Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212149 - 12/11/10 08:32 PM I love pick n pull
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Major score today.

Found a 98 GTP with the charcoal interior.

I grabbed the dash bezel because my fog light switch mount broke and it's hanging behind the dash, a new ABS computer, complete catback with no rust holes, a head light capsule, idler pulleys and a brand new alternator(didn't need that it'll sit on the shelf till I do) for $116!!!!!!!!

Purchased the catback as a whole unit. Didn't have to cut it up.

I got tired of the drone from the flowmasters and no resonator and I couldn't pass up the deal for a complete replacement.
#212150 - 12/12/10 05:25 AM Re: I love pick n pull [Re: HercMan(Rob)]
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
NICE! I need to get to one and see if i cant find some new mufflers.. mine are shot.. haha and i dont want to go after market because I don't want a loud exhaust.
#212151 - 12/12/10 12:38 PM Re: I love pick n pull [Re: HercMan(Rob)]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
I got the entire cat-back. They had already cut off the cat so I got the flanges on back no cutting no nothing. Got home all I had to do was cut the bolt heads off mine cause I was not about to fight the corroded bolts. Un hook all the rubber hangers slide the old out slide the new in hung it all on the hangers put a new gasket and two new bolts and 10 minutes later a new non leaking quiet cat-back.

You should have seen the look on the guys at the register when my son and I walked in to the checkout with a complete cat-back.
#212152 - 12/12/10 09:00 PM Re: I love pick n pull [Re: HercMan(Rob)]
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
That's awesome man. Sounds like you got some awesome deals!
#212153 - 12/12/10 11:16 PM Re: I love pick n pull [Re: HercMan(Rob)]
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
sounds like you had some great success, our pull-a-part is basically in mexican hood and the place is packed with them or just others taking all the good stuff off i think for their cars or to resale. by the time i get to a grand prix, i realized i wasted a dollar to get in and the gas it costs to drive out there normally. i have got a few things before though. seems like ours doesn't have a lot of newer stuff either. a new car comes in and the people are lined up waiting on it.
dhp 1.0
#212157 - 12/16/10 11:34 AM Re: I love pick n pull [Re: HercMan(Rob)]
stoveguy Offline
Loc: minnesota
i had a 79 camaro with single exhaust. bought a catback dual setup from a trans-am. i only wanted the rear y-pipe. in that era, the dual muffs were before the rear axle. the muffs were ok but the pipes over the axle were shot. owner thought it was crazy to buy a used exhaust but i was looking for loud so it worked for me. i ended up having new axle over pipes made at a muffler shop.
#212161 - 12/18/10 04:13 PM Re: I love pick n pull [Re: HercMan(Rob)]
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Well I just got through dismantling my old exhaust to send to the recycler. Looked inside the mufflers and they were rusted through. So in reality I didn't have mufflers lol. As for my resonated tips. The glass was gone as well.