Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208612 - 02/09/07 12:28 AM chemical plant explosion in KC
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
This happened yesterday just about 15 miles from where I live.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250771,00.html

You can see smoke from miles away. I thought we were under attack when it happened because I heard the boom and the power flickered on and off for several minutes. Pretty crazy stuff.. but it's making headlines nationwide.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#208613 - 02/09/07 12:41 AM Re: chemical plant explosion in KC
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
There was toxic waste disposal plant that blew up about 10 miles from my house a year and a half ago. They had to evacuate several neighborhoods and told everyone in the area to keep all the windows to their homes shut. It was a huge mess. My friends dad was actually the HR manager at the plant, but luckily it happened later at night when there werent many people working.

Hope all goes well with this mishap.
#208614 - 02/09/07 06:26 PM Re: chemical plant explosion in KC
SteveOGTP Offline
Loc: reynoldsburg, ohio
thats why only american who can speak english should be hired lol.. thats sucks
#208615 - 02/11/07 01:19 PM Re: chemical plant explosion in KC
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I live and work around the possibility of such a thing everyday. The plant where I work at has the potential to go boom in any number of ways. Frankly I'm amazed they have been operating there for 52 years and there has never been a fatality. They did have a four story tall vessel ignite internally and lift off thru the roof of the building like a rocket. It sailed over the main office building and landed on the front lawn...no one was injured...then shortly after that, a two story tall kettle in another area of the plant pressure exploded...luckily it was enclosed inside a building which it flattened (and a couple others)...amazing once again that no one was injured. Both of these incidents happened 30 years ago and the amount of safeguards we have in place today sometimes seemlike overkill, but I guess they learned those hard lessons before and dont intend for it to happen again.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com