Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191984 - 07/17/09 12:18 AM dog seizure/ getting bit
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
well my dog ( 8 year old golden retriever) had a seizure today. it was the first time we know of that she has had one frown
it scarred the crap out of me, it was 8 this morning and she started having it, i dident know what to do, i made sure she dident bump into anything( she was laying in the middle of the floor.

after it was all over she laid there a minute and looked ok
so i went to pet her and BAM she tore my left index finger open( puncture wound down to my finger bone) about 3 min later she was able to walk and i had my finger bleeding under control so i loaded her in the car to get her to vet She seemed normal at this time ( 5-10 min after the seizure)
they observed her for the day and nothing else happened
they said about 30% dogs have atleast one during their life ( most aren't seen because they happen at night)
and if it happens again then they can try medication

shes fine now but it scared the crap out of me, shes my baby, it was the worst feeling in the world watching her do that

i just needed to tell someone my story get it off my chest

and has anyone else have anything like this happen to them?

PS the hospital wouldn't stitch my finger because of possible infection, and they put me on anti-biotic s but when they cleaned it o boy let me tell you that HURT so much, my face had to look like this kooky

time for a beer

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#191985 - 07/17/09 12:23 AM Re: dog seizure/ getting bit
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
Thats kind of sad seeing your pet do that.

Glad shes better now.