Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192224 - 12/14/07 04:17 AM I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Hey, I just got back from seeing the midnight showing of the new Will Smith movie, I Am Legend, and just wanted to say that it was a great movie, and if any of you are considering seeing, you should. I've always been a fan of Will Smith's movie's, and he didn't let down this time.

That is all.
#192225 - 12/14/07 11:41 PM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
i cant wait to see it... i think will smith is my favorite actor because i like every movie he is in...

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#192226 - 12/15/07 11:30 AM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
D Bold Offline
Loc: Warwick, RI
awesome some more motivation to spend 10.25 a ticket at the movie theatre...i really want to see this movie...maybe ill fork over the cash
#192227 - 12/15/07 11:46 AM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
chotchie Offline
Loc: providence RI
i cant go to theatres, i fall asleep

tranny cooling kit and shift kit,valve cover breather,3.25 MPS,MSD coilpacks,K&N open cone,pacesetters,40 series FM,1.9 rockers w/ 105 springs,MSP"TBv2" poly mounts,180* T-stat,NGK TR6 v-groove,N* TB,EGR delete,42# injectors,ported eaton blower.
#192228 - 12/15/07 12:15 PM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
Acefighter Offline
Man, I went to the midnight showing, after opening at work that day, WITH being sick, and didn't have any problems... lol
#192229 - 12/17/07 12:04 PM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I didnt like it at all..... The last 10 min, horrible IMO, could have been better, but just not for me.
#192230 - 12/17/07 03:48 PM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
i thought it was an amazing movie!!!! i would actualy see it again

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#192231 - 12/17/07 08:55 PM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
I didnt like it at all..... The last 10 min, horrible IMO, could have been better, but just not for me.
The ending was kind of...eh. But I don't think it ruined the movie, though.

The book is actually very different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_am_legend

I'm waiting on the library to have an available copy. laugh
#192232 - 12/18/07 08:50 AM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
i thought it was an ok movie kinda weird to see will smith die... opps did i say that haha... the end was kinda odd ... my only question that i had was yea they have the cure but everyone in that area are fine so what the point? and how in the world did they build the wall of china around that area so quick?
#192233 - 12/19/07 01:32 PM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
Acefighter Offline
I told my friend before we even hit the parking lot that night that even though there was only one book, Hollywood is so sequel-happy that it wouldn't surprise me if they made a sequel.

Sure enough, I got home, and they are talking about another one. We agreed that it just wouldn't be the same without Smith. But one of the guys at work told me that night that Smith is going to be in it, although I kinda doubt he knows what he's talking about.
#192234 - 12/19/07 06:02 PM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
I liked the movie but I did notice several director flaws.

**Spoilers**

1) He drove a clean mustang. How did he get it clean and why waste gas? Guess if I was alone, I'd wouldn't care either. The real director's flaw was all those cars looked fairly clean.

2) That bacon was still good after 3+ years??!?! Ewww!!

3) I can see people all working together to build walls that huge around their complex even with necessary equipment. But several WIND GENERATORS?? aw, come on!

4) Why was that woman driving toward the peer in the middle of the night. Even if she waited earlier, it was getting dark.

5) How is an infected crazy guy able to control two infected dogs and set an intricate trap? The dogs know about obedience and he is able to create a trap like that?

6) The CGI graphics were eh. The infected guys mouth opening THAT wide was the worst thing in the movie.

7) Correct me if I'm wrong but how would an SR-71 be on a carrier on the NY peer???

Even with these three items, I still enjoyed the movie. It's not one of my top favorites though.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#192235 - 12/20/07 02:04 AM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
Acefighter Offline
The SR-71 and the carrier is an exhibit. It's the USS Intrepid

As for the woman, she said she'd been waiting there all day. It's possible she'd just left minutes earlier, and heard the really loud exhaust on that Expedition. Something tells me that with everyone gone, you could hear it quite a ways away. wink

Why waste gas? Why not? And if I had a Shelby GT500 like that (not a Mustang), I'd keep it clean, even if I had no one to show it off to.

As for the trap, I kinda wondered that myself. He IS clearly the leader of the infected people, and he's obviously stronger, it's possible he's smarter too. He can learn from Smith's character, maybe. But still, it's a stretch....

And three items? I count seven... confused crazy lol

But dude, come on, it's a movie, not a documentary! It doesn't have to be 100% accurate.
#192236 - 12/20/07 06:06 AM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
I thought the movie was decent, but the ending really was the worst part. Just outta nowhere, bam, it was done. Not a good conclusion to a good movie. The storyline was good though and it kept my interest.

Probably would recommend it, but only as a rental

'97 SE with alot of mods
#192237 - 12/20/07 10:26 AM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
The SR-71 and the carrier is an exhibit. It's the USS Intrepid

As for the woman, she said she'd been waiting there all day. It's possible she'd just left minutes earlier, and heard the really loud exhaust on that Expedition. Something tells me that with everyone gone, you could hear it quite a ways away. wink

Why waste gas? Why not? And if I had a Shelby GT500 like that (not a Mustang), I'd keep it clean, even if I had no one to show it off to.

As for the trap, I kinda wondered that myself. He IS clearly the leader of the infected people, and he's obviously stronger, it's possible he's smarter too. He can learn from Smith's character, maybe. But still, it's a stretch....

And three items? I count seven... confused crazy lol

But dude, come on, it's a movie, not a documentary! It doesn't have to be 100% accurate.
The list was three but I remembered more while I was typing.
I know its a movie and its not to be analyzed like that. The date I was with annoyed me. Even though she has a high IQ and can articulate even the most complex situation, she kept asking me questions through the movie. "What's that stuff he pouring on the steps? Why did he capture it? Do you think he killed the dog?" No, I am not exaggerating. frown . After a while I kept saying "I don't know".

Thanks for the SR-71 verification. As for the Mustang, once gas goes, its gone forever. I'd stock up on fuel stablizers and drive a powerful yet fuel efficient car. But eh, it isn't like he was driving across town. The other items (bacon and the infected monster's gooey jaw) kinda ruined it for me. Still, its just a movie.

BTW: Rumor has it a sequel is being discussed. This is probably why it ended that way. Anyone else noticed the Bob Marley reference as it relates to the title i.e., the CD is called "Legend".

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#192238 - 12/20/07 03:01 PM Re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers? not from me though)
Acefighter Offline
I know what you mean about how someone your with can ruin a movie for you...been there. lol

Yea, rumor has it the sequel will be set 10 years further in the future.

And I do have a question....what WAS that stuff he poured on the steps? It's probably painfully obvious, but it went right over my head...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >