Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#197768 - 08/24/07 07:53 PM Re: what would you choose?
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
also a lexus is300 around a 2001 you can pick them up for cheeper around 13,000 or so ... they are sweet looking rides
#197769 - 08/24/07 07:53 PM Re: what would you choose?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
If the G8 is as big as Im hoping that will take care of my DDing. If it's comparable in size to the GP well then I just may look at a cross over. Those Nissan Murano's always catch my eye.
#197770 - 08/24/07 08:01 PM Re: what would you choose?
Stauffie'sGTP Offline
Loc: Illionis
Personally...i've driving the G6's...wasn't impressed at all..i will say that they are about the ONLY car i think looks ugly with two doors and good with four doors...but even the GT didn't have the sporty feel like a Grand Prix does...i think if i could afford to get a DD, i'd get a 08 Silverado, black, extended cab...dunno if i'd get 4x4 or 2wd...either way they can hual anything...plenty of room for people in the back seat...and with the 5.3L V8 w/ active fuel mangement and flexfuel capabilies they can get 15-20 CITY and around 25 highway...thats as good as some of our GP's are getting...and if you upgrade to 18-20" rims they don't look like the have to big of wheel wells... thats what i'd do... thumbsup

~Stauffie
#197771 - 08/24/07 08:04 PM Re: what would you choose?
Kev-GTP Offline
Loc: Dallas, Tx
What about a Saab? My dad works at a dealership that sells them and they are pretty cool cars. The resale value on them isn't that great so you could probably find one for cheap, and they make a lot of stick shifts so it would still be fun to drive. They get great gas mialage and most of them come with little turbos.

I'm just saying that's what I would do...
#197772 - 08/24/07 08:05 PM Re: what would you choose?
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
a saab 93turbo would be sweet ... but i have herd alot of poeple say that they are dogs .. even with the turbo they arnt the fastest car out there
#197773 - 08/24/07 08:09 PM Re: what would you choose?
20gtp02 Offline
I would like to turn my grand prix or the new G8 into my DD and have the other for a toy. Either way I am happy! cheers Right?!

#197774 - 08/24/07 08:19 PM Re: what would you choose?
Kev-GTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 4drgt:
a saab 93turbo would be sweet ... but i have herd alot of poeple say that they are dogs .. even with the turbo they arnt the fastest car out there
He doesn't want anything faster than the GP just something to drive everyday. I was just looking at them and the saabs arent that expensive and they seem to be pretty reliable.

Here is a 2000 9-5:
#197775 - 08/24/07 08:27 PM Re: what would you choose?
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
My friend has a 01 9-3 stickshift and it has so many moving parts on it just waiting to get broken. Even the damn cupholder is motorized. And if you don't have a Saab dealer near you, you are SCREWED. She has to drive for over an hour to get to the nearest one to us for a recall repair soon.

That car has had numerous problems including something with the tranny, but none that ever really crippled it though. Personally, I would never even consider one. I beat the tar out of that car in my GT, but whoever cares about racing stuff in your DD if you have a weekend car has their priorites a little messed up.
#197776 - 08/24/07 09:24 PM Re: what would you choose?
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
If I were looking for a DD with utility and decent gas milage, I would look at the Magnum. Not everyones cup of tea, but you have a couple of engines and trim levels to choose from. You can buy used to save money.

Not sure how you feel about foreign, you might look at CR-V or RAV-4, I'm not a big fan of foreign though.

Right now if I had the money to buy a fun car itd be the 2004 VW Golf R32.
#197777 - 08/24/07 09:37 PM Re: what would you choose?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
oh phooey on sifting around for more pics...you guys know what these cars look like.

I like the room and utility of the Dodge Magnum...plus wagons give you hauling space without the cramped engine bay of many crossovers or minivans. The new Taurus X is in a similar category.

For sedans I like the Bonneville, which I've always had a soft spot for but it does lack a fold down back seat...but it has reliable 3.8 power and I love the interior comfort.
Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300M (not crazy about the 300C) are both roomy with fold down seats and decent space...I do like the 04-up GP but I'm scared the mod bug will kill me with another GP for aforementioned reasons.

The Pontiac Torrent and the new Ford Edge offer possibilites with decent room, mileage and comfort but are still fairly new and therefore pricey. I love the utility and mileage we have gotten from our Montana minivan but thats hers and has a column shifter anyways.

Now everyone back away from your keyboards and grab your hurling bag before I mention the next vehicle.
V6 power, good mileage,plenty of space and cargo area, console shifter, HUD, fold down tailgate and depressed resale value offers a good price. I'll be the first to admit its as homely as they come but that offers a poison that is lethal to the mod bug...Pontiac Aztek.

remember, mules have long been used not for their looks or grace but because they are good workers...I once read an auto review that called the Aztek a "trans am for soccer moms" which I personally find laughable but is easily the most complimentary thing I've ever heard said about the vehicle. I suppose I see it as a "sporty" version of my wifes minivan. (that aint sayin much)...but it has been dependable, economical and it has hauled the mail more times than I can count.

all of the above vehicles will also accept my chrome bullitts if I decide to swap around wheels.

(wait for it...this ought to bring some interesting responses) crazy

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#197778 - 08/24/07 10:02 PM Re: what would you choose?
Kev-GTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:

Now everyone back away from your keyboards and grab your hurling bag before I mention the next vehicle.
V6 power, good mileage,plenty of space and cargo area, console shifter, HUD, fold down tailgate and depressed resale value offers a good price. I'll be the first to admit its as homely as they come but that offers a poison that is lethal to the mod bug...Pontiac Aztek.
I won't lie, I laughed out loud when I read this, but you do prove a good point, so I won't bash you if you get one, becuase it would make a great (not great looking) DD. Please do not get a ford, I think you might regret that one. Good luck with it t-bat...
#197779 - 08/24/07 11:07 PM Re: what would you choose?
Richard Candelario Offline
My weekend toy would probably be a 85 Firebird. Wonder if I'll ever be able to own and drive one...

weekend toy: some classic GM muscle or my dream car: 94 Impala SS w/454 LSx/T56 swap

new DD so GP is weekend: Imapala SS, Bonneville, G8, Malibu (maybe).

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#197780 - 08/24/07 11:39 PM Re: what would you choose?
Baby Grand Offline
Loc: Edmonton, AB
My daily driver is an 88 chev Silverado reg cab long box. 350 auto. It keeps the miles down on my G.P. and i don't mind taking my dog in it. A truck as a second vehicle is perfect, the best of both worlds. Biggest problem I have is not spending money on mods for both vehicles. [img] [img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/BabyGrandPrixano/th_mytruck.jpg[/img] [/IMG]
#197781 - 08/24/07 11:49 PM Re: what would you choose?
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Mazda CX-7

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#197782 - 08/25/07 03:26 AM Re: what would you choose?
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
I would keep my GP for my DD, and get a new GTO to be my "toy." laugh laugh
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >