Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#206891 - 06/30/05 09:54 PM convertible fever
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I swear the summertime works on me some kinda bad...if its not motorcycles its open top cars. I must be closing in on my mid-life crisis!...it seems like every other day I run across another ride I'd like to have and start wondering if theres any way to swing it...I gotta get me some good medication for this crap...besides seeing the ads for the Solstice and the Saturn Sky, I saw a Plum Crazy PT Cruiser vert the other day...fat wheels and tires, dual exhausts, turbo and some very slick flames (painted, not decals)...great looking summer cruise machine (and will run its butt off)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#206892 - 07/01/05 07:23 AM Re: convertible fever
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Just break down and buy a bike.
#206893 - 07/01/05 07:30 AM Re: convertible fever
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
yes they are cheap.
#206894 - 07/01/05 08:43 AM Re: convertible fever
ThunderBat Offline
Part of me would really like a bike but the only drawback is if I had one, I'd like to travel places with it and my wife has made it very clear that she has no interest in playing passenger on the back of a bike. She doesnt mind the notion of a convertible at all but if I get the bike I'll be a solo rider...which would be fine for commuting to work but thats about it...plus you can put the top up on a vert if it rains, instead of getting soaked.

#206895 - 07/01/05 02:59 PM Re: convertible fever
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
when i moved to waco 8 years ago the only mode of transportation me and my dad had was his motorcycle it really sucked going the the store sandwiches everyday for about 3 months unless we went out to eat. when it rained he would go to work in a waterresient jumpsuit and carry his work suit with him in a waterproof backpack to change into at work. he eventually got rid of the bike because here in waco people think that they are playing grand theft auto and if they hit the guy on the motorcycle they get some kind of prize.

#206896 - 07/01/05 04:46 PM Re: convertible fever
BryantGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:
when i moved to waco 8 years ago the only mode of transportation me and my dad had was his motorcycle it really sucked going the the store sandwiches everyday for about 3 months unless we went out to eat. when it rained he would go to work in a waterresient jumpsuit and carry his work suit with him in a waterproof backpack to change into at work.
I would do that in a heartbeat if I could.
#206897 - 07/01/05 04:47 PM Re: convertible fever
BryantGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I'd like to travel places with it and my wife has made it very clear that she has no interest in playing passenger on the back of a bike.
Then get a girlfriend.
#206898 - 07/01/05 05:17 PM Re: convertible fever
ThunderBat Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
Quote:
[b] I'd like to travel places with it and my wife has made it very clear that she has no interest in playing passenger on the back of a bike.
Then get a girlfriend. [/b]
A rather bold statement young squire...I'm guessing made by one who has never paid for a divorce...or as my father put it so eloqently...
"15 minutes of pleasure = 15 years of paying out your ass" I count myself fortunate I only had to pay for 5 years...I coulda bought a bike AND a convertible with all that freakin money!...no thanks, I'll have to pass on that piece of advice.

#206899 - 07/02/05 01:09 AM Re: convertible fever
BryantGTP Offline
Quote:
]A rather bold statement young squire...I'm guessing made by one who has never paid for a divorce...or as my father put it so eloqently...
It was just a joke, and no I haven't paid for a divorce. That's a whole 'nother conversation.
#206900 - 07/02/05 02:30 PM Re: convertible fever
BTC13 Offline
Loc: Neptune Beach, FL
I belive in the world of cycling they refer to the tag along rider on a bike as "riding bitch". Got to love it. Miss my convertible terribly. At least the Daytona Shelby has t-tops. Two things the GTP desperately needed were a 5 speed and a drop top option. You be surprised how hard it has to be raining to actually get wet with the top down while at speed on an interstate.
1994 Ford Mustang
1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby T II(putting back together)
#206901 - 07/02/05 04:43 PM Re: convertible fever
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Hey Tbat I bet your wife would feel comfortable on one of these

#206902 - 07/02/05 05:09 PM Re: convertible fever
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
The biker rally was in town last month. I found myself driving down the road next to a Boss Hogg, 350V8 motorcycle

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#206903 - 07/03/05 12:57 AM Re: convertible fever
ThunderBat Offline
Boss Hoss Bikes and Trikes have crazy amounts of power for less than 4 wheels (and a decent amount if it did have 4 wheels!) especially that one with a 502 big block (gives overkill a whole new meaning!)
Bryant...I knew it was joke, I didnt intend for the reply to come across as heated...I was just razzing laugh
Herc...I've actually shown her a GoldWing and she was suitably unimpressed (but I still like them if they didnt cost so much...this is kinda what bugs me, $20k is a car to me)
BTC...I've heard stories about some of these diehard roadster drivers (32 highboys and such) that dont believe their cars should have tops (a little too diehard for me) they said the same thing...blasting along at highway speed in rainstorms and hardly get wet (I guess yer screwed if you have to stop)...Personally I think my wife might like the bike thing if she would give it a whirl...she said if I rented a bike for a day she would ride and see but told me not to hope for big things cuz she still wants no parts of traveling on one...So I guess if I go in hock for $20k worth, it'll have to be a drop top car (wish I could have my T-Bat converted to a targa roof...that would look slick) I dont know of any place in the state that does those kinda conversions (maybe Jersey or California) and I'm sure they dont finance that sort of thing (maybe when i win the lotto!...hey, it could happen) crazy lol

#206904 - 07/03/05 10:25 AM Re: convertible fever
BryantGTP Offline
I've driven a Honda Valkyrie which is the 1520cc 6-cylinder. Holy crap is it fast. It would have beaten my 600 off the line. I don't think I would want a V8 in a motorcycle.