Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#157347 - 11/20/07 08:38 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Lvl 69, really? That's awesome! I never would have guessed you to be a gamer, much less hardcore enough to get to lvl 69 in WoW.

But yeah, Tabula Rasa is pay to play. However, like most other MMOs I can think of, when you buy the game at the store, you get a month free.

It really is very similar to WoW. Even the way the quest log is set-up is very much like WoW.

But at that point, the similarities end.

The entire game is a constant war. The enemy will attack certain bases en mass, and when they capture these bases, you can't turn in quests there or use the teleporters or anything. NPCs, both allied and enemy are ALWAYS fighting and there is constantly artillery raining down from the sky at random intervals in enemy territory.

You could be standing around waiting for something and then get knocked off your feet from an artillery round. Doesn't do much damage but it will toss you around.

Also, the combat is real-time. No 11212342223 like WoW. You aim with the mouse, the cursor kinda sticky-targets that enemy. Click the left trigger and keep the cursor on them.

Oh, and here's a link to OUR mounts...
http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/13881

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#157348 - 11/20/07 09:05 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Quote:
black friday. im going to get myself a 360 for cheap... anyone hear of any serious deals on one?
ordonez, here's a really good link on black friday deals, http://bfads.net/
-dude i dont know if i wanna 360 or a PS3, I have always been a diehard playstation fan but the 360 is way better right now and i keep holding off, hopin that PS will get their act together, but i cant hold off too much longer, im getting sick of the PS2

#157349 - 11/21/07 03:27 AM Re: The Gamer Thread
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by brown:
my friend told me that assassins creed is pretty repetitive. He said that it kinda ruins the game a bit. Anyone find that to be true?

I'm trying to decide between Call of Duty Modern Combat and Assassins Creed.
While I want Assassins Creed, COD4 and Ace Combat 6 are the two games at the top of my list. I'm still trying to rent Need for Speed ProStreet to find out if it's any good. I can't believe they got rid of free roam and police chases... mad That was the best part!!
#157350 - 11/21/07 05:42 AM Re: The Gamer Thread
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Toys R Us will have a deal on the 360s. Buy a 360 and get three $50 games (your choice) for free.
#157351 - 11/21/07 09:12 AM Re: The Gamer Thread
Arcxnus Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
I'm still trying to rent Need for Speed ProStreet to find out if it's any good. I can't believe they got rid of free roam and police chases... mad That was the best part!!
Yeah, those're the only things that got me playing NFS, especially the police chases. That's all I really do on my NFS games now, after beating them. Just run around and mess stuff up. lol

I'm not even going to bother with ProStreet, even though I was looking forward to it. I didn't really pick up on the missing elements until people started reviewing it, and I got super disappointed. The effects and cars and stuff look nice, but without all the stuff that's true NFS, it's just another controlled-environment racer. I'd get Forza 2 or Project Gotham 4 first.

Midnight Club LA is in the making though, so that can make up for it. I always liked MC a little more than NFS, and Dub Edition on the Xbox was like euphoria.
#157352 - 11/21/07 09:57 AM Re: The Gamer Thread
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
I was a little disapointed to hear they cut stuff out of NFS ProStreet, but depending on things I might still buy it. It's definately lower on my priority list of games I want though.

Hmmm, which one to buy next? crazy

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#157353 - 11/21/07 10:38 AM Re: The Gamer Thread
Arcxnus Offline
CoD4, Oblivion, Forza 2, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Orange Box, and Rainbow Six~

Just off the top of my head.

Be advised, Microsoft will be releasing full downloads of some Original Xbox games through Xbox Live in the coming month or two, so you may or may not want to go physically buy them. I know I don't really have any room for any more box-games. T^T The giant AC box has nowhere to live!
#157354 - 11/21/07 11:29 AM Re: The Gamer Thread
SlickGTP Offline
Heh, mine is temporarily living on top of the tv. Little Altair still needs a place to live though.

By the pc or tv? I'm thinking by the pc, but my desk is a disaster area.

Oh yeah, thought about buying Beautiful Katamari for the 360... Not sure though.

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#157355 - 11/21/07 11:55 AM Re: The Gamer Thread
Arcxnus Offline
I would get Katamari 2 for PS2. Cheaper and longer, apparently. You can only get so creative with Katamari across three games.
#157356 - 11/21/07 01:56 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
SlickGTP Offline
Yeah, for as wacky a game as it is, there doesn't seem like you could put too much variation into it.

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

#157357 - 11/21/07 02:13 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
Acefighter Offline
I still want to at least give ProStreet a chance, and the only reason for that is because it sounds like the level of customization in that game is insane. Not only do you need to go to the wind tunnel after you mod the look of your car, but from what I hear, you can change details down to the pressure in your tires!

So, I at least want to try it, but that's why I want to rent it first. On the other hand, even without free roam, it can't be much worse than NFS Carbon...
#157358 - 11/21/07 02:20 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
Arcxnus Offline
o_O .. You didn't like Carbon?
#157359 - 11/21/07 03:20 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
I liked Carbon a WHOLE lot more than Underground 2.

So much less of the bling-bling and more of the vroom-vroom.

Also, I'd suggest to ANYBODY with a 360 to rent/buy a copy of Earth Defense Force 2017. It's a japanese low-budget title but gameplay is +++++! Animations and models are kinda meh, but slaughtering thousands of giants ants, spiders, and robots with crazy unrealistic and destructive weapons is just so awesome. It's also 2 player split-screen Co-op.

It's my absolute favorite 360 game. Nothing fits my desire for destruction better than a hand-held cruise missile or a grenade launcher that fires 30 grenades at once, shotgun style, with each grenade having a blast radius of 12 meters smile

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#157360 - 11/21/07 03:33 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
Arcxnus Offline
I like Carbon better than 2 also, but I still cut 2 some slack because it's not a next-gen title, so there were more limitations and it's not really a fair playing field to directly compare it to a 360 game. Carbon got rather repetitive .. and I miss the small career-centric details of 2, like finding places for picture shoots to be on the magazines and stuff.

I rather liked doing that, but that might just be because I'm a huge shutterbug.

Most Wanted is still the king of NFS though. laugh
#157361 - 11/21/07 03:56 PM Re: The Gamer Thread
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I just got Mass Effect last night, LOVE IT!!!! effin awesome! I have been looking at assasins creed for my next one... maybe this weekend ill go after it wink