Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185063 - 08/27/07 01:03 AM ahahh what a dork read it youll see
1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi Offline
Loc: Saginaw MI
#185064 - 08/27/07 01:49 AM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
I think there is some merit to the arguement however, as long as people love to drive (and fast to boot) there will always be a market for that kind of vehicle.

Just how big of a market is what the issue is.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#185065 - 08/27/07 02:40 AM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
I think he's got some great points.

What he forgot to mention is the new Camaro is ugly as hell...lol They tried to steal Ford's idea with the Mustang, and they didn't even do a good job of it...

If you want a good looking car with a lot of power, just get a GTO. laugh
#185066 - 08/27/07 04:44 AM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi Offline
Loc: Saginaw MI
Yeah I agree with ya there guys. I think the interior of the Camaro is FUGLY. thats why am still saving for the 1997 anniv. one I htink they are the best looking ones besides the obvious 67-71 I believe it is the 1st generation ones.
#185067 - 08/27/07 09:17 PM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
Richard Candelario Offline
F-cars? No, Homie, it's called an F-Body. Otherwise...his numbers are just a lil bit off. It does not cost 300 USD to fill my GP a month. And I have a 13 GAL tank. And I will only put Premium in my tank. The Camaro having a 20 GAL tank, that thing had better be able to make it more than a week between fill-ups, with distance variables in mind.

Although I dont necessarily agree with some of his points, I do agree with the arguement: GM most likely will not post the numbers they're looking for in the new F-Body.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#185068 - 08/27/07 10:13 PM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Guy's an idiot... nice math skills... $3 x 20 = $60 per tank and that's if you're bone dry. Not sure where $70 came into the equation. That's $240 a month, even if you do have to fill up once per week (unlikely)

He presents the Camaro like everyone's gonna buy it to drive it everyday from the suburbs into the city. That's not realistic either. He says the target demographic is 21-35, and while that is true, there are PLENTY of guys older than 35 that have the money and will want this car, and will be able to afford the gas/insurance. The camaro just isn't an 'average joe' car, nor is it a 'family car'.

People don't care about mileage and how much gas costs. Were there less drivers on the road earlier this summer when gas reached as high as $3.50/gal in places? No, there were more. Were people cutting back on how much gas they use? No, and in fact gasoline usage was breaking all time highs this summer.

I think this guy's completely wrong.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#185069 - 08/27/07 10:32 PM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
Richard Candelario Offline
yessir. oh well, like we all said, he has a good argument, but his points of discussion

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#185070 - 08/28/07 01:38 AM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
Acefighter Offline
Personally, I tend to agree with him. I mean, I want to get a GTO, and while the gas & insurance does make me think twice, all I've got to do is get a better paying job by then. laugh

However, I believe that I'm in the minority as far as that goes. I mean, numbers of four-bangers and hybrids being sold are skyrocketing...which, theoretically, means most other things are going down.
#185071 - 08/29/07 10:04 PM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
The camaro looks ok to me. The challenger, now that's a complete joke. The car looks like a cartoon character high on something.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#185072 - 08/29/07 11:27 PM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
What he forgot to mention is the new Camaro is ugly as hell...
Wow how can you not like it. It looks amazing. I actually have the orange with charcoal stripes convertible concept with the orange stripe on the wheels as my desktop background. That car is rediculous. How dare you.
#185073 - 08/30/07 12:58 AM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Quote:
Originally posted by TastyBake:
The camaro looks ok to me. The challenger, now that's a complete joke. The car looks like a cartoon character high on something.
The lower fascia design is bad, but everything else is amazing. It's almost a 100% repro of the original Challenger. More accurate than Ford or GM's attempts.
#185074 - 08/30/07 02:04 AM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Kev-GTP:
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
[b] What he forgot to mention is the new Camaro is ugly as hell...
Wow how can you not like it. It looks amazing. I actually have the orange with charcoal stripes convertible concept with the orange stripe on the wheels as my desktop background. That car is rediculous. How dare you. [/b]
Sorry, dude, but I just feel like they tried to make it look old and futuristic, and did a god-awful job of it. It can't compare to the new body of the Mustang, IMO.

I just can't stand the new look. AT ALL.
#185075 - 08/30/07 11:30 AM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I love how he shows the lack of sales on the RTs, GTs etc. The manufacturers know the high perf models are low number sellers. The V6s will far out sell and will keep the cars in the market. How do you think the mustang lasted so long? 80% of the mustangs and chargers sold are V6s.

The interior of the new Camaro is for show only. The ugly colors won't be there on the production model.
#185076 - 08/30/07 04:41 PM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
Challenger > Camaro

I can see a Challenger on the road and looking like it belongs there. I cant say the same about the new Camaro.
#185077 - 08/31/07 03:47 AM Re: ahahh what a dork read it youll see
Acefighter Offline
I can agree with that.

And at night, the Mustangs with the big fog lamps, when they've got all four lights on, look mean when they're coming at you...lol