Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176406 - 07/23/08 09:44 AM Re: top gun 2?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:

I think the biggest knock against Cruise is that Top Gun was such a successful film that he basically has "strong armed" everyone he has worked with to conform almost every other character he has played to be some other version of Maverick.
A very good example of that would be "Days of Thunder"

The biggest reason I don't care for him anymore is because he has gotten to big for his britches. He doesn't come across as a likable guy.

I don't hold his religeous beliefs against him just his personality.
#176407 - 07/23/08 03:11 PM Re: top gun 2?
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
ok i looked it up and i was still confused,

What is scientology? someone has to dumb it down for me please!!

days of thunder wasnt a bad movie

and most actors are to big for there britches herc, they all have BIG heads
#176408 - 07/23/08 03:52 PM Re: top gun 2?
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
The "religion" part of scientology was CREATED by the late science fiction writer, L. Ron Hubard. He created this religion. Their "bible" is his book "Dianetics"

It's centered around the belief the the evil galactic overlord Xenu brought all the Thetans to our planet in a DC-10 spaceship, put them all on top of a volcano and then killed them all with hydrogen bombs.

Now, their souls linger on our planet and infect us, causing all our dismay and unhappiness. And the only way to FIX this is with an E-meter which is a little device that puts electrical currents into your body to "cleanse" the Thetan pressence.

Ridiculous I know. But it's not the RELIGION that's evil. If you want to belive that, that's fine.

It's the violent, destructive PYRAMID SCHEME that formed because of it. All material and specifically, Auditing (e-meter sessions) are not only NOT free but HUGELY expensive. We are talking in thousands of dollars here for ONE auditing session. And all this money filters up to Dave Miscavage, Tom Cruise, and the other "high-ups" where the new recruits are promised part of the profit pie from every person that joins beneath them. However, nobody on the bottom ever get's anything and it just filters back up to the peak.

The Scientology you all know of in the media is NOT the religion. It is a pyramid scheme cult disgused as a religion and back only by those with enough money and brainwashing to be part of the higher levels of it.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#176409 - 07/23/08 04:19 PM Re: top gun 2?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:

Days of Thunder is quite possibly the worst racing movie ever made.
You try even a smidgen of what was portrayed in the movie and you'll find yourself parked for a long time.
If they were going to do all of the fantasized situations, then they should have used a fantasized sanctioning body instead of an actual sanctioning body like NASCAR. The only "real" part of the movie was the talk the 2 drivers had with the head of NASCAR then went to dinner with him, except in real life the 2 drivers didn't go in separate cars, they drove together. The 2 real drivers were Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Bodine.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#176410 - 07/23/08 04:39 PM Re: top gun 2?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:

and most actors are to big for there britches herc, they all have BIG heads
But his is by far the BIGGEST.
#176411 - 07/23/08 06:41 PM Re: top gun 2?
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Quote:
[b]
Days of Thunder is quite possibly the worst racing movie ever made.
You try even a smidgen of what was portrayed in the movie and you'll find yourself parked for a long time.
If they were going to do all of the fantasized situations, then they should have used a fantasized sanctioning body instead of an actual sanctioning body like NASCAR. The only "real" part of the movie was the talk the 2 drivers had with the head of NASCAR then went to dinner with him, except in real life the 2 drivers didn't go in separate cars, they drove together. The 2 real drivers were Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Bodine. [/b]
So...wait...Days of thunder is based on true events??

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#176412 - 07/23/08 06:44 PM Re: top gun 2?
20gtp02 Offline
I don't understand why you all are knocking these movies as such. There are movies out every week that have a bunch of bs in them, as in it can't happen type of deal.
Yah I think the ladies are starting to dislike Cruise also!
Did you all ever see him get hit by that dude with a squirt gun shot during entrance to some tv event? That was awesome, "Now why would you do that?"-Cruise

#176413 - 07/23/08 06:53 PM Re: top gun 2?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by '01 GT:
So...wait...Days of thunder is based on true events??
Bits and pieces are based on actual events/people.
Randy Quaid's character was based on Rick Hendrick and Fred Thompson's character was obviously based on Big Bill France.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#176414 - 07/23/08 09:36 PM Re: top gun 2?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
I used the two as an example of tired story lines.

Young hot shot, buddy killed/bad bad wreck friend out, timid in the cockpit cause buddy died/timid behind the wheel cause of bad wreck, to pull it all together and whoop some butt.

Same story one was in the air the other going around in circles.