Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200608 - 09/02/05 12:14 AM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
what a mess
#200609 - 09/02/05 01:03 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
What irks me alot is the fact that they were told to leave town that their lives were in danger and they ignored the warnings.

One other thing I heard today is that looting for survival supplies ie food water etc is currently legal it's the other goods that they are going to crack down on.

I also for see a small gun battle between the gang bangers and the national guard. And the guard will be bashed for killings fellow Americans just watch.
Ignored warnings: This is typical in some cases. Historically, some people won't leave their homes no matter what the case. This is especially true for the elderly. Their home is their life and its all they know. They feel there is nothing else out there.

Initially, some felt that their brick home can hold up to what's ahead, as with other storms. When they saw what was really happening, then they left.

Also note the local governments also followed standard procedure by issuing a volunteer evacuation on Friday (8/26). A mandatory one was issued on Sunday.

Looters: The pres. issued a zero tolerance policy and mentioned something about shooting when needed. The looters are also seen by Americans as lower than dirt for being hartlessly greedy, causing anarchy, and shooting at rescue copters and boats. Because of this, they are seen in a great light. If they were sent to rescue but just start shooting away w/out orders, then it will be a different story. Note it’s a few people causing the headaches. These gangs, who were always rowdy are just using this as an excuse to go crazy.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#200610 - 09/02/05 01:38 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
There's always a way. If you look hard enough that is.
Even though the very poor didn't have cars, they still found ways to get around (walking, bus, friends). Now that city buses aren't around and friends are all gone, the only options are walking and taking the transport buses.

Some took the transports. The ones that couldn't make it had only one option to leave: walk.

Walk where? They couldn't afford inns and no one would take them in. Hitchhiking isn't an option either. Also, what direction to go? What city or path is not flooded? They don’t know. Some may have been crazy enough to walk w/ supplies. Others stayed with the familiar and hoped things will get better. They are very scared, whith the dead bodies and ruthless gangs everywhere.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#200611 - 09/02/05 08:40 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
to quote Bill O'Reily, if you rely on the government for anything, you are likely to be disappointed.
#200612 - 09/09/05 05:29 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
(Sorry for it being so long)
I saw an update where some police officers were looting for things, but they were looking for things like ammo, etc to aid in their jobs. I have heard some things, but I'm not sure if I buy that one dunno, though. I do know that at times the police were heavily outnumbered, and I guess it could be possible. Just hard to swallow. I was just talking about wishing that I was in a better position to help, I would go down and help cleanup, but I can't. then we had a big meeting at work yesterday, and I get to help out in a very useful way... all our current inventory has either been loaded onto trucks or ordered to be sent to AL, LA, and MS and we have to expedite the production of hundreds of buckets with grapples on them to aid in the cleanup to be finished with in like two weeks or so. I wish that I could help in a different way, but it still feels pretty good, knowing that my work is being used for that!

(For those of you that don't know, I work my full time job at Cat Work Tools, making bucketc for loaders, etc)
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#200613 - 09/20/05 07:56 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
wishitwasaGTP Offline
Loc: Long Beach,MS
hey all its been awhile since ive been on b/c of Katrina. internet just cameback up on sunday. i rode the storm put here andshould have left, but like so many here we've dodged so many bullits nobody thought it was going to be that bad. things get better here everyday but things still wont ever be the same. you all can see it on TV but that just doesnt explain the devestation. My house and all that was in it was washed away since I was about 200 yards off the beach. Im just glad my kids got out of here safe.
#200614 - 09/21/05 07:19 AM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Good luck rebuilding. Where are you now?
#200615 - 09/21/05 08:32 AM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Glad you and yout family are safe.
We're about to get hit by Rita. Austin is about 200 miles away from where she's projected to make land fall. We could see 50-70mph wind gust here. Austin will have damage and power outages. They're predicting wide spread massive damage in Houston. News last night showed 8" of rain per hour in Houston.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#200616 - 09/21/05 05:49 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
wishitwasaGTP Offline
Loc: Long Beach,MS
im still down here, staying w/ friends, b/c i have to work, im military. to tell u the truth austin evacuate. Katrina cause mad damage in north MS as she made her way though, nothing like down here on the coast. better to be safe than sorry. I wish I would have left instead of riding it out. WHAT A RIDE IT WAS!!!! I hope everything goes well for all of u in Rita's path. We ont need to have to portions of the country in the same shape.
#200617 - 09/21/05 06:54 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
yeah Rita is projected to hit waco as a category 1 hurricane. but that is the worst case scenario and only if it hits at just the right angle.

#200618 - 09/21/05 06:59 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Isn't Waco quite a ways north and inland? I'd think it'll weaken faster then that given there's no warm water to fuel it.
#200619 - 09/21/05 07:09 PM Re: Hurricane Katrina...
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
katrina reached even farther inland then waco is and this storm seems to be getting stronger then katrina was.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2