Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2320 - 10/05/06 10:49 PM nitrous idea
SteveOGTP Offline
Loc: reynoldsburg, ohio
well I wanted a way to cool my supercharger but not wanting to spend a lot of cash so here is an idea I have seen and been thinking of... when you use nitrous you spray either into the throttle body or direct port... would it be safe to spray it into the air filter insted? I would use maybe a 50 jet or lower if posible to spray onto the filter to kool the air before it goes to the throttle body... what do you think of this idea?
#2321 - 10/05/06 11:10 PM Re: nitrous idea
Igor Offline
Loc: Columbia/College Park, MD
well, there problem would be that the nitrous would soak the filter. Also, the filter or box might leak, and nitrous in the engine bay is not a good thing. It's a safety issue.

Also, nitrous isn't used for cooling, it's used for a hugh burst of energy in combustion.
#2322 - 10/06/06 12:05 AM Re: nitrous idea
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I agree wit Igor.
#2323 - 10/07/06 12:43 AM Re: nitrous idea
Tech Offline
Loc: Garden City, KS
Nitrous can be used for cooling as well but only in in cars with a2a intercoolers. As for the burst of energy conception, yes it does do that but its an oxidizing effect.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Catalog/2006/ntercooler.pdf
#2324 - 10/07/06 02:37 AM Re: nitrous idea
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by SteveOGTP:
well I wanted a way to cool my supercharger but not wanting to spend a lot of cash so here is an idea I have seen and been thinking of... when you use nitrous you spray either into the throttle body or direct port... would it be safe to spray it into the air filter insted? I would use maybe a 50 jet or lower if posible to spray onto the filter to kool the air before it goes to the throttle body... what do you think of this idea?
you can or atleast i know they have done it to motorcycles and have called it fogging so i believe it can be done to cars as well.

#2325 - 10/07/06 09:26 AM Re: nitrous idea
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Seems like it wouldn't be worth it. If you want to cool stuff, save up for a SS intercooler.
#2326 - 10/10/06 04:12 PM Re: nitrous idea
gteisele Offline
Loc: New Jersey
I have a 55 dry shot up for sale....cost 500-550 depending on were you get it....installed but never really used....i would be willing to sell for as low as $400....i even have the throttle body sprayer so that its a direct shot into the manifold rather than going past all of the intake and TB sensors which helps alot....let me know
(99 GT),K&N 9" intake,ZZP HV TB(68mm), ZZP PCM,ZZP front powerlog, HV3 intake manifold spacer, 3" DP to SLP exhaust,Comp Cam 801 and springs, MSD ignition,Voltage Booster,black housing headlights with HID kit and halos