Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178170 - 03/21/10 01:58 PM The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
On a 2008 GMC Acadia SLT-1, black with black leather, 7 passenger seating (2+2+3), fully loaded with Bose 10.1 stereo with navigation and dual rear DVDs in the headrest (the girly-girls love this).
Our loan amount was only for $16k, so she got in it for $327/60 months, and that includes a 60 month/60k mile warranty.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#178171 - 03/21/10 03:47 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
GrindingNemo Offline
Loc: Missoula MT
Nice. Thats a great payment too...kinda makes me have second thoughts about what I pay for my wife and I to have blackberrys.
#178172 - 03/21/10 04:26 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Not a bad price for an 08.
#178173 - 03/21/10 06:46 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
Looks nice! Congratulations!

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#178174 - 03/21/10 11:54 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
that looks pretty snazzy! i like those things theyre huge lol

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#178175 - 03/22/10 12:18 AM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Man my wife has wanted one of these since they came out, but they are pretty pricey. I have been figuring we'd have to settle for a minivan to get the kind of storage we need...but after your post I checked the interior dimensions and the Acadia actually has a number of minivans beat for leg room- in all three rows! It lacks a little in cargo space, but probably makes up for it with towing capacity.

Now I only wish I could find a sweet deal on a used one in my area. frown
#178176 - 03/22/10 11:10 AM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
Have fun keeping all that black paint looking good. I love my wife's black Monte Carlo, but keeping it detailed is a PITA. Zaino, Eagle One Wipe & shine and a California Car Duster are your best friends
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#178177 - 03/22/10 01:09 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
UMfan Offline
Hmm after research I'm reading about leaky sunroofs, electrical issues and sticky transmissions. Have you looked into any of that Bobby? These seems like great trucks but I don't want to get sucked into a nightmare.
#178178 - 03/22/10 02:53 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Nice, i was getting a oil change friday and a lady pulled into the shop and she knew the manager of the shop and told him that she loves her Acadia but she wish that the tires were bigger.LOL
#178179 - 03/22/10 06:42 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
AustinGTP Offline
UM, No, I haven't heard of any of these issues but you are making me feel better about getting the extended warranty.

Dre, This one has the upgraded 19" wheels and it will be needing tires not too far away. I'm going to try and put some 265's on it, instead of the 255's, with the next set of tires.

72, We (the wife and I) are both fully aware of the care of black cars. We've both owned black cars in the past.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#178180 - 03/22/10 07:40 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
UMfan Offline
Good deal Bobby! I'm still interested in these, and I've been researching them today..maybe I'll follow you over to one of these.

I found three recalls so far. All appear to be minor. The sunroof leaking does not seem to be a recall, just something the folks on the acadia forums have noticed. They have a pretty good group of people on their site...kind of like this one but larger.

How is the power in this vehicle? I'm hoping to dest drive one soon, but a local dealer also has a 2006 Yukon Denali with the 6.0L V8. Trying to decide how "truck-like" I want to go...
#178181 - 03/22/10 08:00 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
AustinGTP Offline
It'll get up and scoot pretty good for a 5000Lb vehicle powered by a 3.6 V6, I'm impressed with the power.
I think we might be going to Galveston this weekend to show the wife's step mother. I'll let you know how good it is on the road, I suspect it'll be nothing but pleasant.
A few things I wished we had is bluetooth and seat memory. It's the SLT-2 package that gets the seat memory (we got the SLT-1) and bluetooth wasn't introduced to the Acadia until 2009 (we got a 2008).
Very roomy on the inside. I sat in all 3 rows and felt very comfortable in all seats. The second row bucket seats slide forward and back, leaves plenty of room in the third row when the second row seat is all the way back.
I've figured out the voice commands, those are pretty cool but I would much rather have bluetooth over voice commands. Voice commands are more of a novelty.

#178182 - 03/23/10 02:38 AM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
UMfan Offline
Good feedback. I've never used bluetooth with my phone, so I have no idea what I'm missing. Seat memory is also new for me. I saw that when I was researching the Denali. Sounds cool.

