Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164854 - 01/26/10 10:02 PM Holy Warriors? Interesting, but divisive.
Richard Candelario Offline
http://michiganmessenger.com/33560/pentagon-to-talk-to-michigan-company-about-bible-verse-scopes

ACOGs have a secret message on the side of them. The message is encoded as such:
ACOG4X32JN8:12

Which means: Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying... light of life.

In the article, it says that the Senior NCO violated EO, CO2, policy, directives, regulation, and common courtesy by being threatening. Yeah, I agree, that was a HUGE mistake on his part.

The comments saying that separation of church and state? Yeah, good luck with that. The Army specifically, and the military in general, has been using biblical terms for a good long time now: Crusaders, Paladin, Apocalypse, Aramageddon, Four Horsemen, Archangels, and it continues. At least one unit comes to mind using biblical verses overtly: Also I heard the voice of the Lord, sayi... am I; send me. , and But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. .

It's my opinion that the encoded message is not that we are to think of ourselves as Holy Warriors, but that the scope is kinda talking for us, as if to say "if you're being viewed through me right now, you are not gonna be enjoying the light of life much longer. The person viewing you is about to send you somewhere cold and dark: your grave".

Should Americans take this war personally? Yeah. A fanatical sect of a religion is trying to destroy our country. I said it before: someone hits me hard, really hard, I'm gonna cut him. He cuts me, I'm gonna shoot him. He shoots me, I'm gonna bomb the [tar] outta him. The Islamic, as does most other religions, prescribes to Hammurabi\'s Code , essentially eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Why should we not wage war on them if they waged war on us first? We're the reason that they (Al-Qaeda and the Taliban) won against the Russians in 1978!

Anyway, weigh in, yall. Lets remember respect, courtesy, and differing opinions. This is sure to be a hot topic, since it deals with religion. You feel yourself going on a rant, try to back off for a sec, ok? Ok?...breathe...breathe...whoo saahh...lets go.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#164855 - 01/27/10 12:53 AM Re: Holy Warriors? Interesting, but divisive.
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
lol I think it's great. Dunno what else to tell you.
#164856 - 01/27/10 02:03 AM Re: Holy Warriors? Interesting, but divisive.
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I really dont much see the difference between messages on scopes and nose art on aircraft...or messages written on the sides of bombs and missles for that matter, granted those are not by the manufacturer.

I guess the bottom line out of all ofit comes down to the fact that no war is holy. Most every religion on this planet preaches forgiveness, patience and tolerance.
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the Children of God."

as soon as we put the words holy and war together we have thrown any semblance of peacmaking out the window...then it begins to lean towards extremism.

Unfortunately we, as a race (human race I mean) are flawed and imperfect, and as such we will not handle everything in the best way possible. War and killing has gone on since the dawn of time, and I dont suspect that will change.

Oddly enough, at times like this I recall the scene from the old Star Trek TV series called "Space Seed" when Capt Kirk finally confronted Khan with the knowledge of his true identity. Khan's response was short but pointed, and frighteningly true.
"In the past 200 years there has been great techological advancement, but how little man himself has changed."

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#164857 - 01/27/10 07:38 AM Re: Holy Warriors? Interesting, but divisive.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I think it's big stink over nothing. Those markings have been on the scopes for a long long time and it's never been an issue before. Some one found a new tangent to take protests on is all.
#164858 - 01/29/10 10:34 PM Re: Holy Warriors? Interesting, but divisive.
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I agree Herc...a lot of static over something that has very little to do with the men and women carrying the weapon...doesnt make the weapon any different as well.

But the media loves dirt...no matter how small the grit.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com