Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167147 - 12/14/08 07:41 PM NFL
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
...Just wanted to let everyone know

THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS ARE AFC NORTH CHAMPS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

#167148 - 12/14/08 07:50 PM Re: NFL
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
and the packers friggin suck!!! wow i think the packers made a wise decision getting rid of FAVRE!!! NOTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! wow they must be kicking themselves right now!

Anyways i will be rooting for the jets all throught the playoffs!

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#167149 - 12/14/08 09:08 PM Re: NFL
MAC GTP Offline
Loc: Willow Grove,PA
GO EAGLES BABY

PLAYOFF PUSH!!!!

WE SOO GOT THIS LOL
#167150 - 12/14/08 10:08 PM Re: NFL
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
woah woah woah, what are you all smoking? its all about the New York Football Giants!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup NFC Champs and soon to be 2x defending Super Bowl Champs
#167151 - 12/14/08 11:03 PM Re: NFL
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Go 49ers frown .... Looks like another rebuilding year...
#167152 - 12/14/08 11:28 PM Re: NFL
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
How bout them Jets?
#167153 - 12/15/08 01:47 AM Re: NFL
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I went to Cincinnati Bengals game. I'm not fan of Bengals but I got free tickets from company. They actually won lol. Go Colts! I wear Colts gear at Bengals game. I'm glad I don't get "trash talk" about my Colts. wink
#167154 - 12/15/08 07:49 AM Re: NFL
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Steelers got a lucky call. That was not a touchdown. That call should never have been overturned.
#167155 - 12/15/08 01:53 PM Re: NFL
MAC GTP Offline
Loc: Willow Grove,PA
soon to be super bowl champs huh

if my eyes havent deceved me i think that they have played like crap the last few games without plax. even with plax they still would have lost to who..... oh yea the eagles.

props to the cowgirls too they played well i guess lol
#167156 - 12/15/08 04:11 PM Re: NFL
tazfootball2 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Steelers got a lucky call. That was not a touchdown. That call should never have been overturned.
C'mon Herc! Feet don't matter in this scenario but it all depends where the possession was made. That ball was def an inch over the plane, but his momentum was coming back. I heard/read both sides of the story, Holmes said he didn't think it was over the plane and the referee actually said (in an interview) he ruled it a TD before he reviewed the play, he said that he "just forgot to say so".

"Afterward, he told a pool reporter that he had ruled the ball DID break the plane and simply forgot to do so"
Therefore, if everyone thinks that the initial ruling was no TD, and everyone thinks that the replay is inconclusive, then what's the difference if HIS initial call is TD, and the replay is still inconclusive, ITS STANDS AS A TD!
http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20081215/20081215092527370000301/

Bottom line- It is what it is. The game is an inexact science from the first whistle.

But I will say that they spotted that ball incorrectly on that one play(PIT had the ball). They def came up like a yard short.

The Steelers probably lead the league in the most screwed calls the last 5 years. Finally, we get some breaks.

Did you watch the game? How many Holding and Pass Interference calls did the refs miss on Baltimore? They held James Harrison EVERY play. Then there was 2 missed PI calls against Baltimore defenders (One with Holmes, the other with Washington).

The other week Troy Polamalu (I think the SD game), he intercepted a ball and returned it for a TD. The ended up overturning that, AND THAT WAS CLEARLY an interception for a TD. NO, luckily it didn't decide the game, but still.

There have been quite a few bad calls this year.

#167157 - 12/15/08 04:17 PM Re: NFL
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by tazfootball2:

The Steelers probably lead the league in the most screwed calls the last 5 years. Finally, we get some breaks.

BS! That superbowl win was because of poor offiating.

Seattle was the better team that year.
#167158 - 12/15/08 04:20 PM Re: NFL
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Quote:
[b] Steelers got a lucky call. That was not a touchdown. That call should never have been overturned.
C'mon Herc! Feet don't matter in this scenario but it all depends where the possession was made. That ball was def an inch over the plane, but his momentum was coming back. I heard/read both sides of the story, Holmes said he didn't think it was over the plane and the referee actually said (in an interview) he ruled it a TD before he reviewed the play, he said that he "just forgot to say so".

"Afterward, he told a pool reporter that he had ruled the ball DID break the plane and simply forgot to do so"
Therefore, if everyone thinks that the initial ruling was no TD, and everyone thinks that the replay is inconclusive, then what's the difference if HIS initial call is TD, and the replay is still inconclusive, ITS STANDS AS A TD!

Bottom line- It is what it is. The game is an inexact science from the first whistle.

But I will say that they spotted that ball incorrectly on that one play(PIT had the ball). They def came up like a yard short.

Did you watch the game? How many Holding and Pass Interference calls did the refs miss on Baltimore? They held James Harrison EVERY play. Then there was 2 missed PI calls against Baltimore defenders (One with Holmes, the other with Washington).

The other week Troy Polamalu (I think the SD game), he intercepted a ball and returned it for a TD. The ended up overturning that, AND THAT WAS CLEARLY an interception for a TD. NO, luckily it didn't decide the game, but still.

There have been quite a few bad calls this year. [/b]
Gosh... you're not biased at all.
#167159 - 12/15/08 04:23 PM Re: NFL
tazfootball2 Offline
Quote:
Quote:
[b]

BS! That superbowl win was because of poor offiating.

Seattle was the better team that year. [/b]
WHO HAS THE SUPER BOWL RING!!!!
...case closed!

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc228/tazfootball2/5a16d9f51.gif

#167160 - 12/15/08 04:26 PM Re: NFL
tazfootball2 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] Steelers got a lucky call. That was not a touchdown. That call should never have been overturned.

There have been quite a few bad calls this year. [/b]
Gosh... you're not biased at all. [/b]
Obviously I will be since I am a fan!
...but if you read the whole thing I did say this "But I will say that they spotted that ball incorrectly on that one play(PIT had the ball). They def came up like a yard short."

...I gave Baltimore there credit where credit was due!

#167161 - 12/15/08 08:34 PM Re: NFL
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Revel in the past.

I was only pointing out that Pit has been the benifactor in poor oficiating games since you said they were getting the short end of the stick.

By the way Big Ben is the most over-rated QB out there. The Bus was the difference maker in that game.

Yes my team has been on the snide for the past six years but to see mediocrity celebrated drives me crazy.