Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#181655 - 11/08/09 11:24 AM I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well it was traffic and I was trying to get over and the car in front of the ferrari gave me room to get over but the ferrari did not want to let me in front of him so I kept it cool and let him past and got behind him then he mash on his breaks and boom I hit the left corner of the front bumper with my license plate. Nothing major, just a couple of paint spots of my paint on his bumper and we was only going like 3-4 mph. It was a 1999 Ferrari 360 Modena and the guy was made but I told him he should of not been a jerk and did what he did but of course I hit him so the cop gave me a ticket for following to close but I was but in a accident they have to give you a ticket for something.

I have the option to either pay the ticket of go to the court date and the cop told me he would help me out because the driver of the Ferrari had expired tags that ran out in october and he told me the judge might dimiss the case if I tell them about the expired tags because he already wrote that down in his paper work.

I want to know do they give you points for following too close on your license.
#181656 - 11/08/09 12:04 PM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
I'm sorry to hear you got in an accident. I'm just glad it was a small accident and everyone is fine. I'm willing to bet you will have to pay your ticket and won't be able to get out of it. As for the points I don't know about that.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#181657 - 11/08/09 01:40 PM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
If you have an attorney friend or relative it might be worth having them try to get the points dropped.
I flipped a car once, I was the only car involved. They gave me a 4 point reckless op, and 2 point failure to control vehicle. Attorney got all 6 points dropped, and I just paid the ticket fees and court fees. Insurance still found out about it, but it wasn't nearly as severe.
Sucks about the jerk ferrari. Make sure if you see his car somewhere to, uh, take care of it. Was there any chance the car in front of him slammed on the breaks though, and it wasn't him being a jerk?
#181658 - 11/08/09 02:53 PM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
Dre da GP man Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
If you have an attorney friend or relative it might be worth having them try to get the points dropped.
I flipped a car once, I was the only car involved. They gave me a 4 point reckless op, and 2 point failure to control vehicle. Attorney got all 6 points dropped, and I just paid the ticket fees and court fees. Insurance still found out about it, but it wasn't nearly as severe.
Sucks about the jerk ferrari. Make sure if you see his car somewhere to, uh, take care of it. Was there any chance the car in front of him slammed on the breaks though, and it wasn't him being a jerk?
I do have a attorney I contact all the time but I just dont want to give up no money no more.LOL

The nearest car in front of the ferrari was 2 car lenghts ahead of him and he slam on his breaks on purpose but its nothing I can do since I tap him in the back bumper. He was claiming its going to cost a least 20,000 dollars but I the insurance said its no way in hell its going to cost that much because its a 10 year old car and he was bragging on how it cost him 8,000 dollars for a oil change and to change a belt but I was mad and did not want to hear it.
#181659 - 11/08/09 03:53 PM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
GTPCompG Offline
Wait, $8000? Did I hear that correctly? lol

#181660 - 11/08/09 04:00 PM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
Dre da GP man Offline
Yes(lol), I did some research and since its a ferrari 360 modena with option challenge grill the most it will cost to replace the back bumper is 5600 dollars but it was just a couple of scratches and the repairs according to this ferrari website will be from 2000- 4500 depending of how bad its scratched.
#181661 - 11/08/09 04:32 PM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
if there are no points written on your ticket, than you are not getting any points for the accident. Im sure you will get the ticket dropped because the judge should look at it as the guy in the ferrari shouldnt have been driving the car in the first place, there for no accident would not have happened.

Hes full of crap, $8,000 for an oil change!? wow, i would have told him off right then and there! lmao what a tool!

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#181662 - 11/08/09 06:49 PM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
Dre da GP man Offline
Well one of the cops told me that he will be fine and that his car is fine(lol) and he was talking to the guy and said why would you drive a ferrari in Northern Virginia anyway. For those that don't know according to the record books, Northern Virginia is #3 in worst traffic in the world, I think Los Angeles is #1 I believe but anyway I just hope its no points involved on my license but I will find that out monday and talk to the lawyer and see if its worth fighting or not.
#181663 - 11/08/09 07:45 PM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
GTPCompG Offline
I don't know why after an accident in a Ferrari you would be yelling about oil change fees to the other driver, when your own tags are expired. If you drive a Ferrari you should be able to pay for damage to a Ferrari (minor fender scratch) without being too irritated.

#181664 - 11/09/09 12:24 AM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
In VA you earn safe driving points for every year you go without incident. Check your DMV to see your point status.

Following too close is minor offense but it is still worth going to court. If nothing else the judge maybe willing to drop your charge if you attend driving school (1 day class) which adds 5 safe points to your record.

You have nothing to lose by going to court even if you dont take an attorney. I have repped myself in two accident cases and charges were dropped both times. Just present yourself in professional manner and let the other idiot get bent out of shape. A judge wont be happy with him riding on expired tags.

Just my nickels worth of advice...good luck Dre.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#181665 - 11/09/09 12:28 AM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
lol points are for newb states :p

And you should been like " I would of so beatin you if you hadn't cheated" haha

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#181666 - 11/09/09 02:59 PM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
Dre da GP man Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
In VA you earn safe driving points for every year you go without incident. Check your DMV to see your point status.

Following too close is minor offense but it is still worth going to court. If nothing else the judge maybe willing to drop your charge if you attend driving school (1 day class) which adds 5 safe points to your record.

You have nothing to lose by going to court even if you dont take an attorney. I have repped myself in two accident cases and charges were dropped both times. Just present yourself in professional manner and let the other idiot get bent out of shape. A judge wont be happy with him riding on expired tags.

Just my nickels worth of advice...good luck Dre.
Thanks TBAT, just what I need to hear. I was told by other people to do that as well and they said I should be fine.

My co worker said it will not cost that much for scratches on a bumper. He said if it was a dent then thats another story but for scratches he said all the painter will do is blend it in with the rest of the paint according to my co worker.
#181667 - 11/10/09 11:26 AM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
lol this guy is joke. $8000 for oil change? He is full of bs.

Sorry about your accident. Good luck. Hopefully, it will better later.
#181668 - 11/11/09 02:52 AM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
GrindingNemo Offline
Loc: Missoula MT
From the few times I've tried it, it is ALWAYS worth it to show up for court. Explain to the judge that the accident was a result of the other driver's aggressive driving. I doubt that a judge will ignore that fact. While a lawyer wouldn't be a bad idea, it is just a traffic ticket, and I have had good luck talking to judges without one.
Good luck
#181669 - 11/11/09 11:24 AM Re: I hit a Ferrari(yes you heard me)
Dre da GP man Offline
Well I talked to the insurance people today and its my fault because they said when your in traffic you should expect somebody to stop so its not bad and my insurance will go up but they did not say how much but she not it will not be bad so I have to call my agent and see.

As far as the ticket I got for following to close there is no points associated for that according to dmv website TBAT. Here is the website of all the points and etc and I did not see following to close on there at all.

http://www.dmvnow.com/webdoc/citizen/drivers/points_assess.asp