Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#184493 - 11/11/09 09:00 PM Just throwin this out there...
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
April 25th 2010 is Opening day for "The Glen" or Watkins Glen International Raceway. This event is also known as the "Thunder Road Tours" which The Glen hosts on many other days.
This is very akin to Laps for Charity in that you run paced laps around the course but on opening day cameras are on hand to capture your car on the track.

"The Glen" is a legendary race course and is part of both NASCAR and sports car racing.
I've had to start picking days/weeks that I can have for vacation time for next year and as of now this weekend looks like one I will be able to make.
Watkins Glen is in western New York state in the Finger Lakes region at the southern tip of Lake Seneca. If anyone in the PA, Ohio or other area would be interested, I think this would make great meet location.
One of the interior service roads inside the course is named "Grand Prix Lane"...gonna have to get a pic with that! cool laugh

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#184494 - 11/12/09 08:38 PM Re: Just throwin this out there...
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
I used to go to Watkins Glen when I was a kid for the Nascar races. That would be so awesome to drive it!
#184495 - 11/13/09 10:52 AM Re: Just throwin this out there...
Richard Candelario Offline
If it werent for this whole pesky deployment thing, I sure would consider it. Maybe.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#184496 - 11/14/09 11:14 PM Re: Just throwin this out there...
Igor Offline
Loc: Columbia/College Park, MD
That would be fun. Not too far away either.
#184497 - 11/14/09 11:53 PM Re: Just throwin this out there...
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I just checked Google Maps and there looks to be about 15 hotels in the area, so a place to stay shouldnt be an issue if you need it.

I really enjoyed my trip to TMS but I am still bummed I never got that vid from Kev or pics of the car on the track...not gonna let that get by this time.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com