Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#197783 - 08/25/07 10:20 AM Re: what would you choose?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Thanks for the laughs Kev...I'll be honest, I laugh at myself every time I look at one...it kind of like a bathtub...you dont mind sitting in it, you just dont want anyone to see you there. lol

I have thought about just continuing to use the GP as my DD but i love the car so much I just cant bring myself to "drive it into the ground" while a newer car sits with barely any miles on it...add to that I make a mental note of all the times I borrow the wife's van for all sorts of things.
I agree with LoneZerg (any relation to Emperor Zurg?...sorry, just had to ask laugh )...the CX-7 would be a decent choice...one of the better looking SUVs out there...the Mazda5 is an interesting option as well...had even thought about a PT Cruiser, with the rear seats out it has decent hauling space, good interior comfort and both my Mom and best friend own one and they have been virtually trouble free...lots of them out there for good prices as well.

the other little petty issue I have is my "Bat-brain"...what will I name my new DD?

Dodge Magnum, Charger or 300M...."RumbleBat"
Bonneville......................."BatLimo"
GXP.............................."BadBatTaxi"
Aztek............................"Batztek" lol

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#197784 - 08/25/07 04:11 PM Re: what would you choose?
snowrider900 Offline
Loc: Owatonna mn

tough choice's...lol, but I think a p/u would be something i would like to have as a DD, or a backup veh., ever try to move with just a car??, not a good idea..lol
#197785 - 08/25/07 04:14 PM Re: what would you choose?
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
tbat out of your list the one i like the most on that is the gxp
#197786 - 08/25/07 04:27 PM Re: what would you choose?
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
I say magnum with the hemi.
#197787 - 08/25/07 08:00 PM Re: what would you choose?
98greenGT Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
I know I'm gonna get completely destroyed for posting what I'm about to say on this forum but if I could have any car I would probably chose a Mustang. Either the 94-96 Cobra, 99-04 Cobra, or an 05+ GT. I've always been a huge Ford fan and was planning on making my first car a Mustang (most likely a V6 though, insurance isn't too friendly on 16 year olds with Mustangs) but when my grandpa decided to get a new car and gave me a great deal on a 98 in great condition, perfectly maintained with only 72,000 miles I couldn't pass it up. I will say that this car has changed my opinion about non-Ford vehicles and probably will result in me owning a Grand Prix until insurance goes down when I turn 25.

Tbat-I know you were just thinking out loud when you said Pontiac Torrent but I definitely do not recommend that car. My Aunt and Uncle own one and they love it (coming from an old CR-V) but the interior quality is awful. Everything from door panels to the dash is ugly, hard plastic. The exterior is very attractive but that interior quality really killed this car. Again I know you're not seriously considering this car at all but just though I'd throw my 2 cents in.

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
WizAired CAI, Impala 12" Brake Upgrade, ZZP Alternator Rewire and Voltage Booster, Rotated Dogbone Mounts, Kicker KS690 6x9s, JBL GTO427 4s, JBL P652S 6.5s
2001 Ford F150 XLT SuperCab
Stock, LineX, 212K
#197788 - 08/26/07 10:35 AM Re: what would you choose?
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
i third the Magnum. I drove one on a roadtrip through florida once. And that thing hauled and had an exhaust note that was amazing, but really quite. i loved that car.
#197789 - 08/26/07 01:49 PM Re: what would you choose?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
What about the Pontiac Vibe. Iirc you can even get it in AWD.
#197790 - 08/26/07 02:17 PM Re: what would you choose?
ThunderBat Offline
you know the Vibe might be thought...but my wife likes it as well...if I were to get one I can see her stealing it from me crazy

#197791 - 08/26/07 03:45 PM Re: what would you choose?
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I agree with LoneZerg (any relation to Emperor Zurg?...sorry, just had to ask laugh )...
Actually, here's a picture of how you will *usually* see zerglings

And here's a close-up shot of one

You will never find just *one* zergling, as they are small and weak.

So if you see one zergling, you can bet your *** there are at least a hundred more waiting to strike

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#197792 - 08/26/07 09:19 PM Re: what would you choose?
ThunderBat Offline
thats one butt ugly creature or as AH-nold said in "Predator"...you one ugly mutha @#%&*...so your GP's green color actually takes on a dragon like personality...but we wont go there since that is very oriental and therefore bordering on ricey...I think its very interesting what makes people choose a screen name...very unique choice...just like your ride thumbsup

(we may have to play with some artwork on that...I do still like the "Mad Max Interceptor" tho)

#197793 - 08/26/07 11:05 PM Re: what would you choose?
Richard Candelario Offline
being the resident Mad Max wouldnt be too bad. Since folks who remember Mad Max are few and far between (either from choice, year of birth, or exposure), it would also be a good conversation starter...TBat, I think you might be on to something.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#197794 - 08/27/07 10:39 PM Re: what would you choose?
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
For my next car I always thought about the maxima or altima or the legacy gt spec B, love those cars.
#197795 - 09/01/07 01:03 PM Re: what would you choose?
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
daily driver this the exact car im looking into buying

#197796 - 09/01/07 03:38 PM Re: what would you choose?
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
You're looking at a boxster with 127,XXX miles on it that has an automatic? Doesnt seem like the ideal porsche but if its what you want, go for it.
#197797 - 09/02/07 05:13 AM Re: what would you choose?
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
If you don't already have a pickup, I would recommend one.
The only problem with owning a pickup is you will be called on a regular basis to help move something.
I like the Mid Sized Chevy Colorado, or GMC Canyon.... You can get them Standard Cab, Extended Cab, or Crew Cab... The only problem that I see with this line is the wheelbase doesn't change, so the more cab space you get, the shorter the bed gets.

http://pdxcgp.com
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >