Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#169922 - 04/02/09 10:53 PM Teachers suspended
20gtp02 Offline
Well my mother's best friend had an issue with a misbehaving student in class.
Well read the article.
But anyways, I was just watching the Fox news and they displayed a picture of her and had kids speak about her, kids that didn't even know her, and basically played on one side of the ball.
It was quite depressing for me to watch, since this lady has been in relationship with my family since I was born.
I really want to call the station and slap one them up side the head.
It was so one sided.
And after finding the article online, I see two others were suspended. One them was my football coach in HS and the other I went to school with and worked out with during college.

I just can't believe how the NEWS gives all the dirty fake made up crap about incidences.
She didn't harm the kid, the kid leading the kid did the harm.
I agree that she shouldn't have tried to make the kid be humiliated in that manner.
They played it out like she was one of those sex offender teachers.
She teaches Gifted kids, yes they are bright, but they all have issues, like behavior for an example.
Thought I'd share since this hit home and I was upset on the comments.
One douche bag kid, who didn't know here, said on the News something about she needs her a$$ kicked or something.
I was like dang, give me his name, and I'll whoop his a$$.

The other two guys suspended for the email, well they deserve it since that crap shouldn't be sent through work, let alone through school emails.

Read the replies down below the article.
Those people didn't see the News on tv, and they are for the teacher.
And if they did, I'm sure they might be against the teacher.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/EastVolusia/evlEAST03040209.htm

#169923 - 04/03/09 07:41 AM Re: Teachers suspended
black99gtp Offline
Loc: Chicago Suburbs
as a teacher, a lot of us get bad raps, and a lot of times its undeserved. there are so many problems at the school I work at, that sometimes the kids misbehaving are just sent back to class, leading to distract the other kids, making it that much harder to get work done in the room. In my experience, about 9 out of 10 teachers are good, hard working people and this stigma that most teachers are just there to get summers off is totally ridiculous.

On top of that, most of them get no discipline at home, they just get yelled at with no real consequences. If the kids aren't expected to act right at home, what are we supposed to do with them?

and of course, like you said, that article did seem very one-sided

#169924 - 04/03/09 11:15 AM Re: Teachers suspended
Richard Candelario Offline
sounds like the news and the Army. All anyone hears of us is how we all go to Iraq and die.

This is what I sometimes use while out talking to people:

News companies are businesses. Businesses are in business to make money. News companies make money by making ratings. Ratings are made by showing bad news. In order to make money, the news must show almost all bad news. That's why you only hear how Service Members die, and never hear of the schools, power stations, what ever that we build or secure.

Same can be said of anything that makes news.

I am sorry that your mom's friend got fried on TV.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#169925 - 04/03/09 01:12 PM Re: Teachers suspended
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
The NEWS covered a story in a biases, one-sided manner!?

Shock!
Gasp!
Awe!

There is no such thing as unbiased news anymore. Everything is going to have a spin on it.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#169926 - 04/03/09 06:26 PM Re: Teachers suspended
black99gtp Offline
great point zerg, that's part of the reason i went into teaching instead of journalism

after taking some classes, and realizing how dumb the general public is, they believe anything they see on tv or read in the newspaper. The government doesn't control the country, the media does...and I didn't want to be a part of that

#169927 - 04/03/09 07:28 PM Re: Teachers suspended
20gtp02 Offline
I know highly Black99gtp, dad retired 3 years ago january with 30 years teaching, and mom just entered 2nd year drop with 30 years teaching!
They'd kill me if I went into teaching!

#169928 - 04/03/09 08:46 PM Re: Teachers suspended
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
This reminds me why I quite volunteering at my kids schools. When 12 yr olds call me man, dude, bro and then cuss in normal conversation as I am there to tutor/help/assist or whatever I was doing, and then lie to administration about what transpired, it was time to go. What did it for me is when a parent came in and told me it was my fault there child was failing. My response was then sell your Escalade, designer clothing and all the bling you're wearing and pay for a professional tutor. I give up my free time to try and make a difference in a child's life, and this is what I get. I looked at the teacher and said, I'll be back when you get a student who's parents actually care about their education and walked out.

Now I just help my kids friends. They are good kids, and I can smack them around a little if needed. LOL
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#169929 - 04/06/09 01:02 AM Re: Teachers suspended
black99gtp Offline
It's easier for me to justify the problems so many kids are having because how are they supposed to know any better if they're parents are idiots? One parent I had to deal with came up asking me on the day of tryouts for basketball if her son could stay even though his grades weren't very good, but hadn't returned OVER 10 PHONE CALLS AND 5 LETTERS HOME regarding her child's behavior and poor academic achievement in the classroom.

Gotta love priorities thumbsup

All of the teachers ready to retire at the school keep telling me "I don't know how you're going to last another 30 years with these %^#$^@^ kids, they didn't make them like that when i started"

#169930 - 04/06/09 08:19 AM Re: Teachers suspended
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
The problem is parents have gotten too soft. They want to be their kids best friends.

Was your father your "best friend"? or did you fear him? In other words when you goofed off and got in trouble did you worry about what would happen if Dad found out?

Too many parents "spare the rod" now-a-days.
#169931 - 04/06/09 10:59 PM Re: Teachers suspended
black99gtp Offline
I get along with my dad great, we work on cars, talk sports, I help him learn computers (not easy lol)...but when I was a kid I was so scared of doing something wrong that I never did anything wrong. And he never had to hit me to put fear in me. I knew the rules, and followed them. There was no "if," there was just "those are the rules and you will follow them"

I think that's why I get along so great now with my parents. I didn't like how strict they were when I was a kid, but I respect it so much now because they just wanted the best for me.

You are totally right Herc. Parents with no money, kids have raggedy clothes, can barely afford school fees, but they have a phone that cost 3 times as much as mine in 2nd grade. They want to be friends and not parents. What 2nd grader really needs a cell phone?

#169932 - 04/06/09 11:04 PM Re: Teachers suspended
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
An english teacher just got fired for coming to school drunk LOL

it was a good laugh looking at her, but probably an alcohol problem so its not that funny.

idk what happened to her now.
#169933 - 04/07/09 04:42 AM Re: Teachers suspended
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by black99gtp:
ou are totally right Herc. Parents with no money, kids have raggedy clothes, can barely afford school fees, but they have a phone that cost 3 times as much as mine in 2nd grade. They want to be friends and not parents. What 2nd grader really needs a cell phone?
I remember a few years back, at my old job, I saw three kids, siblings, probably between the ages of 5-8. All three had brand new Ipods. And that was when Ipods were new, and several hundred dollars each. banghead banghead
#169934 - 04/07/09 07:13 AM Re: Teachers suspended
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Quote:
Originally posted by black99gtp:
[b] ou are totally right Herc. Parents with no money, kids have raggedy clothes, can barely afford school fees, but they have a phone that cost 3 times as much as mine in 2nd grade. They want to be friends and not parents. What 2nd grader really needs a cell phone?
I remember a few years back, at my old job, I saw three kids, siblings, probably between the ages of 5-8. All three had brand new Ipods. And that was when Ipods were new, and several hundred dollars each. banghead banghead [/b]
LOL my 17 year old has a cheasey 4gig no name mp4 player that was roughly $30. The screen is busted on it but you know what. He couldn't be happier.