56 PM Re: Headlight Bulbs
Trob78 Offline
If you dont think those are that good what do you think is good.....is there any lights that i can get that look like the bmw lights without getting hid's
#14298 - 01/16/05 08:37 PM Re: Headlight Bulbs
Bryan R Offline
Loc: Portland
Quote:
Originally posted by Trob78:
If you dont think those are that good what do you think is good.....is there any lights that i can get that look like the bmw lights without getting hid's
Honestly, no... When I first got my GTP back in 98, I bought the Solaris Ultrawhite bulbs for $99. (PIAA didn't make 9007 at the time). I couldn't see where I was going. I probably have pics of the bulbs somewhere. The coating on the bulb was so dark, it's a miracle any light got through it. I remember I was able to sit in front of the headlights, and stare into the headlight reflector without blinding myself. That's when I knew it was garbage.

Then I tried Cool Blues. Looked cool, but still didn't do anything as far as visibility is concerned. I also tried PIAAs for 80 bucks. They were higher wattage too. They burned out after like 3 months.

I then decided to drop the $500 and buy the Cats HID upgrade kit,and I haven't looked back since.I don't even need to use my fogs anymore. Granted they still suck compared to the factory HIDs on my other cars, (heck, even the stock headlights on my Grand Am were better), but it's a billion times improvement over stock. I think the real solution would be to get projectors... I wonder if the headlight assembly of the GTO can be massaged to fit. They look somewhat like the right proportions.

But if you are talking what the lights look like, as oppose to actual visibility... Then the answer is still no. The reason BMW lights look bluish/purple, is not because they have some special type of HID or bulb. It's caused by refraction when you look at the projectors from head on.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3