Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203246 - 04/28/08 06:48 PM What To Do
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
I NEED SOME HELP, I dont know what to do about my slob roomates, I go to a community college, and the apartments I live in are right across the street from the school and they just paired me up with 3 random people, 2 of the people dont work "mom and dad pay for everything" and one works but is a pile of $H#T sorry to say but he is, one of the ones who dosnt work he sits on his ass every day all day watching tv and surfing the net, this kids parents just bought him a new harley, and he has NEVER EVER had to work a day in his life, well here is my problem

1. they dont know how to put there dishes in the diswasher when they are finished, I left for a week and i came back to nothing but PILES AND PILES of dirty smelly dishes. and I ask them to clean them and put them away and they never do it.

2. they allways shut off the heat/ac i woke up this morning and it was 60 deg in my apartment and when it was hot it might be 80 in my apartment. i kindly wrote a note and said can you please leave the temp set at one temp because it costs more in enegry costs to start and stop the ac/heat

They never pick up they drink pop and eat candy all the time and leave the cans and wrapers layen on the floor,

i once got out the vaccum to clean and they looked at me like what are you doing and they didnt even pick up there feet or get off the couch,

speaking of couches they shoved my nice couch out of the way to use a homemade shoping cart couch, pile of crap, they shove my shit away and just leave a mess everywhere

I NEED HELP WHAT CAN I DO BEFORE I SNAP i cant stand living in this smelly nasy as heck apartment.

PS i have to wait until july 28th before my lease is up

and the management at this place SUCKS extreamly bad
#203247 - 04/28/08 07:10 PM Re: What To Do
StreetShaker Offline
Loc: Tyrone, Central PA
i would say screw the lease, and get the eff outta there

i cant stand people like that either

ewwwww

"Mr. Mom"
#203248 - 04/28/08 07:12 PM Re: What To Do
4drgt Offline
i know i really wish i could i just cant make enough at my job for a months rent to move out of there

trust me im working on it but for the time being. i should take pictures just to show everyone what im talken about how nasty it is
#203249 - 04/28/08 07:24 PM Re: What To Do
StreetShaker Offline
Loc: Tyrone, Central PA
you can move to PA and get an apartment, its fairly cheap, you can also get section 8 where im from, believe it or not most of the apartments around here approved for section 8 are nice

some are even houses for rent, with garages.....

BTW LOTS AND LOTS of body shops around ehre

"Mr. Mom"
#203250 - 04/28/08 07:26 PM Re: What To Do
4drgt Offline
i have to finish out school, my buddys gf and me are looken at getten a house 2geather ... she is dealing with the same stuff as me, were i go to school the town sucks.
#203251 - 04/28/08 08:09 PM Re: What To Do
4drgt Offline
note: they have NEVER taken out the trash since i have been there ... and they wonder why we have flys ??
#203252 - 04/28/08 08:38 PM Re: What To Do
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by StreetShaker:
i would say screw the lease, and get the eff outta there

i cant stand people like that either

ewwwww
you cant just say screw the lease. Then youre blacklisted.
#203253 - 04/28/08 08:54 PM Re: What To Do
4drgt Offline
i might end up paying 2 rents, i have to call a place tomarow, hopefuly i can get this home soon
#203254 - 04/28/08 09:01 PM Re: What To Do
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
You are a liar, those guys work with me here in Kansas. LOL

I was told last year that I complained too much about the exact stuff you were talking about. I went ballistic in the bosses office. How is it I am at foult for pointing out the FRIGGIN slobs. These guys are the dayshift funny men, they are smokers too, so they hang with over 1/2 the bosses, they also eat out almost everyday and offer to bring stuff back for others. They only eat out, cause I know theyu have no clean dishes at home, not know how to cook. They even leave their fast food bags on the breakroom table 50% of the time.

After I exploded, and went home, I guess word got out. Others finally spoke up on my behalf. The bosses had a big meeting and just told everyone their momma doesn't work here, so clean up after themselves. Guess what, nothing has changed, but that is OK. I quite taking out the trash except for mine, and I eat at my desk every day.

As for yoru case, sounds like the stress is killing you. There has got to be something in your lease that talks about living conditions, doesn't the college have some free legal council? If not get out, who cares what it costs.
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#203255 - 04/28/08 09:15 PM Re: What To Do
4drgt Offline
most colleges prolly do , myn dosnt, they eat out every day, there parents pay for everything, ahhh and the mangagement dosnt do anything here, why would they if they kick someone out thats less money for them
#203256 - 04/28/08 10:44 PM Re: What To Do
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Do as you're planning: hook up with some friends and rent a house or apartment together. I almost went that route and a lot of people I know do it. Dorms are for the dogs.
#203257 - 04/28/08 10:47 PM Re: What To Do
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Wow, I know you are in hell right now, honestly I can't tell you what to do because when I was in college, I always came across good roomates except my freshman year. He had sex while I was laying in the bed sleep, and I got mad and told him and everything was good because from that point on he made sure the girl had a friend for me to have sex with. cheers

But yea I can't help you with you situation but you should be getting ready to get out of college right because may is almost here so hang in there bud.
#203258 - 04/29/08 11:21 AM Re: What To Do
20gtp02 Offline
I ended up just kept doing what I was doing, cleaning up after people. I would just try your best to get out or complain someone who can actually help you there.

#203259 - 04/29/08 03:52 PM Re: What To Do
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
man that sux... i hope you can get out of there...

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#203260 - 04/30/08 12:28 AM Re: What To Do
elen0841 Offline
Loc: Grand Rapids/Flint, Michigan
we had a room mate like that...all of us help out and we would schedule "cleaning days" where everyone was suppose to help pick up for 15 minutes. Well, this kid would say he has too much homework to do and play video games instead. He never helped cook meals(we usually cook a meal for everyone unlike most college kids who eat ramen noodles) and he never offered to help with anything. It got to the point where me and the 4 other roommates got so sick of him that we just basically ignored him. We went out and didnt tell him/invite him and basically just responded to him with yes or no whenever he talked with us. Finally he moved out and things are going much better now.

Now this might not work for you since you are basically the odd man out. I dont know if ignoring them would get them to start cleaning again. My guess is no...lol

good luck tho!