Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#159243 - 12/26/08 11:15 PM WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
snowrider900 Offline
Loc: Owatonna mn
http://www.kare11.com/news/national/national_article.aspx?storyid=533579&catid=18
As a parent and a normal god fearing human being...this is just NOT GOOD!!...Im trying to control my anger knowing this is a family site
#159244 - 12/26/08 11:26 PM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
just wrong!

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#159245 - 12/26/08 11:36 PM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
wow that is just plain wrong!

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#159246 - 12/27/08 12:34 AM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Is it is just me or this guy look like Troy A. from old Dallas Cowboy quarterback from 90's?

I heard that in news. That's really sick. When I read that. They say he shot 8 years old girl in face. She is still alive. eek Wow, this poor girl will have horrible life to remember that forever.
#159247 - 12/27/08 12:55 AM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
jaybur Offline
Loc: Ashland Oregon
when you actually get the B@lls to get in your car and start driving to the people you plan to kill, maybe that is a good time to point it at yourself??

If he would have done himself in at the beginning, all of those people would still be here.

you'd have to be pretty messed up mentally (obviously) to actually commit to doing something like that.

I think everyone has their breaking point, but how you handle it when it arrives is what makes the difference. while it would be great if nobody ever got to that point, its just not reality.

I read the story, and for the most part, nobody would have suspected him to do something like this. Maybe he never tried to get the stuff that bothered him off his chest, and it all caught up.

It said in the story that he used to volunteer for the church on christmas, normally for the children, so for him to pull the trigger on an 8 year old kid, he was beyond the breaking point.

its all very sad and disturbing.

1994 Honda civic CX hatchback (BIG MPG) STAYING STOCK
*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#159248 - 12/27/08 02:42 AM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
snowrider900 Offline
I dont care how messed up you think you are, too shoot an 8 year old in the face is just too much for me to fathom, even if I wasent a father, no matter how fin pissed off i was at the world, children dont deserve to die in the wake of someones frustration with life, yes if your that fu#@ed up, you should end it, but to take a defenseless child life...I will Not stand for it, To the mods, If Im getting out of hand tell me, But I and I hope all of you will stand of for this, an 8 year old opened a door...ya know what Im done..I cant think about anymore..ill comment later
#159249 - 12/27/08 09:32 AM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
jaybur Offline
I don't think anyone "stands" for it. But what are you going to do about it? He already killed himself.

I am a father too, and like I said, this is very sad and disturbing. We will never know what was going on in his head to do this.

I am not defending this guy in any way, just saying he was mentally F'ed up, because "physically" we can all pull a trigger, but mentally we we are not able to do this (we know its wrong, and F'ed up)

*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#159250 - 12/27/08 09:34 AM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
jaybur Offline
Off topic,

snowrider I just noticed you are from owatonna, I used to live in faribault, I remember cruising the "strip" in owatonna, do people still do that?

*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#159251 - 12/27/08 01:26 PM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
snowrider900 Offline
some people do, they cruse oak st bridge st and around central park, and I actually live in faribault now, just havent changed it on here yet
#159252 - 12/27/08 02:13 PM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
jaybur Offline
yea, now that I look closer at your photo, you took that pic at tepee tonka park, the viaduct is in the background.

*******1999 GT SOLD*****
#159253 - 12/27/08 05:50 PM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
snowrider900 Offline
yeppers
#159254 - 12/27/08 06:00 PM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
MAC GTP Offline
Loc: Willow Grove,PA
i used to live in eagan, mn when i grew up.

i used to go to faribault and Owatonna all the time for hockey.

how u liking the snow?
#159255 - 12/27/08 11:04 PM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
That is just terrible, Im lost for words. I understand he lost his job and got divorced but killing other people(especially and 8 year old) and then killing himself won't solve any of his problems.
#159256 - 12/27/08 11:07 PM Re: WTF is wrong with some people!, not for the faint of heart not for children too see
snowrider900 Offline
well we have gotten ALOT of snow, well alot compared to the last few years, when i was younger having a foot of snow on the ground at any given time was normal, and we have had many snowfalls this year, but the January thaw came early, we prolly only have about 2 inches or less, it was in the 40's the other day and above freezing yesterday overnight, we lost alot of snow, today it got to 37 and its 18 now at 10 at night..lots of fog last couple days, I love the snow, its the 10 below with the 25 below windchill i could live without