Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#24606 - 10/26/04 04:29 PM supercharger leaking
Cool0482 Offline
Loc: Boston, MA
my 2000 GTP i believe it leaking supercharger oil. The level was really low, i went and got a bottle from the dealer and put the whole bottle in, seams to be leaking where the snout is bolted to the rest of the supercharger, and i think the leak is under, cant really see it, but if i put my fingers under the snout, its all oil, is this a big problem, anyone know whats wrong and how much it would cost to fix?
3.4" pulley, thrasher intake, thrasher shift kit(med), u-bend delete, eibach springs with KYB struts, DHP PCM, maf screen removes, bypass manipulated, TPS adjusted, borla exhaust tips, colder plugs and a PHAT ASS SYSTEM!!!
#24607 - 10/26/04 04:34 PM Re: supercharger leaking
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
have you tried tightening the bolts on it. i think there are ten of them there. you could always unbolt it and put you a small bead the red silicone or some type of gasket stuff and on it and then bolt it up. if did decide to pull the snout off, i'd go ahead and change the coupler out just to be on the safe side. but there is no gasket between the snout and the s/c, so i'd guess maybe the bolts are loose, hopefully not cracked. i just put a small bead of red stuff on it and have no leaks yet.
dhp 1.0
#24608 - 10/26/04 04:38 PM Re: supercharger leaking
Cool0482 Offline
where do i put the red stuff? between the snout and SC or on the outside?
3.4" pulley, thrasher intake, thrasher shift kit(med), u-bend delete, eibach springs with KYB struts, DHP PCM, maf screen removes, bypass manipulated, TPS adjusted, borla exhaust tips, colder plugs and a PHAT ASS SYSTEM!!!
#24609 - 10/26/04 06:35 PM Re: supercharger leaking
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
To do like Snow recommends you'll have to remove the snout from the S/C body. Then use some kind of silicone sealant with a thin bead on the housing squishing it between the two parts.
#24610 - 10/26/04 06:48 PM Re: supercharger leaking
Cool0482 Offline
how hard is it to remove the snout? I have every kind of tool one can think of, and i'm pretty good with that kind of stuff, will i need to remove the SC oil first? and whats a good product to use to seal it?
#24611 - 10/26/04 11:38 PM Re: supercharger leaking
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
http://www3.sympatico.ca/aepa/blowerinstall.html

here is a link that shows you how to replace the coupler in there, but it also shows you what you have to do remove it. like hercman said, you just put a thin bead on there. think there are 10 bolts to remove, and a couple are not easy, but it took me a couple hours from start to end, but i wasn't in no hurry.
dhp 1.0