Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202919 - 06/01/10 01:37 PM Tyler Shipman memorial carshow July 23-25, benefits cancer research.
Burgundy2003GT Offline
Loc: Owatonna, MN
Hi everyone, I was lucky enough to be one of the guys who helped build Tyler's car for him. This carshow is close to my heart, I'm not sure if it's ok to post here, but I hope so. If you have any questions you can post them, or email: black85gt@gmail.com
or: synssins@gmail.com
thanks for looking.

Open to all makes and models, all proceeds will be donated to the MeritCare Foundation, Roger Maris Cancer Center research.

In October 2009, a Pontiac Fiero enthusiast by the name of Tyler Shipman was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cancer.
He was 18 years old.
Posting on Pennock's Fiero Forum (www.fiero.nl), Tyler asked for some assistance from the community to finish some work on the car.

The Fiero community responded in force. A soldier serving in Iraq saw Tyler's plea, and stepped up to the plate.
3 weeks after Tyler posted on the forum, 25 people from the Fiero community arrived in Tyler's home town of Frazee, MN.
Supported by literally hundreds of people from the Fiero community, the community of Frazee, MN and the surrounding area, these 25 people, along with countless others rebuilt Tyler's car in a marathon 23 hour rebuild.
The entire build was broadcast publicly on the internet with full video, audio and live chat on www.tylerstoy.com. Needless to say, the chat room was hopping at all hours of the day. All of the build videos are still available on that site, along with news stories.
Tyler has since moved on to the Great Twisties in the sky. A genuine car enthusiast, a genuine person, he will be missed.
Help the Pontiac Fiero community and the town of Frazee, MN celebrate the life and memory of Tyler Shipman at the First Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, July 23rd, 24th, and 25th in Frazee, MN.
All proceeds will be donated to the MeritCare Foundation, Roger Maris Cancer Center research.
Help us spread the word!

July 23rd
9PM ~ 1AM Frazee Street Dance

July 24th - Times are subject to change
9AM Registration & Parking Opens
11AM Show Starts - All Vehicles Welcome!
3PM Trophy Presentations

July 25th
Frazee Turkey Days Parade (Time TBD)
including show cars

Flyer here:
http://www.chalnet.net/images/Tyler/...ow_2010_v2.pdf
or here:
http://www.chalnet.net/images/Tyler/...ow_2010_v2.jpg

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted
Tyler Shipman memorial carshow July 23-25, benefits cancer research. Burgundy2003GT 06/01/10 01:37 PM
Re: Tyler Shipman memorial carshow July 23-25, benefits cancer research. GTPCompG 06/01/10 04:37 PM
Re: Tyler Shipman memorial carshow July 23-25, benefits cancer research. Burgundy2003GT 06/01/10 09:32 PM
Re: Tyler Shipman memorial carshow July 23-25, benefits cancer research. 00grandprixgt 06/01/10 10:05 PM