Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#155426 - 02/13/08 11:49 PM Need help about credit. Long story
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well my friend has a cell phone by ATT and he had to use my sister to get the phone because his credit is bad. Well he got into an accident back in september and he was not able to work so he called the ATT to let them know that he won't be able to pay because he don't have a job right now and ATT said okay thats fine. Well January he gets to working again and told ATT that he could pay the 277 to get the phone on by febuary 15 of this month but my sister got her credit report yesterday and said they said its on her credit report but the guy already made arrangements to pay the account off. So he calls ATT today to see why they lied and basically since they send the bill through the credit beareau people, att has no control over the bill and they gave him the number to the credit place.

So will he be able to get the bill paid off and they could remove that off my sisters credit because shes trying to buy a house in april/may.

Now ATT cut his service off and they won't let him turn it on again and he has to pay the 277 he owns plus the termination fee which is like 177. But att lied and said that the he could pay it on the 15 and he could still use the phone.
#155427 - 02/14/08 12:02 AM Re: Need help about credit. Long story
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Does he have any proof that AT&T lied? like an e-mail or anything...

if not, its gonna be tough to prove that they did indeed lie

Im pretty sure that if he just pays it off it should fix the problem, but i could be way off
#155428 - 02/14/08 12:10 AM Re: Need help about credit. Long story
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well he knows the lady first name that he talked to but no the last name, but when he talked to her, he told me she said that she would make a note in the system that he called and set up a arrangement to pay it off.

But I told him if you just pay it off buy end of february, no later then middle of march. That it would come of her credit before she buys her house in april/may. I really think if he pays it off that the people will take it right off.
#155429 - 02/14/08 12:58 AM Re: Need help about credit. Long story
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Your sister needs to pay that AT&T bill ASAP before it makes her credit score worse.

She can hash out the details with your friend and/or take him to court later to recoup the costs.

The longer she lets it sit out there waiting for your buddy, the lower her score is getting.

NEVER let someone use your credit. If they have bad credit, that's a sign that they probably can't afford whatever they are wanting to buy.
#155430 - 02/14/08 07:40 AM Re: Need help about credit. Long story
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
The perils of co-signing.
#155431 - 02/14/08 09:23 AM Re: Need help about credit. Long story
Lazerwolf Offline
Loc: Colorado Springs
The moral of the story never let anyone use your credit....
#155432 - 02/14/08 02:01 PM Re: Need help about credit. Long story
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Lazerwolf:
The moral of the story never let anyone use your credit....
thumbsup