If I didn't have so much tied up in my GP I would sell both of our cars for an Acadia. With my wife being a stay at home mom, and me working from home, we struggle to use both of our cars as it is. We could easily be a single car family. But the problem is, with my car mildly modded and repaired from a wreck I won't get much for it.
#178183 - 03/23/10 03:36 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
UM, No, I haven't heard of any of these issues but you are making me feel better about getting the extended warranty.

Dre, This one has the upgraded 19" wheels and it will be needing tires not too far away. I'm going to try and put some 265's on it, instead of the 255's, with the next set of tires.

72, We (the wife and I) are both fully aware of the care of black cars. We've both owned black cars in the past.
She has the same rims as this truck does and she has the pearl white paint and she wanted bigger like 22inch wheels because she liked the fact that the new escalades has that option of getting 22 inch rims. Thats why I laugh at her because I thought 19" was enough.
#178184 - 03/26/10 01:55 AM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
98greenGT Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
We've got an Outlook which is essentially the same as an Acadia without some of the goodies. We've had it since fall 2007 and we have not had any major problems with it yet (knock on wood). So far we've only had to replace a rear door window switch that went out and door weatherstripping that tore.

The leaky sunroofs are exclusive to the 07 models I believe, one of my friends had this problem. Took the dealer months to figure out but the sunroof drain simply was not connected at the factory, they obviously have fixed this problem since.

The sticking transmission issue is a little more of a problem. There is a TSB out there to reflash the computer which is supposed to solve the issue. We have not had this TSB performed yet but we definitely plan to. The trans issue is simply the transmission hesitating to downshift when you try to accelerate but when it finally does the car surges, there is no such thing as a quick and smooth acceleration. Either the car refuses to downshift to accelerate or it does downshift and the engine guns.

Other than that they are fantastic cars with plenty of space, whether you get the Acadia, Outlook, Enclave or even the new Traverse, you will not be disappointed.

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
WizAired CAI, Impala 12" Brake Upgrade, ZZP Alternator Rewire and Voltage Booster, Rotated Dogbone Mounts, Kicker KS690 6x9s, JBL GTO427 4s, JBL P652S 6.5s
2001 Ford F150 XLT SuperCab
Stock, LineX, 212K
#178185 - 03/26/10 07:42 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
AustinGTP Offline
We haven't even had it a week yet and she's already refinanced it for a lower rate of %4.7, we're now down to $302/month for 60 months.

I noticed last night that one of the headlights have burned out. From what I can tell it's a fairly quick and easy job, no tools required. Remove the plastic cowling and access is gained from behind the headlamps.

#178186 - 03/28/10 08:05 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
proudgtp&gxpowner Offline
Loc: greenwich,ohio
nice purchase bobby. the acadia is nice. the 3.6 has some great power, thats whats in my 08 torrent gxp. if i decide to trade it in, my wife wants either a gmc terain or a ford edge. which ever we get a better deal on. unless she lets me get a truck lol. which either be a 2011 gmc sierra with the 6.2 or a 2011 ford f-150 with the new 5.0. so have to see which way she wants to go.
#178187 - 03/30/10 10:36 AM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Sharp lookin ride Bobby...I've looked at those at the car shows several times. I like the styling of the Acadia better than its sister ships, and I'd take one of those over a Tahoe anyday.

I think this 3.6 is going to prove to be a workhorse in lot of GM vehicles. Great power potential, no need for balance shaft, and Holden has been producing hi-po turbo versions for a few years now. The 60 degree engine has come long way from the old 2.8!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#178188 - 03/31/10 08:35 AM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Looks good. Those are easy to clean too! Congrats on the purchase.

(Now can I buy the hood back?) lol
#178189 - 03/31/10 08:30 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:

Check the subject line... "The WIFE Pulled the Trigger", not me. crazy

I'm still in the GP. laugh

#178190 - 03/31/10 11:47 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Very nice ride. After working night shift. Sometimes, I see van or suv have tv from backseat. It is perfect for like long road trip. Long time ago, when I was kid. I was boring as hell. I have a gameboy to play until stupid battery is dead lol Make me wish I'm that kid in 2010 instead 90's.
#178191 - 04/03/10 07:27 PM Re: The Wife Finally Pulled the Trigger...
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
[b]

Check the subject line... "The WIFE Pulled the Trigger", not me. crazy

I'm still in the GP. laugh [/b]
I know, just asking, lol!