Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191634 - 08/18/08 04:49 PM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
Jason M. Offline
Loc: Huber Heights, OH
Quote:
Originally posted by '01 GT:
thats the one i wanted but i was told by many people that it didnt fit all the factory holes and that u needed to drill more where the back of the spoiler goes over the back side of the trunk lid
The blue car is mine. I didn't have any issues mounting the spoiler and it does use the stock holes. The only difference between the stock spoiler and that one is that the stock one has studs that you put the nuts on to tighten. The SLP GTX Gen.2 spoiler has screws that you tighten down. Makes it a little hard to mount by yourself. I'm sure that i have pics somewhere of the inside of the truck lid. I have a trunk mat on the decklid now, so i can't take pics.
#191635 - 08/18/08 04:51 PM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
Jason M. Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by GP GT GUY:
yeah he's also got katskins leather on the inside... it's so tight
Yes, keith's car is awesome. It sucks being at a carshow with him, because he's gonna win (i vote for him as well).

The Bonneville GXP rims are awesome. Pics don't do the car justice.
#191636 - 08/18/08 07:31 PM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
I would've liked to go to this but couldn't.

Who else in Ohio is running a CSC? I'm guessing that pic wasn't an ohioan...
#191637 - 08/18/08 08:59 PM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason M.:
Quote:
[b] thats the one i wanted but i was told by many people that it didnt fit all the factory holes and that u needed to drill more where the back of the spoiler goes over the back side of the trunk lid
The blue car is mine. I didn't have any issues mounting the spoiler and it does use the stock holes. The only difference between the stock spoiler and that one is that the stock one has studs that you put the nuts on to tighten. The SLP GTX Gen.2 spoiler has screws that you tighten down. Makes it a little hard to mount by yourself. I'm sure that i have pics somewhere of the inside of the truck lid. I have a trunk mat on the decklid now, so i can't take pics. [/b]
hmmm so you didnt have to drill any extra holes? WOW im mad! lol i wanted that spoiler sooo bad but didnt want to drill any extra holes....hmph!! mad

which car in those pics had a CSC?! confused

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#191638 - 08/19/08 10:35 AM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
lol just sell sd wing for extra cash then get what you want. lol

Me too... I have no idea what is CSC too.
#191639 - 08/19/08 10:54 AM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
'01 GT Offline
CSC is a Belt driven turbo system. I just wasnt able to see which car had it on.

i might decide to sell it but i dont have the box that it came in to ship it out again.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#191640 - 08/19/08 11:04 AM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
Jason M. Offline
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] thats the one i wanted but i was told by many people that it didnt fit all the factory holes and that u needed to drill more where the back of the spoiler goes over the back side of the trunk lid
The blue car is mine. I didn't have any issues mounting the spoiler and it does use the stock holes. The only difference between the stock spoiler and that one is that the stock one has studs that you put the nuts on to tighten. The SLP GTX Gen.2 spoiler has screws that you tighten down. Makes it a little hard to mount by yourself. I'm sure that i have pics somewhere of the inside of the truck lid. I have a trunk mat on the decklid now, so i can't take pics. [/b]
hmmm so you didnt have to drill any extra holes? WOW im mad! lol i wanted that spoiler sooo bad but didnt want to drill any extra holes....hmph!! mad

which car in those pics had a CSC?! confused [/b]
I got that spoiler as soon as it came out. Unless they changed something, then it should work. I know that other spoilers don't lineup, but his one did for me.

Not aware of any car that has a CSC. I know that there was a top end swap GT (white), rear turbo GT (bronze mist), MP112 GTP (white), top end swap (red) this may be it? and a turbo GTP (blue pace car). I'll have my Gen.5 swap w/ the LS1 TB and SLP MAF sometime soon, but other than that, i thought none of them had any kind of mods, atleast like the CSC.
#191641 - 08/19/08 11:06 AM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
Jason M. Offline
Quote:
CSC is a Belt driven turbo system. I just wasnt able to see which car had it on.

i might decide to sell it but i dont have the box that it came in to ship it out again.
I thought that was a centrifical super charger? I only read about it a few times, so i may be wrong.
#191642 - 08/19/08 11:08 AM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
Jason M. Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
Looks like a great meet...quite a few VERY nice looking GPs...I'm with Dre, that white GTP with the white bullitts is hot!...thats not saying there werent plenty of other lookers there to be sure cool

I sure hope there is good bunch at Carlisle next year. Ohio is pretty close to west PA...maybe you guys can make the run.
PM me info on this show and i'll post it on goclub and see what everyone thinks. We'll atleast add it to our calendar.
#191643 - 08/19/08 11:09 AM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
01 GT: maybe some of people buy knockoff spoiler that what some of them need to drill it. Remember my old warped slp 1 spoiler? man, that's horrible lol I'm glad it was put behind.
#191644 - 08/19/08 11:26 AM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
'01 GT Offline
Quote:
Quote:
[b] CSC is a Belt driven turbo system. I just wasnt able to see which car had it on.

I thought that was a centrifical super charger? I only read about it a few times, so i may be wrong. [/b]
well from what i have read and saw it is a centrifical super charger but is basically like having a belt driven turbo...

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#191645 - 08/20/08 09:17 AM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Tim has got it on the nose... a CSC is in fact a centrifical super charger and for that matter so is a turbo charger. The only difference being one is driven by exhaust gases and the other by a belt, thereby eliminating the need for the extra exhaust plumbing. Paxton superchargers have been around for years and they are essentially the same thing. The setup simply poses more problems on the GP due to cramped underhood confines and the drivebelts being on the opposite side of the engine.

CSCs offer a few benefits over roots type blower. The boost level builds like turbo thereby making less shock to the trans...but boost comes on faster than a turbo setup since it doesnt have to wait for the exhaust turbine to spool. I believe it has less parasitic drag than a roots blower as well.

A pretty hot lick setup if you can float the change.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#191646 - 08/20/08 09:21 AM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
'01 GT Offline
haha i was hoping i was right...haha

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#191647 - 08/20/08 01:55 PM Re: Greater Ohio Club Grand Prix (car show.. 56k)
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Nice pics!
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3