Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#215310 - 08/01/11 04:42 AM AT&T "Warranty"
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
I'm just curious how many people have issues with ATT warranty coverage.

Today I went to the ATT store, again, to get my phone exchanged out, again. I have a Samsung Impression which still looks brand new, with no scratches or dings, or any blemishes of any sort. I had to have it exchanged out in December, at which point the sales staff informed me that I would be getting another 3 months added onto my phones warranty. I got the phone in June, so this would mean September. The 27th to be exact. I was assured of this at the time that there would be no problems with this. So I head into the store, phone in hand and all my account information ready. I go through the great process of their troubleshooting for them to tell me the touch screen is bad, which I already knew. Now they tell me that my warranty is gone and I have to either send it to Samsung for repair at my cost or buy a new phone. I tell them to double check that, as I was assured my warranty was good until September. They tell me they can't do anything else for me besides sell me a new phone. I calmly told them I had no intention of spending more money for something that should be getting replaced without issue. So as you can imagine, I was pretty ticked off about the whole ordeal. Come Monday I'm going to be in contact with ATT about this whole ordeal, and I'm hoping for a better resolution then sell me a new phone. I just might be forced to another carrier after over 7 years of loyalty for this. I've never had an issue with ATT before, they've always warrantied out my phone if there was a problem and treated me with respect.
#215324 - 08/02/11 08:13 PM Re: AT&T "Warranty" [Re: jjcom]
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
i have nothing good to say about the ATT warranty. but if they refuse to cover the phone fixing it is really simple and easy as long as you have basic electronics knowledge watch this video and order the parts from amazon they are less then $20 and usually come with the tools needed to repair the phone. the only reason i know this is because i had to replace the same part out of warranty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOH-Fl3jlj4

the part you will need is the digitizer.

#215328 - 08/02/11 11:52 PM Re: AT&T "Warranty" [Re: jjcom]
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
I'm happy to report they are going to swap out my phone. They bumped my call up to a manager who decided to approve my claim since I was told the phone would be covered. They apologized several times and took care of it all.