Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#183537 - 03/15/09 04:46 PM Re: GTP's Attract Cops.
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by GP GT GUY:
maybe since your car is modded is what attracts cops... not necessarily a GTP
x2. I've never been pulled over in my car or even followed the way he was. Probably because aside from my tint and wheels my car looks stock.

I don't think cops care one way or the other about GTPs.
#183538 - 03/15/09 04:53 PM Re: GTP's Attract Cops.
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
Well the side of my car and the trunk lid say SUPERCHARGED lol
#183539 - 03/15/09 05:08 PM Re: GTP's Attract Cops.
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
my windsheild says supercharged ....
#183540 - 03/15/09 05:55 PM Re: GTP's Attract Cops.
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
well, when i was there last weekend, i saw more gtp's than i have ever seen in one area in my whole life! lol They are more common than ricers, its sad to say but very true. Seeing as they are so common in that area i can some what see why the cop would have followed him. He probably thought that he was going to race or something else street illegal with the car. Cops arent dumb and if they see a car like his and as common as they are, they will follow that car to see if something is about to happen.

In milwaukee, civics and ricers are just as common as grand prixs are over there. When a cop sees a suspicious civic or ricer over here, they tend to follow it(especially if its at night and nice out) to see if they are going to any races or something illegal.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#183541 - 03/15/09 06:28 PM Re: GTP's Attract Cops.
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
you live in bum-F usa. i live near the city dude and the suburbs. alot of cops around here that look for people like me lol .
I live near Houston, and drive in Houston frequently. No city I've been in have cops ever cared about my car. They're going to care based on your driving (like how you were driving like you were trying to lose him), or if it's an obviously modified car. He probably got behind you because of the tint, ran your plates to see if it was worth pulling you over, and decided it wasn't. Most cops aren't going to know the difference between an SE and a GTP, or even the difference between a Grand Prix or a Grand Am.

It's not because of your GTP.
#183542 - 03/15/09 08:55 PM Re: GTP's Attract Cops.
black99gtp Offline
Loc: Chicago Suburbs
yeah i'm pretty sure i've been followed a few times because of my tints, and after running my plates and finding nothing interesting they pull off

I've only been pulled over once in the gtp, and it was for going over the yellow lines too early getting into the left turn lane, it was in a suburb where nothing happens so the cop had nothing better to do than give me a 75 dollar fine

#183543 - 03/15/09 10:11 PM Re: GTP's Attract Cops.
20gtp02 Offline
He ran the plate, and was awaiting feedback if anything came up to pull you over.
Is a Michigan U-turn as dumb as the New Jersey Jug handles?

#183544 - 03/16/09 12:47 AM Re: GTP's Attract Cops.
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
We have grocery getters. Our cars are very "run of the mill", and aren't anything special. My car is bright red and loud, that's why it gets attention. I never got a second look when the car was stock.
#183545 - 03/16/09 03:20 AM Re: GTP's Attract Cops.
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
I actually got kinda paranoid last night, because I had to go run and pick some things up and bring them back to my job at 1 am. In the 25 minutes it took me to do it, I had 8 different cops (though one of them might have been a repeat) drive within feet of me. None of them gave me a second look.

Why was I paranoid? Because my inspection AND registration stickers were out. LOL I finally got around to putting the new registration sticker on today, but still need to get it inspected.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2