Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165703 - 08/12/09 08:22 PM Almost As Good An Offer As Those Headers Were a While Back...
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
You guys remember those headers some of you were trying to get at a very low price off that one website, but it ended up being a typo/error... Some people even tried called the company several times trying to get them to honor their mistake... Well check this article out

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090812/ap_on_bi_ge/us_best_buy_pricing_error

#165704 - 08/12/09 09:41 PM Re: Almost As Good An Offer As Those Headers Were a While Back...
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Well they made a mistake regardless and I think every company should honor it. I hope someone at least got one.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#165705 - 08/13/09 10:05 AM Re: Almost As Good An Offer As Those Headers Were a While Back...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
They made a mistake is right. I don't think they should have have to honor it. If the prodcuct hadn't shipped cancellingthe order is fine. Now if they sent a couple out then demanded the 1700 that would be piss poor. Just because a company makes an honest mistake does not mean the public can take advantage of it. It's really no different then if you put something on CL at a lowball price not realizing then having some one call you to buy it and you say what? That's not the price I'm not selling. Just because it's a major coporation doesn't change anything.
#165706 - 08/13/09 10:07 AM Re: Almost As Good An Offer As Those Headers Were a While Back...
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
They made a mistake is right. I don't think they should have have to honor it. If the prodcuct hadn't shipped cancellingthe order is fine. Now if they sent a couple out then demanded the 1700 that would be piss poor. Just because a company makes an honest mistake does not mean the public can take advantage of it. It's really no different then if you put something on CL at a lowball price not realizing then having some one call you to buy it and you say what? That's not the price I'm not selling. Just because it's a major coporation doesn't change anything.
x2. Everyone makes mistakes. People are always looking for handouts and how to get ahead of others, even if it is morally wrong. It's awful.
#165707 - 08/13/09 04:07 PM Re: Almost As Good An Offer As Those Headers Were a While Back...
tazfootball2 Offline
Yes, I totally agree with you guys.

I used to work in retail at one point and we would have some price changes every now and then. Sometime we were just too busy to put the new prices up and some people would bring those items to the register. We would ring it up and it would say one price on the computer and a different price on the sales floor. We would go back to where the item was picked up to check the price on the shelf was the same item. If it was, we had to honor the price on the shelf. But in this instance it was OUR fault, because we didn't have the new tags on the shelf when the new prices went into effect. Then again, you are looking at only .10, .50, $1 difference there, compared to that $1650 difference on that TV/article.

#165708 - 08/13/09 05:08 PM Re: Almost As Good An Offer As Those Headers Were a While Back...
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by tazfootball2:
Yes, I totally agree with you guys.

I used to work in retail at one point and we would have some price changes every now and then. Sometime we were just too busy to put the new prices up and some people would bring those items to the register. We would ring it up and it would say one price on the computer and a different price on the sales floor. We would go back to where the item was picked up to check the price on the shelf was the same item. If it was, we had to honor the price on the shelf. But in this instance it was OUR fault, because we didn't have the new tags on the shelf when the new prices went into effect. Then again, you are looking at only .10, .50, $1 difference there, compared to that $1650 difference on that TV/article.
I know in Michigan they have a law to protect consumers. If you bring up an item to a cash register that has an incorrect price, the store HAS to honor it. I guess it doesn't apply to online retailers, but my understanding is if Best Buy in Michigan had these as $9.99 at the store, they would have to sell them for that price.
#165709 - 08/18/09 05:03 AM Re: Almost As Good An Offer As Those Headers Were a While Back...
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
#165710 - 08/18/09 04:55 PM Re: Almost As Good An Offer As Those Headers Were a While Back...
tazfootball2 Offline
WOW! I think they are bankin' on some awesome reviews by the customers.

I have stayed at one of their hotels (Crown Plaza) in Ohio when I was training for my job. I gotta say, it was prob one of the nicest hotels i've ever been in. Great customer service too!

#165711 - 08/21/09 06:15 PM Re: Almost As Good An Offer As Those Headers Were a While Back...
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
If a hotel can honor it's price like that I think every company should.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#165712 - 08/22/09 02:20 AM Re: Almost As Good An Offer As Those Headers Were a While Back...
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Especially when they sold those rooms for $.01