Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198256 - 01/30/08 03:39 PM friend needs some advice
Spartan Offline
Loc: Charlott, NC
well my friend got pulled over yesterday doind 79 in a 55. he's only 16 and has had his license for like a few months, since october. he's probably going to have his lincense revoked, but is there anything that he can do to prevent that? his court date is set for early march. granted he isn't the best driver, i still wanna try and help him out since he's like my best friend. so any advice? anyone else been in a similar situation? and i know that laws are probably specific to NC.
#198257 - 01/30/08 03:42 PM Re: friend needs some advice
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
he wont get his licence taken away if its his first ticket, will only get a fine and points on his licence. they cant take licences away unless you have a certain amount of points on it, i belive what he will recieve is a 4 point ticket for "wreckless" driving because it was 20+ over the limit. limit on licences here in michigan is 8 points. not sure where your from.
#198258 - 01/30/08 04:02 PM Re: friend needs some advice
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Me and my ex-g/f took a vacation to NC like 2 years ago. She got caught for speeding in NC and went down to the courthouse to pay the fine a couple days later. The lady at the desk took out a sheet of paper that took off 5 MPH from the recorded speed that the police officer wrote on the ticket. She went from a $200 ticket to a $150 ticket with that paper and sig. Don't know how many points she got on her license.

Hope these links help you out somehow:
http://www.speedingticketcentral.com/North-Carolina-speeding-ticket.html

http://ncdot.org/dmv/driver_services/drivershandbook/chapter3/points.html

#198259 - 01/30/08 05:26 PM Re: friend needs some advice
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Do a search on Google on "how to get out of a speeding ticket."

There are lots of sites that help you. Basically, though, keep putting the date off. The longer you get them to push the date back, the less likely the cop is to show up, which is an automatic win for you.

Also, you can go to the courthouse and request to see all of the officers papers, such as the last time his radar was calibrated. If any of it is missing, it's also an automatic win.

Like I said, do a search, you'll have plenty of sites.
#198260 - 01/30/08 06:33 PM Re: friend needs some advice
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
plea insanity !!
#198261 - 01/30/08 07:11 PM Re: friend needs some advice
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
In Arizona, that wont get ur license revoked. You will get a fine, and forced school. My friend got a ticket for 60 in a 25 zone after only a few months of having his license. slap on hand and goto a 8 hour class and pay fine
#198262 - 01/30/08 09:08 PM Re: friend needs some advice
Spartan Offline
alright thanks for the feedback guys. he said that the cop listened too the whole situation he was in with his dad(long story) and would have let him go, exept the county sheriff was in the car as well, so im not sure how that will play into effect.
#198263 - 01/30/08 09:31 PM Re: friend needs some advice
northtnguy Offline
Loc: Nashville, TN
The best thing you can do is tell your friend to SLOW DOWN! eek

I'm sure the officer gave your friend a break since (I think) doing 24 over the speed limit is much better than doing 25+ over the limit (or at least it was when I had friends on the police force). angel

You have to be an idiot to not realize you're going THAT fast when all the other cars are doing the speed limit. hammer

He'll learn by:
1. Keep getting tickets and having an insurance premium that's $1,000/month
2. Having his license suspended

Of course, YMMV ... just my .02

Don
#198264 - 01/30/08 09:38 PM Re: friend needs some advice
Spartan Offline
yeah. i was worried at first thinking that they had set up a speed trap on that road, but turns out he's an idiot and didn't realize the cop was behind him at the stop light.
#198265 - 01/30/08 10:35 PM Re: friend needs some advice
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
lol... definately listen to what ace said... that's probably his best bet

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#198266 - 01/30/08 10:54 PM Re: friend needs some advice
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
yeah, he will probably get like a 250-350 speeding fine, not including court cost if he goes. They also will probably give him a driver improvement course as well.
#198267 - 01/31/08 01:38 PM Re: friend needs some advice
20gtp02 Offline
If it's just a speeding ticket, can he take the class (online..etc). I know in Florida, you have 5 classes to get rid of points. And your insurance cannot go up if you take the class. I took it once. But I am not sure if it will work for wreckless driving. Nor will it work for accidents.

#198268 - 01/31/08 03:24 PM Re: friend needs some advice
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Do a search on Google on "how to get out of a speeding ticket."

There are lots of sites that help you. Basically, though, keep putting the date off. The longer you get them to push the date back, the less likely the cop is to show up, which is an automatic win for you.

Also, you can go to the courthouse and request to see all of the officers papers, such as the last time his radar was calibrated. If any of it is missing, it's also an automatic win.

the cop will always show up going to court for them is like paid overtime vacation unless he didn't want to write the ticket. i got a ticket for attempted criminal trespass for sitting in a parking lot on the local cruise strip with some friends on a friday night. the cop didn't want to give us tickets because we were not causing any problems or playing our music loud but some high ranking officer was with them and made him write the tickets the cop took us aside after the officer left and told us to call on monday and set up court dates and that he would show up and get us out of the tickets. also they dont have to show you any documentation on the calibration of the radar gun because a cop does not have to use the gun he can follow you can keep pace and write the ticket based on his speedometer or he can use the math he is trained in such as telephone poles are required to be a certain distance apart and he can judge your speed by how long it takes you to pass two of them or he can count how many white dashed lines you pass in a certain amount of time and tell how fast you are going.

#198269 - 01/31/08 11:03 PM Re: friend needs some advice
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:
he can use the math he is trained in such as telephone poles are required to be a certain distance apart and he can judge your speed by how long it takes you to pass two of them or he can count how many white dashed lines you pass in a certain amount of time and tell how fast you are going.

Find me a cop that can do that... lol i know a few cop friends and i know they arent that smart

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#198270 - 01/31/08 11:17 PM Re: friend needs some advice
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by GP GT GUY:
Quote:
[b]
he can use the math he is trained in such as telephone poles are required to be a certain distance apart and he can judge your speed by how long it takes you to pass two of them or he can count how many white dashed lines you pass in a certain amount of time and tell how fast you are going.

Find me a cop that can do that... lol i know a few cop friends and i know they arent that smart [/b]
they are trained to do that, my dad was ridiculous at doing that kind of stuff after being on the force for a while
#198271 - 02/01/08 01:56 AM Re: friend needs some advice
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
[b] Do a search on Google on "how to get out of a speeding ticket."

the cop will always show up going to court for them is like paid overtime vacation [/b]
The cop won't ALWAYS show up. With a little bit of skill, you can put off the court date for 2-3 years without a whole lot of trouble. Why would the cop show up 3 years later, especially when he's been told so many dates in the past? And even if he does, he's not going to remember the incident, so you have the advantage of time on your side.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >