Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204423 - 08/04/08 03:59 AM Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Link

Mainly near the bottom:
Quote:
When Jeremy drove the mighty Nissan GT-R on Japan's motorway system last week, he barely scratched the surface of its awesome potential. So this week he unleashed it on a proper race track, where its ferocious cornering ability promptly tried to snap his head off.
Basically, the massive grip the car has sprained his neck when he made a hard turn.

Video here

If anyone wants to see how quickly it went around their track, here is the link tothe list. Astounding...a two ton car with a V6 faster than a Porsche Carerra GT, Koenigsegg CCX, and Mercedes McLaren SLR?!

If I was going to buy an import, that would be it. I mean, what red blooded American male wouldn't love a car that not only is fast in a straight line, but can quite literally kill you with a flick of it's tail if you aren't careful in the curves? lol
#204424 - 08/04/08 12:41 PM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Yeah, I watch that guys videos a lot.

He's the same guy that took the Veyron out to Germany on that really long test track straight and topped it out.

Lucky s.o.b.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#204425 - 08/04/08 04:25 PM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
i want that job.
#204426 - 08/05/08 12:04 AM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
me 2

ONlY import i want to own

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#204427 - 08/05/08 02:33 AM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
Acefighter Offline
I think any car guy that watches Top Gear would say they have the greatest job in the world.

lonezergling, last I heard, Clarkson only hit 240 in the Veyron because he ran out of road (ONLY 240...lmao) From what I understand, it was James May, aka Captain Slow, that maxed it out.
#204428 - 08/05/08 06:10 PM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I saw the episode where Capt Slow topped out the Veyron...and it was bloody awesome.

I absolutely love that show and at first I was elated that there was an American version in the works...until I heard the host was to be Adam Corolla...and then I got sick...the LAST thing I want to see is "The Man Show" with cars added in.

Sorry to any fans but it aint my bag of comedy.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#204429 - 08/05/08 08:54 PM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
Acefighter Offline
I've got mixed feelings about the American version. From what I'm reading, it's going to be an EXACT carbon copy of the British version...it's not even going to bring anything new to the table. What's the point? They're already doing it, and doing it well.

A friend of mine got me seasons 1-10, so I'm currently watching the whole series. I'm in season 3 right now. lol The first seasons are good, but not as good as the later ones.
#204430 - 08/05/08 09:02 PM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
where on earth did he get 10 seasons of top gear...oh man I would rip my wallet open for those

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#204431 - 08/05/08 09:08 PM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
Acefighter Offline
I dunno, I doubt he got them legally. LOL I could get season 11 whenever I want, he gets each episode weekly.
#204432 - 08/06/08 02:44 AM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
Acefighter Offline
Jay Leno was actually asked to be the host. He turned it down because:

Quote:
Jay Leno, who originally turned down offers to host the show, expressed concern over whether or not a show like Top Gear could be successful in America.[5][6] In a column published by The Sunday Times,[7] Leno expresses concern that an American version could lack the critical reviews the British version is known for. The British show is produced for the BBC with public funds while the American show will air on commercial television. Leno believes that the show may have to worry about offending current and potential sponsors by giving their products poor reviews, leading to a compromise in the journalistic integrity and freedom of the original show.
There's a simple solution to that: don't accept car companies as sponsors. There's plenty of other large companies out there. :rolleyes:
#204433 - 08/07/08 12:41 PM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I saw the episode where Capt Slow topped out the Veyron...and it was bloody awesome.

I absolutely love that show and at first I was elated that there was an American version in the works...until I heard the host was to be Adam Corolla...and then I got sick...the LAST thing I want to see is "The Man Show" with cars added in.

Sorry to any fans but it aint my bag of comedy.
Acutally, Adam knows a lot about exotic and unique cars and has a pretty large collection. Seen him on the Funk Master Flex car show a while ago.

I doubt if I'll watch the American version but I'd give it a try.

The only think I don't like about the BBC version is they are anti-american cars. A long time ago, they made of the corvette C5 and botched a test comparison. Jeremy made fun of the fact it had leaf springs.

Now, I see they redeemed itself with C6. Kinda, sorta, not. It compares it to an STD.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/364093/top_gear_corvette_c6_z06/

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#204434 - 08/07/08 01:52 PM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
The C6 Z06 was on hsitory channel's "How it's made" the other day, was a VERY cool show. That thing would be amazing to add forced induction to, its so lightweight.
#204435 - 08/08/08 03:26 AM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by TastyBake:
I doubt if I'll watch the American version but I'd give it a try.

The only think I don't like about the BBC version is they are anti-american cars.
Agreed and agreed. Though Clarkson DID love the Ford GT...
#204436 - 08/08/08 09:56 AM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Yep until it kept getting reported as stolen.

I think once you get past "the man show" I think Adam will make a good host for the show.

The hosts need to be different but have likable personalities.

Ever notice when Top Gear tests American cars some how it always ends up on a wet track? Just take a gander at thier power board. The (w) means the track was wet. ZO6 ran in the wet the CTS-V ran in the wet etc etc.

I wonder how long an american version can keep the new Stig's identity a secret.
#204437 - 08/09/08 03:42 AM Re: Nissan GT-R Injures TV Show Host
Acefighter Offline
You know, Herc, I thought you were right about the American cars on the wet track, but looking at the list on Wikipedia it looks like that's not true. Ford GT, Shelby GT500, Roush Mustang, Corvette Z06, none of them have Wet by them like the Viper or CTS-V does. I'll have to check the episodes and see...

*EDIT* I did just check Season 8, Episode 2, and the Z06 is indeed on a dry track. I like having the whole series and my finger tips... lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >