Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191948 - 06/30/09 08:01 PM Re: Junkyard parts
jlindahl2571 Offline
Loc: Massachusetts
I think its got a leak or something and its all bubbly and white on the inside. I'm probably just gunna run to the junkyard myself before I buy anything on here and save myself the shipping costs.

Is depo just the brand of the tail light? I'll let you know if I don't find anything at the junkyard. Thanks for the offer.
#191949 - 06/30/09 08:33 PM Re: Junkyard parts
black99gtp Offline
Loc: Chicago Suburbs
yes depo is the brand, i bought it at Certi-fit, it's an auto store that sells car parts for like 1/2 the price of oem parts from a dealer and they like pretty much the same.

If you want a light that's perfect I'm not the guy to look to, but If you just want a replacement that has some declamation you can have it pretty cheap, or you can have the depo light that looks brand new but has a small leak and try to fix it. Both options wouldn't cost you much

#191950 - 07/01/09 11:43 AM Re: Junkyard parts
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I'm trying sell the taillight bottom as set unless someone need driver tail. Top taillights of picture are already sold to black99gtp (right tail) & acefighter (left tail).

I hope you find good taillight at junk yard in your area.
#191951 - 07/03/09 08:35 AM Re: Junkyard parts
palsut Offline
Now, I see they add other 2000 GTP this week. Not sure if it is engine fire again or wrecked. I will be busy this weekend so I won't be there. Of course they probably closed tomorrow too. I will see next weekend.

Now all tails from picture are sold.

Remember my junk yard is very cheap. Probably beat Morad's price too.

Example Morad's ONE tailight cost like $50 what I have seen on ebay last time. Mine cost $17.99.

Oh I can't help like hood. I have no truck to carry the hood. All I have 2 cars but I can get front or rear bumpers since they are fit inside of my car. lol

If any interesting for this GTP and don't know what cost. Take a look at link in 1st page for many parts price.
#191952 - 07/03/09 09:14 AM Re: Junkyard parts
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
i need a pcm from an 04+ also an 85mm maf, Please PM me and i can get you the years of cars they came on
#191953 - 07/03/09 07:14 PM Re: Junkyard parts
palsut Offline
Sorry 4drgt. You have to wait for that next year. U pull and pay only have 6 years old model to older.

For example... This year is 2009 - 6 years = 2003. That's highest year for 2003 cars right now. They carry 2003 to older models for now. Sorry about that. frown

I want to get 04+ seat belt clicker because my 97-03 seat belt clicker is too short when I have my 04+ leather seat set. Moard won't sell that because seat belt clicker is belong with air bag system. Sound like bs to me? :rolleyes: From other member who installed 04+ leather seat on his car. All I see 1 bolt on it. Where is air bag? It doesn't make sense to me. I will patient to wait to get mine next year.

(look at time clicking..... sure time will flying soon to reach 2010) laugh
#191954 - 07/03/09 07:43 PM Re: Junkyard parts
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by palsut:

I want to get 04+ seat belt clicker because my 97-03 seat belt clicker is too short when I have my 04+ leather seat set. Moard won't sell that because seat belt clicker is belong with air bag system. Sound like bs to me? :rolleyes: From other member who installed 04+ leather seat on his car. All I see 1 bolt on it. Where is air bag? It doesn't make sense to me. I will patient to wait to get mine next year.

Never heard that before, but it makes sense. I'm sure there is wiring to a sensor that deploys the airbags in an accident if the seatbelt is clicked in, and if it isn't, then it is assumed that no one is in the seat and the airbag will not go off in an accident.
#191955 - 07/03/09 08:03 PM Re: Junkyard parts
palsut Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
[b]

Never heard that before, but it makes sense. I'm sure there is wiring to a sensor that deploys the airbags in an accident if the seatbelt is clicked in, and if it isn't, then it is assumed that no one is in the seat and the airbag will not go off in an accident. [/b]
I think you are right. I never thought about that. There is wire for my 04+ leather seat. It is yellow plug. He told me it is for air bag and you don't need to use that. I throw yellow plug away. Now, it does make sense. Bummer that they won't find seat belt clicker for me.

There is power seat wire with air bag yellow plug. Right now it is gone because I took it off.

I guess I need to learn more for "new" model. wink
#191956 - 07/03/09 08:04 PM Re: Junkyard parts
4drgt Offline
you can still get me an 85 mm maf
#191957 - 07/03/09 08:09 PM Re: Junkyard parts
palsut Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
you can still get me an 85 mm maf
Do you have picture of them? It might easy to spot. I believe it is air intake right? I will have to see next weekend since I have plan for holiday weekend. Hopefully it is not engine fire. Is that for GTP only? Just wonder because other 1998 SE model have n/a supercharger 3800 engine. It is pretty good shape.

*edit* I found that info. I see you are looking for rubber thing that connect airtake.

Correct me if I'm wrong. That's what I found this link.

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=190&catid=113
#191958 - 07/03/09 08:44 PM Re: Junkyard parts
Richard Candelario Offline
Yellow ABS connectors is the industry's way of saying "Hey, dumb [butt], you about to go [effin] around with yer airbags! hold up unless you know what you about to do!"

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#191959 - 07/04/09 01:49 AM Re: Junkyard parts
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Quote:
[b]

Never heard that before, but it makes sense. I'm sure there is wiring to a sensor that deploys the airbags in an accident if the seatbelt is clicked in, and if it isn't, then it is assumed that no one is in the seat and the airbag will not go off in an accident. [/b]
I don't think so, though I don't know for sure. But I've seen plenty of pictures of wrecks where both airbags deployed, and the only person in the car was the driver. *shrugs*
#191960 - 07/04/09 09:13 AM Re: Junkyard parts
4drgt Offline
palsut i need just the maf it self, no rubber boot no wires off the car just the maf, i know they came on 6.0 Trucks, and Corvettes and such, i can get you a part number if you would like, so you can check the part number to see if its correct
#191961 - 07/04/09 09:18 AM Re: Junkyard parts
palsut Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]

I don't think so, though I don't know for sure. But I've seen plenty of pictures of wrecks where both airbags deployed, and the only person in the car was the driver. *shrugs* [/b]
Well now I do remember. My dad have 2006 Pontiac G6. When my dad start the engine. I didn't sit pass seat yet. It was shown pass. air bag off light. When I sit on it. The pass. seat belt light on to warning me wear the seat belt. I click it and the light went off but I see pass. air bag start turn on. It is kind like save air bag if single driver crash. Kind like pointless if I'm driving my car alone and pass air bag blown up for no reason if I don't have pass. with me. Of course it saved lot of money too.

There is picture of my dad's car warning light.

It is kind cool. I think it was pretty good move from GM. I guess Morad is right about seat belt go to air bag that they want to sell with air bag system. Oh well. I will wait for next year to get mine.
#191962 - 07/05/09 01:00 PM Re: Junkyard parts
palsut Offline
Hey 98greengt... can you post (56K warning) on subject. I figure this pictures will help them to what they want to get.

So far I have 4 grand prix on my local junk yard. It could be more later in future. I will keep eye on inventory every Friday. Week is bad time for me because of course working. The weekend is only time I can do that.

Since it was raining all day yesterday and some today so my plan was cancelled. I went to junk yard to snap some pictures and took 1 part for my car that I need today.

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix SE (3800 engine no supercharger and 4 doors) It was T-bone bad on pass. side.

*edit* gone

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE (3100 engine and 4 doors) It was blown tire on right front with all 4 bald tires. This is PAINTED torque star rims.